Poll : Which color did you choose ?

Which color did you choose for your RadRover?

• White

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Black

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Both :)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
I ended up with the white bike, I like that it has a little more variation in overall color vs the black bike. it was a tough choice!

Planning any bike mods or part swaps Eric?

I'm seriously contemplating replacing the fork (you don't need a shock on a fat bike...really anyway), and also drilling the rims to remove another pound. Definitely swapping the tubes and the freewheel cassette as well!

I'm thinking about asking for a second battery again if they will honor that $400 campaign price.

I went for the black, I liked the satin finish.
I live in the UK where it rains quite a lot, so I think my first mod will be to add mud guards.
I also will probably get an extra battery, but buy it from a UK supplier since the shipping costs from USA will be pretty high. I live on a steep hill and the last thing I want is for the battery to run out just before I get to the hard part of my journey home. The battery looks like the same battery on many other electric bikes, so I'm hoping it's a standard battery and I just have to find one with the same voltage specifications.

Flux, have you asked about shipping for the second battery? My thought is that since they are already shipping you one, the cost may only be for the added weight and not a significant amount more as they are already paying the necessary hazard costs.

Planning any bike mods or part swaps Eric?

I'm seriously contemplating replacing the fork (you don't need a shock on a fat bike...really anyway), and also drilling the rims to remove another pound. Definitely swapping the tubes and the freewheel cassette as well!

I'm thinking about asking for a second battery again if they will honor that $400 campaign price.
My first add on will be a gps tracking anti theft device !! Living in Montreal which has a reputation for being the Mecca of bikes thieves, I will put all the chances on my side ;)
I will also consider adding fenders, dunno which ones yet though.
Faster charger and additional battery will be next on the list :)

Flux, have you asked about shipping for the second battery? My thought is that since they are already shipping you one, the cost may only be for the added weight and not a significant amount more as they are already paying the necessary hazard costs.
I did think about adding one to my order, but I thought I'd wait to see if I need to get one first. This my first e-bike, so its difficult for me to judge at the moment whether or not I'll need one. I don't mind if it costs me a bit extra. Thanks for your suggestion, as an e-bike noob they are always welcome :)

Your welcome! If you answer a couple questions we might be able to figure out whether one battery would be enough! What is your area like, generally Gilly or flat? How far do you want to travel? Will you pedal or use throttle mostly? What speed do you think you'll ride at? What is your (approximate!) Weight?

The extra battery is such a good price unless we figure you are highly unlikely to use it, you should still try to jump on one. Shipping a battery on its own, especially internationally (granted they are using a fairly common mount that can possibly be sourced locally or at least regionally) can cost well over a hundred dollars on its own.

Your welcome! If you answer a couple questions we might be able to figure out whether one battery would be enough! What is your area like, generally Gilly or flat? How far do you want to travel? Will you pedal or use throttle mostly? What speed do you think you'll ride at? What is your (approximate!) Weight?

The extra battery is such a good price unless we figure you are highly unlikely to use it, you should still try to jump on one. Shipping a battery on its own, especially internationally (granted they are using a fairly common mount that can possibly be sourced locally or at least regionally) can cost well over a hundred dollars on its own.
The city that I live in is very hilly. The steepest road I use rises about 300 foot in just over half a mile.
The bike will mainly be used for my commute to work. I live on a hill and I work at the bottom of it roughly a mile away, so I'll only be using the motor for my journey up the hill back home. Any journeys that are longer will probably be visits to friends, where I'm sure they won't mind me charging up the battery for the journey home.
This is my first bike for a few years, so I expect to be using the throttle a lot until I get my fitness back up.
I've no idea how much I weigh... 90 to 100kg... I think.... maybeo_O
Another thing to factor into the cost of a battery (for me) is the import duty which I think is about 20%. I've just done a quick search for the price of a battery in the UK (around £300 and £20 delivery), so it looks like there isn't that much difference in the price when you take the overall costs into consideration.

By the sounds of it I think one battery will likely serve your needs then! a 48v 11.5ah battery is pretty big, larger than most retail bikes, as long as you pedal along with it (even lightly) it can greatly increase the range of the bike as well.

Honestly I'm already thinking about plasti dipping my frame...have a can of neon blue in the garage!

Back