Post pics of your Stromer here

Nice gear Munch, I have the same Kuat rack and St2. Pretty cool set-up ! I visited Small Planets other ebike store in the Dallas Arts district a couple of weeks back on my way to Barnetts Bike Institute in C.Springs with my Kuat rack onboard. Most impressive selection of bikes I've seen! They even had the new steps transmission system.

Not just for commuting anymore
So how do you charge on the road when you go camping? I've been looking at solar panels, but seems like way too much $$$ and weight. I'd love to start doing longer road trips! Also- how was the axel / bolt connection for your trailer? I've been looking at the Thule chariots.

Last edited:
Once I took this bad boy on a test drive I had to get her, wanted it in black but in white looks more cleaner, also, for safety purpose white stands out more. I literally didn't want to stop riding the ST2, I was "HOOKED" I never expected to spend so much on a bike but you only live once~ Now time for a bike rack and a few other needed goodies~

Well said. I think an expensive Ebike is only expensive if you don't use it. If you use it and fall in love with riding all over again, or for the first time, you will always feel it money well spent. At least it has for me. And im not monied.

So how do you charge on the road when you go camping? I've been looking at solar panels, but seems like way too much $$$ and weight. I'd love to start doing longer road trips! Also- how was the axel / bolt connection for your trailer? I've been looking at the Thule chariots.
Think of a solar panel as a trickle charger. A slooow trickle charger. Unless you have panels the size of 2 barn doors, panels alone don't output much charge & it takes a long time. Any system, be it for the home, or travel, really has to involve some sort of battery which accepts that trickle charge and then the battery acts as your quick charge unit. Even Elon Musk's Tesla system is nothing more than a big battery coupled with solar PV panels. A multi-day bike tour on an electric bike will most certainly have to involve a 110v plug-in, such as at an RV campground. Or motels. Goal Zero makes some nice units, but you'd almost have to pull a cargo trailer. There is a write up on this site about a woman who charges her e-bike with PV panels on a trailer I think. Just my 2 cents.

Think of a solar panel as a trickle charger. A slooow trickle charger. Unless you have panels the size of 2 barn doors, panels alone don't output much charge & it takes a long time. Any system, be it for the home, or travel, really has to involve some sort of battery which accepts that trickle charge and then the battery acts as your quick charge unit. Even Elon Musk's Tesla system is nothing more than a big battery coupled with solar PV panels. A multi-day bike tour on an electric bike will most certainly have to involve a 110v plug-in, such as at an RV campground. Or motels. Goal Zero makes some nice units, but you'd almost have to pull a cargo trailer. There is a write up on this site about a woman who charges her e-bike with PV panels on a trailer I think. Just my 2 cents.
Great info! I'll look into those. Yeah that's kinda what I thought ^^ Sounds like secondary batteries are the way to go!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.... pictures of your Stromer. Here are some of the accessories I pulled off my old bike and installed on my new ST1, making her my own. A water bottle cage and a rear rack. And a new little rechargeable taillight in there too.

It does not rain much here (Colorado) but it snows then melts quickly oftentimes throughout the winter. So fenders are on the accessories list. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get the fender/light kit from Stromer. Those lights, powered by the battery would be nice. Next up, though, will be a look at handlebars. Any recommendations?

I have the Abus 5700 - cheapest and lightest. It is long enough to get frame and wheel, or wheel or frame to a narrow post.
Easy to deploy, and unlock (as long as you orient the keyway to be accessible when locking). The Arbus is difficult to use bolt cutters on. Watched vids. No lock, including $200+ VERY heavy locks will last under attack from a cordless angle grinder with zip blade. Vids show a cheap Riobi in the demos. I have a Makita 18v brushless with 5AHr battery. No lock I can't zip though in seconds, but has lots of juice to outlast anything that puts up a challenge. Not I've tried locks - but 3"x1/4 steel flatbar takes literally seconds (ie less than a minute)
Other than resistance to cutters (and its only resistance ... they can with difficulty attack the rivets) - the water bottle mount was the closer.

Last edited:
My ST2 S with several aftermarket mods....

* Brooks Cambium seat 19 - that pretty Fizik seat was a torture rack
* Mirricycle mirror - so you can see who is going to take you out
* BodyFloat Seat Post Suspension - gotta have it
* Trek Bontrager "BackRack Lightweight" luggage rack and quick-disconnect Interchange bag.
* Spurcycle Bicycle Bell - way better than that cheap plastic one Stromer gives you
* DiNotte 400 series tail light. Expensive, yes - but so is a hospital stay.
* Blackburn air pump and Abus folding bike lock
* Ergon GP3 grips
* RokForm iPhone 6 handlebar mount

- Duane

My ST2 S with several aftermarket mods....

* Brooks Cambium seat 19 - that pretty Fizik seat was a torture rack
* Mirricycle mirror - so you can see who is going to take you out
* BodyFloat Seat Post Suspension - gotta have it
* Trek Bontrager "BackRack Lightweight" luggage rack and quick-disconnect Interchange bag.
* Spurcycle Bicycle Bell - way better than that cheap plastic one Stromer gives you
* DiNotte 400 series tail light. Expensive, yes - but so is a hospital stay.
* Blackburn air pump and Abus folding bike lock
* Ergon GP3 grips
* RokForm iPhone 6 handlebar mount

- Duane

Excellent additions!
For 2017, the are bringing the conventional ST2 rack on the ST2-S (the one with the racktime system).
With M99 pro in the front and DiNotte 400's in the back, that thing can light up the whole W&OD trail at night....

Making her my own. Serfas Rx split seat, Suntour NCX seat post. Cushy.
image.jpeg

There's a new plastic fender in there. And I lost the cap on the top of the suspension fork, less than two weeks old! Lovin' it though.
image.jpeg

Back