Problem with Hyper E-Bike Controller

wchoe

I have a Hyper 26" Pedal Assist E-Bike with a problem in the Controller that is used to turn power on/off and set Speed modes. The Controller and bicycle would lose power every so often when it goes over bumps. The Battery is fully charged and the lights on it are still on at the time.

I was told to open up the top part of the Frame where wires from the Brakes and Controller are integrated into a Box, to see if the wiring is loose. I tried to check this and looks like wires are okay.

Appreciate if someone can provide some advice on solving the problem.

The bike is unusable due to the intermittent power problem.

Thanks

I’d check every connection point in the wiring. I’d start with the cut-off switches in the breaks handles. Good luck, finding an intermittent problem can be madding.

I have a Hyper 26" Pedal Assist E-Bike with a problem in the Controller that is used to turn power on/off and set Speed modes. The Controller and bicycle would lose power every so often when it goes over bumps. The Battery is fully charged and the lights on it are still on at the time.

I was told to open up the top part of the Frame where wires from the Brakes and Controller are integrated into a Box, to see if the wiring is loose. I tried to check this and looks like wires are okay.

Appreciate if someone can provide some advice on solving the problem.

The bike is unusable due to the intermittent power problem.

Thanks
I'd suggest unplugging, cleaning and reinserting each electrical connection. Contact contamination, even from the factory, could be your problem. Connections that feel tight should also be unplugged and cleaned.

For our ebikes I use a 'plastic friendly' contact cleaner, see pic.
0309201133_Film1.jpg
I also use a dielectric grease on the power connectors to minimize corrosion. I've read that some others use this on all their connections.

I’d check every connection point in the wiring. I’d start with the cut-off switches in the breaks handles. Good luck, finding an intermittent problem can be madding.

Thanks for the suggestion. Are there sensors used by the cut-off switches in the brake switches?

I'd suggest unplugging, cleaning and reinserting each electrical connection. Contact contamination, even from the factory, could be your problem. Connections that feel tight should also be unplugged and cleaned.

For our ebikes I use a 'plastic friendly' contact cleaner, see pic.
View attachment 52857
I also use a dielectric grease on the power connectors to minimize corrosion. I've read that some others use this on all their connections.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to do this for the Controller and Brake connections on the handle-bar, but the connections inside the Frame itself where the Box is located is hard to reach because the wires are short.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try to do this for the Controller and Brake connections on the handle-bar, but the connections inside the Frame itself where the Box is located is hard to reach because the wires are short.
A corollary to Murphy's Law predicts that's where the problem will be...😉

Thanks for the suggestion. Are there sensors used by the cut-off switches in the brake switches?

They are simple switches built into the break handles on my e-bike. I think that’s the case for most cut-off switches on the e-bikes I’ve encountered.

Back