PEDEGO PRESS RELEASE: Pedego Electric Bikes Lauds Top Dealers Across the Country

Awards announced at Annual Pedego Dealer Meeting in December

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 14, 2016 — Pedego® Electric Bikes, the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, is known for its customer service and quality products. Each year, the company recognizes the Pedego Electric Bikes dealers across the United States who have distinguished themselves in customer experience, store design, sales and/or successful community outreach.

The nation’s Top 10 Pedego dealers for 2016 are listed below. The Number 1 dealer also receives recognition as Pedego’s “Dealer of the Year” — an honor bestowed only to the best-of-the-best Pedego dealers. This year, that honor went to Pedego Irvine, co-owned by Bob Bibee, a former engineer whose skills and talents enable him to create amazing electric bike customizations for his customers.

1. Pedego Irvine, owners Bob and Yolanda Bibee

2. Practical Cycle, owner Tim Castleman

3. Pedego La Quinta, owners Bryan and Michelle Newman

4. Pedego Carlsbad, owners Denise Buckingham and John Orndorff

5. Pedego Denver, owners Terry and Jean Gehrke

6. Pedego Scottsdale, owners Bill and Kathy Puryear

7. Pedego Huntington Beach, owner Tom Bock

8. Pedego Corona del Mar, owners Lori and Joe Carter and Hal Pisors

9. Pedego Breckenridge, owners Liz LaBelle and Paul Mutch

10. Pedego Henderson, owner Howard Ickes

Also awarded was “Most Valuable Dealer” for successful community outreach. This year’s winner was Pedego Myrtle Beach, owned by Retired USAF Colonel Aaron Maynard. The entire Maynard family has stepped up to make Pedego Myrtle Beach an outstanding store with a name recognized across the United States. Their social media marketing with cool, colorful bike and location pictures provides a model for other dealers.

With Pedego’s fast-paced growth, it also recognizes newcomers. Pedego awarded “Rookie of the Year” to Pedego Spring Lake, owned by father-son team Gil and Adam Levine. The Pedego Spring Lake team distinguished themselves by creating a Pedego store that has already shown huge success with its colorful, welcoming space. Pedego Spring Lake opened in March 2016.

“We’re truly proud of all our dealers," said Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder Don DiCostanzo. “It’s amazing to see the special talents of our top dealers and how they build increased community awareness. These special dealers find so many unique ways to help more people fall in love with Pedego electric bikes. We’re very grateful for their hard work and creativity.”

About Pedego

Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Pedego manufactures 10 high-quality, innovative models, including cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Sold at more than 90 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego’s stylish “pedal or not” electric bikes boast powerful, whisper-quiet motors that let riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds with a smile. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego electric bikes deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”

PR CONTACT:

Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
714-801-1687
[email protected]

Pedego Platinum Interceptor photo low res.jpg
Here's a photo of the new Pedego Platinum Interceptor. So sleek!

Hi @PedegoElectricBikes , I have a few questions and concerns about the Pedego Interceptor Platinum Edition to ask if you don't mind:

1. Is it possible to add fenders to the Platinum Edition? If so, do you recommend any in particular?
  2. What is the make and model of the hydraulic brake system?
  3. Any uncomfortable suspension seat post bounciness when riding over uneven surfaces?
  4. What are the differences between the 2015 Interceptor and the Platinum Edition handlebars?
  5. Equipped with Panasonic or Samsung lithium-ion battery cells?
Specifications on the website could use a tune-up. Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Cheers,
Christopher

Last edited:
Hi @PedegoElectricBikes , I have a few questions and concerns about the Pedego Interceptor Platinum Edition to ask if you don't mind:

1. Is it possible to add fenders to the Platinum Edition? If so, do you recommend any in particular?
  2. What is the make and model of the hydraulic brake system?
  3. Any uncomfortable suspension seat post bounciness when riding over uneven surfaces?
  4. What are the differences between the 2015 Interceptor and the Platinum Edition handlebars?
  5. Equipped with Panasonic or Samsung lithium-ion battery cells?
Specifications on the website could use a tune-up. Thanks for the info and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Cheers,
Christopher
I hope Pedego HQ gets back to you with more accurate answers, but I'll answer as best I can. I don't have a Platinum in the store right now, and I don't have a detailed spec sheet handy, so I'm going from memory.

1. Adding fenders is possible. The rear can use the standard Pedego fender, but the front will need something aftermarket. I'm not sure what works and what doesn't yet with this suspension fork, but I'm sure something will fit.

2. I don't recall which hydraulic brakes were used, but it's most likely the same as with the Ridge Rider, which are Magura. Not sure which model, but the Ridge Rider levers are marked MTE Carbotecture.

3. The suspension post is the same as on other Pedegos. I don't find them uncomfortably bouncy, but my wife put a BodyFloat post on her personal bike to smooth out the ride. The tension on both types is adjustable.

4. I'm not sure whether the bars are different, but bars are easily switched, and we do it often. The standard Interceptor Classic bars are a little wider than on the Step-Thru, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same were true for the Platinum.

5. Pedego is in the process of switching from Samsung cells to Panasonic. Since the Platinum is a new model, I would guess it has the Panasonics, but I don't recall for sure.

Hope this helps!

I hope Pedego HQ gets back to you with more accurate answers, but I'll answer as best I can. I don't have a Platinum in the store right now, and I don't have a detailed spec sheet handy, so I'm going from memory.

1. Adding fenders is possible. The rear can use the standard Pedego fender, but the front will need something aftermarket. I'm not sure what works and what doesn't yet with this suspension fork, but I'm sure something will fit.

2. I don't recall which hydraulic brakes were used, but it's most likely the same as with the Ridge Rider, which are Magura. Not sure which model, but the Ridge Rider levers are marked MTE Carbotecture.

3. The suspension post is the same as on other Pedegos. I don't find them uncomfortably bouncy, but my wife put a BodyFloat post on her personal bike to smooth out the ride. The tension on both types is adjustable.

4. I'm not sure whether the bars are different, but bars are easily switched, and we do it often. The standard Interceptor Classic bars are a little wider than on the Step-Thru, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same were true for the Platinum.

5. Pedego is in the process of switching from Samsung cells to Panasonic. Since the Platinum is a new model, I would guess it has the Panasonics, but I don't recall for sure.

Hope this helps!
Helpful indeed, you're awesome @JohnT! Thank you very much for offering educated guess responses to the questions. The best responses I've received in weeks! :)

Wow, considering you're a SoCal Pedego dealer and the Platinum has been on the market for over a month now, its a bit surprising to hear that you haven't received a Platinum for display and test rides at your store yet? Hmm.. as I mentioned in another thread, Pedego should name it the "Stealth Edition," instead of the "Platinum Edition." :D

1.) Excellent, I absolutely love the look without the fenders, but fenders would be nice to keep clean and/or dry when riding in all weather conditions. Also, would help cut down on cleaning and/or maintaining the ebike.

2.) Great observation John! I'm curious to know because these days many ebike manufacturers boast on offering hydraulic brakes, yet as you know there are some very cheap hydraulic brakes out there. Not to say Pedego has ever been known to use cheap parts, but it would be nice of them to inform consumers of the make and model chosen for a new feature.

3.) Yes, and I've read a new addition to the Platinum Edition is a suspension seat post. But, I like the idea of swapping out to a BodyFloat or Thudbuster (as @Court mentions often on EBR videos) if Pedego's suspension seat post is uncomfortably bouncy.

4.) It's my understanding the Platinum has a new handle bar style that are about the same size as the previous Interceptor, but have a different design. I'm curious to know what is the new and improved design of the handlebars?

5.) Yes, its my understanding the 48V/10a is Samsung and the 48V/15a is Panasonic, as Pedego transitions into completely Panasonic lithium-ion battery cells. But, just like you, instead of us guessing it would be nice to have confirmation from @PedegoElectricBikes and/or an Electric Bike Review "for a full writeup and specs back at the site." :D

Thanks again for the response, John. I hope you get your hands on a Platinum soon! ;)

Cheers,
Christopher

Back