How to best connect thin yellow throttle wire to thick red controller wire?

You should show the respective connectors for the new and old throttle. Every controller has a bundle of wires, but you only care about where it connected to the old throttle.
It arrived. Looks exactly the same and has the same model number. But the connector at each end is different. The old one has a 5 and 2 connector. But this new one has a 3 and 2 connector. The one one is the black one and the new one is the white one. How do I proceed please?

Attachments

• IMG_5950.jpeg
    IMG_5950.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5956.jpeg
    IMG_5956.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5954.jpeg
    IMG_5954.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5952.jpeg
    IMG_5952.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5951.jpeg
    IMG_5951.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 32
You should show the respective connectors for the new and old throttle. Every controller has a bundle of wires, but you only care about where it connected to the old throttle.

Looks like just a throttle with a key. Does it show the voltage too?
This is the new against the old. For the new connection what do I have to do.

Attachments

• 5c1a65e3-c5c3-4a03-91ad-2de09494d929.jpeg
    5c1a65e3-c5c3-4a03-91ad-2de09494d929.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 19
  • f1f785d4-8aa5-45d5-b0c3-f0afc81e0f72.jpeg
    f1f785d4-8aa5-45d5-b0c3-f0afc81e0f72.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 23
THis is your new throttle? Two connectors. The three pin is red/black/blue and are the throttle pins. Red/Black are power and ground. Blue is signal, The other connector is from the switch that's on the throttle and you found the matching connector for it,
new_throttle.jpeg

Earlier, you said the controller connector for the old throttle was a five position plug, but your picture shows a 4 position plug for the old throttle. It also only has three wires in it.

How about more info on the throttle connector on the controller side? Is it five pins or four pins, and how many wires and what color are they?

I am expecting to you to say it's a four pin connector with three wires. It would be nice if two of them are red/black. I believe you will want to cut the old connector off the old throttle, and splice it to the new throttle. You want to be somewhat scientific in matching the wires. Do you have a multimeter.

If you were to measure the voltages on the three wires, you can identify them.

THis is your new throttle? Two connectors. The three pin is red/black/blue and are the throttle pins. Red/Black are power and ground. Blue is signal, The other connector is from the switch that's on the throttle and you found the matching connector for it,
View attachment 182085

Earlier, you said the controller connector for the old throttle was a five position plug, but your picture shows a 4 position plug for the old throttle. It also only has three wires in it.

How about more info on the throttle connector on the controller side? Is it five pins or four pins, and how many wires and what color are they?

I am expecting to you to say it's a four pin connector with three wires. It would be nice if two of them are red/black. I believe you will want to cut the old connector off the old throttle, and splice it to the new throttle. You want to be somewhat scientific in matching the wires. Do you have a multimeter.

If you were to measure the voltages on the three wires, you can identify them.
I opened up the new throttle handle and look at the connection and I saw that it has the same connection except for a brown wire for the led light which isn’t present in the new one with the old one only that it has different pin so I I connected the wires directly the display turns on but motor still doesn’t run.

Attachments

• IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5968.jpeg
    IMG_5968.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5967.jpeg
    IMG_5967.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 21
I opened up the new throttle handle and look at the connection and I saw that it has the same connection except for a brown wire for the led light which isn’t present in the new one with the old one only that it has different pin so I I connected the wires directly the display turns on but motor still doesn’t run.
You have any tip on how to make it work?

The light keeps flashing when it’s turned on just like it is was when the turtle broke. I hear a single click sound come from the motor each time I turn on the key.

What light keeps flashing,.
Please show the connector from the controller that went to the old throttle,

The bike’s front light. I cut and connected the wires directly from the new throttle cable to the old one since I confirm the colors are the same but the pin don’t match. Only that the new throttle doesn’t have that lone brown wire which I figured it’s for the light. Because the old throttle turns twice, the first turn turns on the bike which makes it work, if you turn the key again, that then turns on the light. But the new throttle only turn once and has no brown wire so I assume the brown wire is for the light. Still doesn’t work I just need the motor to run that’s it.

Attachments

• IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5978.jpeg
    IMG_5978.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5978.jpeg
    IMG_5978.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5971.jpeg
    IMG_5971.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 21
The old throttle had more than 5 wires then. If you're not showing the picture or telling people what they are looking at, can't offer any tips. LED lights usually flash when they're getting the wrong voltage,

Well, there are six ways to hook up a three wire throttle, and without measuring the voltages, you will have to randomly try them all, if those three wires are the right ones,

You have to be careful with these combo LED/switch/throttles. A pure throttle only has 3 wires amd they are low voltage. When you involve a switch and power LCD. you're adding battery power to the mix. Can't make any mistakes with wiring or something blows up. That's why I suggest a meter, so you know for sure you don't have 36V or 48V accidentally going to the throttle.

Last edited:
I am showing you the connection, I sent a whole load of pictures and yes the throttle has 3 wires(red,blue and black). What picture do you want me to send please I need this to work and I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

This are the connector that came with the new throttle. The Blue red and black are for the throttle. While the white and yellow are for the key.

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpeg
    IMG_5981.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 21
This is for the old connector

Attachments

• IMG_5982.jpeg
    IMG_5982.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5983.jpeg
    IMG_5983.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 19
No picture of the keyswitch part?
XXX3.jpg

xxx2.jpeg

I think the connector you didn't show is probably your problem, You said it was three wires?

Back