Post pics of your Stromer here

Wanted a more sporty look on the ST2 added some badging
image.jpg image.jpg

OK, this is not a pic from my Stromer, but in context with the one above.

Zeppelin moored, ready for refueling

upload_2015-7-27_22-52-10.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluecat, that top picture sure is cool. Very nice effect. Sure is a good looking combo.
Your Zeppelin, sure makes our Goodyear Blimp look very plain. Thank you for sharing. Keep looking up! Ken.

Welcoming the ST1 Platinum to the family. Awesome bike after 3 rides.

fnMgHXX.jpg
I love the topeka rail system too- I took an extra seat clamp and used it to clamp the extenders (as there's no bosses in the usual place) My city kit is on the way but I'll probably just use the fender and not the rack. Anyone know if the rear light is removable? I'd like to attach it to the topek rail system.

@Traci You might find some answers to your rack questions here! Good luck! Looks like @Laptop-guy has a sturdy rack on his perhaps it will accommodate Abus Granit X-Plus 540 U lock!?

@Traci You might find some answers to your rack questions here! Good luck! Looks like @Laptop-guy has a sturdy rack on his perhaps it will accommodate Abus Granit X-Plus 540 U lock!?
I got the "Ibera PakRak IB-RA5 Touring Plus Bicycle Carrier" and "Ibera PakRak Bicycle Quick-Release Commuter Trunk Bag" which fits the ST2S like a glove. You do need "Axiom Trekk Seat Collar w/Rack Eyelets, 31.8mm" to attach the rack.. I also skipped the disc brake spacer supplied with the rack and connected it directly with the fender mount screws.
You have to flip the seat post "bars" to just the right position to get it to fit without touching the fender but once done it is solid as a rock.
The trunk bag is HUGE. In the bottom is plenty of room to lay my "Kryptonite New York Standard Bicycle U-Lock" that I covered the U part with "DMI Foam Hand Grip Replacement for Standard Handle Canes" so it has some really great cushion on it when I use it against my frame.
DSC00135.JPG DSC00136.JPG DSC00137.JPG DSC00138.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00140.JPG

I got the "Ibera PakRak IB-RA5 Touring Plus Bicycle Carrier" and "Ibera PakRak Bicycle Quick-Release Commuter Trunk Bag" which fits the ST2S like a glove. You do need "Axiom Trekk Seat Collar w/Rack Eyelets, 31.8mm" to attach the rack.. I also skipped the disc brake spacer supplied with the rack and connected it directly with the fender mount screws.
You have to flip the seat post "bars" to just the right position to get it to fit without touching the fender but once done it is solid as a rock.
The trunk bag is HUGE. In the bottom is plenty of room to lay my "Kryptonite New York Standard Bicycle U-Lock" that I covered the U part with "DMI Foam Hand Grip Replacement for Standard Handle Canes" so it has some really great cushion on it when I use it against my frame.
View attachment 6194 View attachment 6195 View attachment 6196 View attachment 6197 View attachment 6198 View attachment 6199
Great pics laptop guy. How many cane covers did you buy to cover the lock? 1?2? I have the same one New York lock. What a great idea! I have just been scratching my rear fender every time I place and remove the lock around the rear tire/ frame.

Great pics laptop guy. How many cane covers did you buy to cover the lock? 1?2? I have the same one New York lock. What a great idea! I have just been scratching my rear fender every time I place and remove the lock around the rear tire/ frame.
Thanks @goldendorp. I got 2 of them to get full coverage. Each 'grip' is about a 12 inch straight tube. For symmetry I put one on centered around the curve and cut the other in half trimming it to fit on both sides, I butted the trimmed ends against the yellow lock bar.

I had another u-lock that I had used a tube of pipe insulation from the hardware store which is one piece low cost alternative but the cane handle cushion has the exact diameter for the lock bar and the density and feel are so much better. Very heavy duty and meant to be handled all the time so it really seems like it will last forever.
They do take a bit of wiggling to get into place; a tip is to wet the inside of the foam and the metal on the lock with a lot of glass cleaner before slipping it on, then towel dry it when in position. The glass cleaner evaporates better than soap and once dry the foam grips are literally glued in place and will not move at all.

Watch out for sticks Kidrok with those flaps . I've read some horrendous storys , and seen some dramatic pictures of destroyed fenders crumpled against bikes headstock, resulting in rider going over the bars from front wheel locking up.. Having fenders are nice but take extra caution. Just one Stromer rider watching out for another.

Watch out for sticks Kidrok with those flaps . I've read some horrendous storys , and seen some dramatic pictures of destroyed fenders crumpled against bikes headstock, resulting in rider going over the bars from front wheel locking up.. Having fenders are nice but take extra caution. Just one Stromer rider watching out for another.

The fenders themselves actually don't have much clearance...the flaps sit further off the wheel than the fenders do.

Tai

Only had my ST1 for a couple of weeks but am loving it. Not new to electric though- coming from an Evo cross- this thing feels like an elegant tank... and a Ferrari. I fell in love with the Topeka rail system... sadly had o say good bye to that, but managed to salvage the bag with the rack time adapter rails...managed to showhornit on and fill the old holes with boss screws, washers and hot glue!

Attachments

• IMG_7690.jpg
    IMG_7690.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 564
  • IMG_7687.jpg
    IMG_7687.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 532
Thanks for the reply. I need the panniers and love the quick release. I'll lose some style points but gain utility. Beautiful photos by the way. I live in NYC but dream of San Francisco.
I got the racktime adapter rails and drilled some holes- I love my topeak too! I couldn't let it go...

Attachments

• IMG_7689.jpg
    IMG_7689.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_7687.jpg
    IMG_7687.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 526
  • IMG_7690.jpg
    IMG_7690.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Back