Pedego Pricing?

RealDeal

I'm considering buying a Pedego Stretch but it seems like the prices are all the same no matter where I look. Does Pedego control their pricing at all of the dealers? What's the best way to get a good deal?

Thanks,
Dave

You can't make blanket statements like that anymore. The newest generation of hub motors are hugely more powerful (Falco says their new DIRECT DRIVE hub motor will haul 500lbs) And both my hub motor bikes are significantly faster even up hills than my Bosch mid drive.

You can't make blanket statements like that anymore. The newest generation of hub motors are hugely more powerful (Falco says their new DIRECT DRIVE hub motor will haul 500lbs) And both my hub motor bikes are significantly faster even up hills than my Bosch mid drive.

You're right if the OP wants to build a bike. That yuba will would crush an off the shelf pedego like the one referenced in the original post any day of the week though.

Dave, some manufacturers do have a MAP or Minimum Advertised Price, that must be used for any online pricing to keep the market fair and encourage buyers to invest at a local bike shop. Inside the store, may be a different matter. Honestly, you should test ride several stretch ebikes before locking in on a purchase since online reviews only give part of the picture and manufacturer's specs are just that - data. From the standpoint of a cargo bike with or without a motor, Yuba has been in the business for a long time making this type of bike, Pedego has not. Just something to think about....And for any purchase where you want best pricing, look at buying a demo unit, a former rental bike or year end closeouts. Since this is Pedego's first season for the Stretch, it may be the fall before prices fall :).

Thanks Ann! The main reason I'm looking at the Stretch is because I'm 6'4" tall with long legs. I rode the Interceptor and it was ok but then I rode the Stretch and the Stretch felt much more stable at high speed. It would be nice to take the kids on a ride on the back, but first I want to find something that will fit a tall rider.

Any idea if the Stretch or Yuba will fit a tall rider better?

Thanks,
Dave

@RealDeal , Dave they should both fit a moderately tall rider well; however, I think Yuba's elMundo V5 with the BionX motor system is built with a bigger frame than either the Pedego Stretch or the Yuba Spicy Curry. Our shop has done a couple of repairs on the elMundo and it's a big bike with more space to adjust seatpost height along with a longer top tube which most likely would be more comfortable. Yes, it's a little more $$; however, the BionX systems are rock solid with lots of torque to help push that big bike.

Back