Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Building the Hype! Doing some shakedown runs on the 1000 W HyperFat with the Panasonic 48V / 21Ah pack. Mostly production parts on board and the power is dialed back to just 70% for now. The torque sensor is functioning beautifully and the hub has pure linear uninterrupted acceleration. This thing is an absolute weapon and will redefine this category. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Attachments

• 1000W High speed Hub.JPG
    1000W High speed Hub.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 509
  • 48V21Ah.JPG
    48V21Ah.JPG
    700.7 KB · Views: 471
  • Charging at 3.5x.jpg
    Charging at 3.5x.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 571
Chatted online with a juiced rep yesterday, I'm seriously considering the 1000 with the 17th battery. I just really don't want to lose $2000. :)

But this would be my first ebike, im 260lbs, and I live in a very hilly area so I want a quality one

Chatted online with a juiced rep yesterday, I'm seriously considering the 1000 with the 17th battery. I just really don't want to lose $2000. :)

But this would be my first ebike, im 260lbs, and I live in a very hilly area so I want a quality one

Why would you lose $2,000?

@raymann112 - I am going to purchase one. I am not concerned about losing any money. I believe Juiced Bikes is first rate. Tora Harris seems have his soul in these bikes. What he is doing is pushing the other ebike companies to improve performance and value. I admire someone with the backbine to do so.

The only thing I must decide is do I want one from the first batch or wait until a later runs so any early production problems (if there are any-there might not be) are discovered and worked out for later runs.

But like I said if Juiced Bikes is willing to take the chance that people will want this bike, I am willing to take the chance on a first batch build.

I am assuming the controller software can be upgraded as new versions are developed/improved.

Last edited:
Rob - with all the options I want and shipping it'll be just under 2 grand.

Mark - like I said, I don't have an ebike now and I'm in the market now so I'm not going to wait.

So anyone looking to pull the trigger on one of the first 100? If so, what configuration?

Last edited:
It's interesting that in the above video the bike appears to have a suspension fork yet the website does not allude to a suspension fork as an option.
I would probably suggest the hydraulic brake option on such a powerful (and heavy) bike, though.

Yep. I thought I noticed the fork. The hydraulic brake option is not shown as a selection. I do see it listed as an option in spec portion of the bike.
Both items might be an option (selection) after the first 100? Oh.... should I wait or just do it???!!!

I notice the Kickstarter portion of the page is no longer shown.

didn't see much use in getting the upgraded sensor. But about the speed charger, it won't cut down the cycles of the battery would it?

didn't see much use in getting the upgraded sensor. But about the speed charger, it won't cut down the cycles of the battery would it?

If you are referring to Torque Sensor it would actually save you battery over the standard cadence sensor and extend your battery life in the end. Cadence sensor measure how fast you are peddling, Torque sensor how hard you are peddling. In the end Torque sensor is smoother and saves you battery and increases your range. It is worth the upgrade if you want more of the normal bike riding experience with the advantages of electric power.

I would definitely get the torque sensor. Cadence sensing is more of an on/off switch feel.

The Cycle Satiator is a highly programable custom charger. It not only offers the ability to charge quicker (or slower) but also lets you charge to a lower voltage to extend the life of the battery.

Yeah I did do my research, Juiced is one of the most reputable ebike companies out there and several of their bikes have been reviewed here on this site? What is your agenda here?

I would definitely get the torque sensor. Cadence sensing is more of an on/off switch feel.

The Cycle Satiator is a highly programable custom charger. It not only offers the ability to charge quicker (or slower) but also lets you charge to a lower voltage to extend the life of the battery.

Sorry I didn't word that specifically enough, I know what it does. It would be more of a 'nice to have' feature for me and not even a $300 more nice to have. Maybe under $100

Yeah, not cheap but the 72V Cycle Satiator works with 12V to 96V systems so it's pretty future proof. Luna sells their advanced 48V 5A charger that charges to 80 or 100% for $99. Just FYI, slower charging is better for battery longevity.

Back