problem accessing the pedal assist sensor (PAS) connector on my Overfly Sportsman Electric bike

I’m having a problem accessing the pedal assist sensor (PAS) connector on my Overfly Sportsman Electric bike. It’s a rear-motor driven bike with a controller box inside the downtube.

Somehow the PAS was damaged and in trying to repair it I inadvertently unplugged the waterproof connector. Problem is that the controller box appears to be imbedded in the downtube. I’ve tried to view inside the downtube to get a visual on exactly where the other end of the connector is located but to no avail. It seems that the controller box is located within the downtube of the frame but it is not accessible from the outside of the frame. I tried minimal exploration through the battery case on the downtube but it looks like it’s embedded.

I was wondering if anyone might have any information on how to access the controller box on the bike because the PAS sensor cable disconnected and I need to re-connect it with a new sensor.

Do you know if the location where the battery connects to the frame near the bottom bracket is where the waterproof PAS connector is located?

Any help through advice or schematic of the bike’s internal downtube controller placement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• SPORTSMAN 500W Configuration form-.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 592
The controller might be inside the cradle of your battery.

They do that with the Hailong 2 case. But if they route the cables inside the frame, seems like it will still be a pain to find the end.

One would think they make the cable long enough to connect to the sensor outside the frame, and then they push the slack inside. That will be tough to fish out.

Thanks, yes it seems to be there but looks like they’ve made it so it cannot easily be removed. I agree that the cable length should be enough to access and push it back inside the downtube but the opposite happened as the PAS cable has extra cable not the controller. I was hoping I could get to the controller through the cradle then re-connect the PAS and feed it to the bottom bracket...but I think unfortunately in for a fishing expedition. At least I still have throttle but I prefer using PAS since it’s more like regular biking.
Thanks again for your insight.

Back