Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Tora, get the shakes looking at this. Truly a new universe. But would I be able to work with this also in between having the most enjoyable commutes and fun rides?

Like will it come with bosses for a good rack?

Seems like plenty power for hauling good load on bike trailer. Am I wrong?

Tora, get the shakes looking at this. Truly a new universe. But would I be able to work with this also in between having the most enjoyable commutes and fun rides?

Like will it come with bosses for a good rack?

Seems like plenty power for hauling good load on bike trailer. Am I wrong?

It has frame bosses for the rack. We will have a MAC 12T winding version with incredible torque but somewhat lower top speed.

Is this for future Hyper Fat frames? In an earlier post, you mentioned the founder series didn't come with the frame bosses.

Have you guys established the pricing on the possible option for a front suspension fork yet?

How much slack is there in the cabling if I wanted to add a stem riser extension for a more upright position?

Last edited:
It has frame bosses for the rack. We will have a MAC 12T winding version with incredible torque but somewhat lower top speed.
Great move. After 4 years of Bafang mid drives, I have all models, and Mxus direct drive, I'm converting to Mac 10T. Eventually 4 of 6 bikes will be Mac. Including one 2WD Mac 10T. A great motor capable from 36V to 60V.

Wow, this looks amazing. How good of a climber is this going to be? Is the MAC just powerful enough that it doesn't matter?

I'm in Seattle, and have a long (2+mile) 4-5% hills mixed in with shorter (0.5-1 mile) 8-10% hills on my commute. Basically, from my house I'm going down, then have to go up to return. Not much on the flat.

Debating on something like this vs. a mid-drive which would eat up hills but more shifting and potentially less raw power.

Wow, this looks amazing. How good of a climber is this going to be? Is the MAC just powerful enough that it doesn't matter?

I'm in Seattle, and have a long (2+mile) 4-5% hills mixed in with shorter (0.5-1 mile) 8-10% hills on my commute. Basically, from my house I'm going down, then have to go up to return. Not much on the flat.

Debating on something like this vs. a mid-drive which would eat up hills but more shifting and potentially less raw power.
Well, a pal on Facebook endless sphere runs a mid drive and mac front and climbs some beasts. Mac is maybe amoung the best hub drives for hills. Mac, BMC, and ezee are among the best. Ebikes.ca has a good calculator. Itll give you some ideas. http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html Are you on facebook?

Not a great deal if the charger has a problem. ALWAYS look at warrantees. I have two $80 chargers that died a month out of their 90 day warranties, now what? Start by doing he numbers. Someone in this thread also mentioned the Satiator. A charger with a very good warrantee and one that can grow with your hobby.

I read something somewhere about a 'luna' charger that does the same thing? True?

I read something somewhere about a 'luna' charger that does the same thing? True?
No not even close. The Satiator is a one stop shop for any voltage from 12V to 60V. If you decide you want a 52V battery and have a 48, no problem. Want to charge you cars battery? It can. Want to log the battery charges and history? It can. Want to charge to 50% for storage? It can. You can set up multiple programs and settings. I charge 24, 36, 48, and 52V batteries to any percentage I want. Whereas other chargers only do a single voltage. Other 48V chargers only charge a 48V battery and at 80% or 100%. There's really no comparison. The Satiator is also WATERPROOF and can be mounted on the bike or travel with the rider without worry.

Ask for the warranty on any charger. They tend to be one of the most frequently replaced item.

http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/Grin_SatiatorV1.2_WEB.pdf

"FUTURE PROOF The firmware can be upgraded in the field, and along with the flexible custom profiles this means your Cycle Satiator is ready for whatever batteries the future has in store."

Well, a pal on Facebook endless sphere runs a mid drive and mac front and climbs some beasts. Mac is maybe amoung the best hub drives for hills. Mac, BMC, and ezee are among the best. Ebikes.ca has a good calculator. Itll give you some ideas. http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html Are you on facebook?

Good info. I'll check out the endless sphere Facebook group, I have been spending a bit on the endless sphere forums directly as well.

Good info. I'll check out the endless sphere Facebook group, I have been spending a bit on the endless sphere forums directly as well.
Using their calculator, a geared eZee motor will not overheat on a 10% grade, all the way to 14% with a 220lb rider. Interesting note, apparently phone app will calculate grade!

I recommend buying the 72V Cycle Satiator over the 48V version. It won't charge as fast (5A max vs. 8A) but it will charge up to 96V systems so it should be more future proof. I have one and think it's well worth the money especially if you're getting one of the bigger (more expensive) batteries. I normally charge my 17.4aH battery to 80% at a slow 1A charge rate using my Cycle Satiator.

I recommend buying the 72V Cycle Satiator over the 48V version. It won't charge as fast (5A max vs. 8A) but it will charge up to 96V systems so it should be more future proof. I have one and think it's well worth the money especially if you're getting one of the bigger (more expensive) batteries. I normally charge my 17.4aH battery to 80% at a slow 1A charge rate using my Cycle Satiator.
Maybe a good idea for hobby guys. I will never fool with anything 60V or over. You're in a whole new range of power. But an excellent piece of advice for builders and fast bike fans!

i second getting a 72v, i have one and its definitely more future proof as battery tech develops more, and ebike battery voltage standards changes

I myself would prefer the high torque version for hills in my area, so I think this is a great option that I'm hoping is always available down the line, I'm guessing the controller will have to be setup different?

We are making the next 500-unit Batch of our exclusive Hyper-Extended Range Battery Cases. This is one of the largest downtube battery packs available today with 78 Cells giving up to 48V and 21Ah of capacity.

We are making the next 500-unit Batch of our exclusive Hyper-Extended Range Battery Cases. This is one of the largest downtube battery packs available today with 78 Cells giving up to 48V and 21Ah of capacity.
Which cells to get 21Ah out of 78? Nice move! Range and a Mac! What a great idea!

Back