Problem with latest firmware update

Not Giant text, but you get the drift...

Thanks for the link. If I interpreted the brochure correctly then the auto mode works between assist levels 2, 3 and 4. That reflects my test experience yesterday.

Although the surging felt a little disconcerting on paved road I will have to give it a try on trails which is what the PW-X2 is really designed for.

I refuse, repeat, refuse using the Giant RideControl App! On today's ride, the app has reorganised my EVO display and finally deleted the daily stats from it!

Just got this update yesterday when I used the bike app. A huge difference now in Smart assist mode. Almost no need to pedal at all! I guess it will eat up the battery faster. Feels like “Sport” mode now.
Yes, update might actually cause me to give up ‘control’ once in a while. Over 20mph headwinds and made the journey much easier... less changing power modes. Cadence and speed even. 2020 Liv Intrigue... Wonderful! 🚴‍♀️

Updated with latest firmware (2020 Explore e+3 GTS). On my regular route (20 miles) with assist level 2 all the way as I normally do, seems to consume a bit more power than before.

With the latest Ride Control app update it seems the Zero Cadence feature has been toned down .

INSTANT RESPONSE :
The motor engages instantly when power is applied to the pedals.
This helps the rider when accelerating and offers reliable performance on steep climbs and at low speeds.

I tried changing the factory assist % settings in my Fathom e+2. After turning off the bike and on again, the new ammended settings were gone and back to default. I have the newest updated firmware as of today, so i dont know if this is a bug of the new update. Can someone here confirm if it is the same on your end? Another user in another thread here, just confirmed with me that when you change the settings, it saves it after turning off and on again.

I tried changing the factory assist % settings in my Fathom e+2. After turning off the bike and on again, the new ammended settings were gone and back to default. I have the newest updated firmware as of today, so i dont know if this is a bug of the new update. Can someone here confirm if it is the same on your end? Another user in another thread here, just confirmed with me that when you change the settings, it saves it after turning off and on again.

Nope, I did the same (using the latest firmware) and there seems no way to adjust it back or if it does, it doesn't display :-( Looks like we have yet another bug - sigh...

I just noticed with this latest update my "search destination" function no longer works , search results are blank .
Deleted app and reinstalled ; No Work .
Not a big deal as I rarely use , but ...

After deleting the app then reloading onto my iPhone 8 it seems to be fully functional for the first time on my 2020 Fathom hard tall. First time cadence worked and that I could save rides. I really only use this app to modify my assist settings and check battery level. I have other apps I use to show vitals and record my rides.

perhaps someday in a galaxy far, far away this app will be something I will want to use on my rides. 🚴‍♀️

After deleting the app then reloading onto my iPhone 8 it seems to be fully functional for the first time on my 2020 Fathom hard tall. First time cadence worked and that I could save rides. I really only use this app to modify my assist settings and check battery level. I have other apps I use to show vitals and record my rides.

perhaps someday in a galaxy far, far away this app will be something I will want to use on my rides. 🚴‍♀️

When you modify assist settings does it save it? When I turn bike off and back on, the modified assist settings always revert to default.

Yes, 'saving' saves all settings. Do not log out, just close the app. If it's accessing your phone location, open settings (IOS), scroll down to RIDECONTROL, and for location tracking select NEVER. You'll see tracking disconnect - blue bar on the top of the phone display. Once it disconnects, then you can select 'WHEN USING APP' and it will start up properly next time you use it.

I often wonder if some of the problem people have is from not having a proper login to the host with their app. For one of mine I had to create a new one, and login with it, then everything worked normally. There's a specific set of connections and logins for everything to connect to the bike and work properly. It is not completely intuitive, and I wonder if some just miss a step in the process.

I also had trouble saving custom bike model names in the setup, but all that works now too, since I have two different bikes I can connect to with the app.

Try saving your “ride“ before turning Ride Control off. Seems like this saves more than just your ride. 🚴‍♀️
OK will try saving a ride thru the app and see if it saves the ammended settings... Never saved my rides thru the app since I was using Strava. Thanks

Ah, not good. You should back off pedalling power slightly before you shift though.

BTW. Auto mode only selects between 1 and 4, 5 is only selectable manually.

Hello Softsand,
You stated " Auto mode only selects between 1 and 4, 5 is only selectable manually."

I would like to be sure of this (mostly out of curiosity) because I ride in Auto most of the time.
I have often wished there was a way to know which Assist Level Auto was selecting, as a point of reference in a case where I may choose to switch to Manual.
I too assumed it utilized Level 5, because the hill climbs have been so easy........

Can you confirm the "1 to 4" statement ?
or Tell me where to look it up ?

Craig :cool:

Hello Softsand,
You stated " Auto mode only selects between 1 and 4, 5 is only selectable manually."

I would like to be sure of this (mostly out of curiosity) because I ride in Auto most of the time.
I have often wished there was a way to know which Assist Level Auto was selecting, as a point of reference in a case where I may choose to switch to Manual.
I too assumed it utilized Level 5, because the hill climbs have been so easy........

Can you confirm the "1 to 4" statement ?
or Tell me where to look it up ?

I was wrong... I swore I read that somewhere however when trying to find it, I found this bit of text from Giant - the Smart Assist mode “is able to use all 11 Micro-assist levels between 50 percent and 360 percent support ratio that are pre-programmed in the motor. These 11 levels are the same levels that are selectable when tuning the motor with the RideControl app. So instead of just five modes, this gives a much smoother and more gradual change in the support provided.”

I was wrong... I swore I read that somewhere however when trying to find it, I found this bit of text from Giant - the Smart Assist mode “is able to use all 11 Micro-assist levels between 50 percent and 360 percent support ratio that are pre-programmed in the motor. These 11 levels are the same levels that are selectable when tuning the motor with the RideControl app. So instead of just five modes, this gives a much smoother and more gradual change in the support provided.”

Ok ! Thanks for doing the Homework Softsand 🤓 👍

A new app problem for me “Activity Upload Fail” after a ride today. Giant App also kept crashing (iPhone) when I tried to open previous rides.
No idea how to start a new thread on this site either, since “new conversation”
requires me to send it to someone, so can only add replies to other threads it seems ...

D7438E31-4C55-461F-9918-25823AB2169D.png

Back