Problem with throttle wire

Kad666

Region
Canada
I have à problem with my throttle wire i dont have any black or red wire! How do I know which one do what? I need to connect the blue yellow white brown(my old throttle to the red black white (my new controller.).

Attachments

• 20210530_154432.jpg
    20210530_154432.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 20210530_154439.jpg
    20210530_154439.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 502
Here is the diagram of the new controller if can help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191021-123634_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20191021-123634_AliExpress.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 583
I have à problem with my throttle wire i dont have any black or red wire! How do I know which one do what? I need to connect the blue yellow white brown(my old throttle to the red black white (my new controller.). Here is picture of the old controller so I think brown is red and blue is black.. if someone can help... thank you!

Attachments

• 20210530_185948.jpg
    20210530_185948.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 394
  • 20210530_190005.jpg
    20210530_190005.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 492
What's on your throttle that requires a fourth wire? Does it have an LED or LCD display showing voltage? Does it have a key switch? Does it have a start button?

Since the new controller doesn't support extra function in your throttle, it would be wise to identify it first here.

Chinese manufacturers don't always follow color codes in wiring. Usually black is ground, red is +5v, and white is the hall signal. Do you have the old controller and the color codes it used for the throttle? Maybe it had black, red, and white also and you could match up what colors they connected to on the throttle. Alternatively, you could just buy a new throttle. They are cheap and your new controller doesn't seem to have an eco function.

MTA: If your old controller has a black and red wire, those are most likely ground and +5v. The hall sensor wire could be any color.

Last edited:
Seems to me then that you need more than 4 wires coming off your throttle to support Eco/Turbo and also ON/OFF.

Is this a high end commercial ebike or just a random import off the internet?

Chinese manufacturers don't always follow color codes in wiring. Usually black is ground, red is +5v, and white is the hall signal. Do you have the old controller and the color codes it used for the throttle? Maybe it had black, red, and white also and you could match up what colors they connected to on the throttle. Alternatively, you could just buy a new throttle. They are cheap and your new controller doesn't seem to have an eco function.

MTA: If your old controller has a black and red wire, those are most likely ground and +5v. The hall sensor wire could be any color.
If I buy and plug another throttle I fear to be confuse if something is plugged on the on/off and that I need it to start my ebike well I'm not sure 😅😖 or I remove everything and just buy a 3 wire throttle direct plug to the 3 wire throttle and that's it?

Seems to me then that you need more than 4 wires coming off your throttle to support Eco/Turbo and also ON/OFF.

Is this a high end commercial ebike or just a random import off the internet?
Do you think +5v can pass thought on/off and go trought handle or something like that.. because it really seems I have only 4 wire throttle maybe i send you more pic ?🤔😁

I dont know I bought it use two years ago from someone. As analogic display, normal light(no led) it seems to be an old orange gio.

Back