Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Mike, from your name I am going to assume you are "in the business".

I have to disagree with you on some of your points though. I know absolutely NOTHING about juiced bikes, but I will take it on using my rad power Rover as a basis for discussion. I paid $1500 for it, delivered. I guess it would be the equivalent of $1300 stand alone not including shipping?

Yes, it is built to a price.

And yes, I did mod mine, things like putting better/bigger brakes, headlight, etc. I certainly did not have to, it was pretty damn good right out of the box. I got what I was expecting, got needed support from them (shipping damage) immediately when needed. It's not a Sonders. It's not a Strummer (or whatever expensive bike you want to put). It's somewhere in between, just like the price point. I fully expect to put the miles on, I needed a heavier duty bike for my 270lb bike and unpaved roads. Exactly what I needed. It's only a 750 watt geared motor, does what I thought it would, nothing more, nothing less. But for the money a good value, and unless I am wrong the bike being discussed here would play in the same sandbox.

Did anyone happen to catch that last post from 'Mikes E-Bikes' ? When I came back to re-read it and respond to its un-appropriateness, it was gone. I wanted to respond to him by asking if he was 'Mikes E-bikes' in Wisconsin -

This specific forum addresses the bikes from Juiced Riders, and there are many fans of Tora, his company, and his bikes.

His attacks targeting the many manufacturers/suppliers of affordable E-bikes does not belong in this forum.

Did anyone happen to catch that last post from 'Mikes E-Bikes' ?

I got a copy in my e-mail subscription to this thread. It looked like he registered and his first post was a speculative rant about how the Hyper Fat is too good to be true. You can flag posts like that using the "report" button for the moderators to review.

You'll never get ahead in business if your main strategy is baseless bashing. Has a way of catching up with you.

Did anyone happen to catch that last post from 'Mikes E-Bikes' ? When I came back to re-read it and respond to its un-appropriateness, it was gone. I wanted to respond to him by asking if he was 'Mikes E-bikes' in Wisconsin -

This specific forum addresses the bikes from Juiced Riders, and there are many fans of Tora, his company, and his bikes.

His attacks targeting the many manufacturers/suppliers of affordable E-bikes does not belong in this forum.

i read it, it was along the lines where he knew more bout batteries than anyone else and just rambled on more bout pricing in the industry..

Yeah, not cheap but the 72V Cycle Satiator works with 12V to 96V systems so it's pretty future proof. Luna sells their advanced 48V 5A charger that charges to 80 or 100% for $99. Just FYI, slower charging is better for battery longevity.

is that $99 a good deal? I don't know pricing ranges here.

and darn it you still got me thinking about that torque sensor. I was convinced I really didn't need it but I've never ridden a bike with one and after a few reviews...im not sure.

Now I know I should really just let this go, but there is a 'Mikes E-Bikes' website, referencing a store somewhere in Wisconsin. At this point, we dont know that the 'mikes e-bikes' member sign-on is associated with the 'mikes e-bikes' website/store. This site shows 2 different e-bike models for sale. I had not seen those brands before. Maybe might explain the natures of the posts. Again, I have no way to validate if the member who posted is associated with this store - but if not it is sure a coincidence........................

is that $99 a good deal? I don't know pricing ranges here.

and darn it you still got me thinking about that torque sensor. I was convinced I really didn't need it but I've never ridden a bike with one and after a few reviews...im not sure.

Yes, it's a good deal for a charger that gives you the option to charge to 80% or 100% and 3 or 5 amps. You will need one of (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) for it to work with the Hyper Fat battery.

A good torque sensor setup is worth the extra $200. I've ridden cadence sensing bikes before they don't feel as natural. They ride more like scooters than bicycles.

Yes, everyone, let it go, please :). Those posts were removed. Also, I can't tell for certain if this member is associated with that store.

The bike is not fake, it's real and we are working diligently on it. The Hype-Bike project is in response to the desire to have more power, more speed, proper torque sensing, more range in a turn key system that is serviceable and reliable.

There is a ridiculous amount of interest in this bike at the moment, so the pressure is on the team to get er done.

The bike has a totally custom 12 FET 35A controller made specifically for this bike. It has fully proportional torque sensor capability, temperature sensors, FOC Sine wave and field-weakening.

We are at the moment working on the power algorithms/tuning and thermal management. Also hill climbing and things like this so we can understand how much performance we can reliably deliver with this setup.

This is on top of all the other things needed to make this bike a reality not just for 1 or 2 units but for everyone who wants one. So it has to be reliable, serviceable and upgradable and well, actually with source-able parts that we can get in a timely manner.

Stay tuned was we will have many updates as soon as we can type and snap photos/video.

Attachments

• 6ef8cfecd08a256dc87f01d15906ac0e0a8281b1.jpg
    6ef8cfecd08a256dc87f01d15906ac0e0a8281b1.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 611
@Tora Harris = Tora, will the suspension fork be offered as an upgrade option for persons like myself who have already committed to the Founders Addition? Is it looking like the fork be ready with the initial batch of bikes? If it will be, will I be able to upgrade my order so the fork can be professionally installed by Juiced Bikes technicians?

The bike looks great!

Thanks - MarkP

There are not many fat bike forks at the moment. We are trying a few different models to figure out the most suitable one for upgrade. We will soon make an announcement about the cost and availability.

@Tora Harris = Tora, will the suspension fork be offered as an upgrade option for persons like myself who have already committed to the Founders Addition? Is it looking like the fork be ready with the initial batch of bikes? If it will be, will I be able to upgrade my order so the fork can be professionally installed by Juiced Bikes technicians?

The bike looks great!

Thanks - MarkP

Awesome I was waiting to hear the announcement on this. Hoping the suspension offering is reasonably decent in quality and pricing.

I saw the website mention it is rack and fender ready. Will there be rack bosses or does it connect to the seat?

Thanks.

The pre-production bikes don't have the bosses for rack, it will be added.

Awesome I was waiting to hear the announcement on this. Hoping the suspension offering is reasonably decent in quality and pricing.

I saw the website mention it is rack and fender ready. Will there be rack bosses or does it connect to the seat?

After some adjustments to the software (more on this later), we were able to achieve our performance targets set for the project. This bike now runs at about 31 A (48 V) with a fully porportional torque sensor. Here we run the bike on level ground up to top speed using the pedal assist only.

It peaks at over 1,400 W briefly before setteling down once the top speed is reached. Here we measured it at 32mph with the GPS, but we have seen it as high as 34mph on level ground.

This incredible machine is the Porsche Cayenne of production e-bikes. Special thanks to our suppliers who worked with us to make this project a reality.

Back