Pedego Trail Tracker vs Voltbike Yukon 500W Limited

IslandHopper

Trying to decide between the Trail Tracker and the Yukon 500. They both appear to have the same concept - 500 W motor, 4" wide tires, rigid frame. The Trail Tracker looks more attractive and solidly built. It's battery is incorporated into the downtube, so it is more sleek looking.

Big difference that I can see between the two of them is an over $2000 discrepancy in price. The Trail Tracker comes in at $4200 Canadian, while the Yukon Ltd (with fenders and rear light) is close to $1800 Cdn, with shipping.

I have test ridden the Trail Tracker, and it seems fine to me. However, that was only on city streets, and no inclines worth mentioning.

I'm not sure I could even get a test ride on a Yukon. The nearest dealer is pretty far away. So, if I do buy it, it will be more to do with reviews and so forth.

If it makes difference, I'm around 240 lbs, and have a 30" inseam. I should also note that whatever bike I end up with is going to be ridden up some fairly steep slopes, both in town and on the trails.

What say you, honourable people?

Have you considered the newer Yukon 750? It also has the battery incorporated into the down tube, and it uses the newer BaFang G06 750W motor. It has one of the best standover clearance. My has shipped, but haven't received it yet. It is similarly priced, and shipping is pretty low.

Have you considered the newer Yukon 750? It also has the battery incorporated into the down tube, and it uses the newer BaFang G06 750W motor. It has one of the best standover clearance. My has shipped, but haven't received it yet. It is similarly priced, and shipping is pretty low.

I would happily buy one, but the 750 W motor puts it into the class of motor vehicle here in BC, Canada. That means I would have to license and insure it, which seems like too much hassle to me. Thank you for the suggestion - it looks pretty nice. And it has a suspension fork, for not too much extra money. Let me know how you like yours, eh?

Being that it is still limited to the same speeds it would be highly unlikely for an officer to impound your bike to determine its wattage.

@SuperGoop, does your bike have '500w' displayed anywhere on it?

I would happily buy one, but the 750 W motor puts it into the class of motor vehicle here in BC, Canada. That means I would have to license and insure it, which seems like too much hassle to me. Thank you for the suggestion - it looks pretty nice. And it has a suspension fork, for not too much extra money. Let me know how you like yours, eh?
There is a Canadian compliant sticker on my Yukon 750:
in4f3p.jpg

Being that it is still limited to the same speeds it would be highly unlikely for an officer to impound your bike to determine its wattage.

@SuperGoop, does your bike have '500w' displayed anywhere on it?
Yes, my Yukon 750 is limited to 32 km/h with throttle only. With pedalling, I can go much faster.

Also, there is no wattage indicated anywhere on the bike, 500W or 750W. George from Voltbike did reply that it is a 750W motor, peaking at 850W. However since I have the Canadian compliant sticker, I think I'm fine. I assume the controller keeps it compliant.

Last edited:
We've heard from one customer here on Vancouver Island that was stopped by the RCMP to ask if his bike stopped providing assistance after 30 km/h. He politely explained that the his Bosch eBike stopped assisting at 32 km /h as per the law, and that ended the conversation. I was surprised to hear that they were actually stopping and asking (albeit with the wrong info), so that sticker might come in handy at some point!

Have you considered the Surface604 Boar? I've really enjoyed riding it and they've put some good quality components on it. However, if you have serious hills like we do here in Ladysmith, then you might even consider a bike with a Bosch CX mid-drive (such as the Bulls Monster E S.) I have both bikes right now and in my experience on the hills here, the Bosch CX has far more torque for climbing hills than the Bafang rear hub motors.

Back