Pedal assist on XP Lite working correctly?

It's just kind of abrupt to have it kick in full power then kick off. I'll get used to it but it seems a bit abusive to the poor motor that is getting turned on and off but I guess Lectric knows what they're doing. I emailed them so maybe there's at least a way to tone the max power down a little. On my RadCity I rarely go over 500 watts (PA 4) so on this little thing 500 watts would be plenty for me. This thing was showing 16 amps and even at 50 volts that's 800 watts. It pushes that little bike pretty hard. I couldn't imagine those people who ride 1500 and 2000 watt bikes 🤣
Can one use the throttle a little to smooth out the abruptness a bit?

Can one use the throttle a little to smooth out the abruptness a bit?
You probably could use the throttle because it seemed to be able to vary the power. I never really use throttle but I'm going to try tonight to see how it goes. I will let you know

I just got off the phone with Lectric. Their customer service is really good. I got the "Press 1 for..." and I'm thinking oh great this is going to be a long wait with some terrible hold music. Nope like a minute later a real person answered the phone!

He said it was just how the bike is and there's not way to vary or reduce the power. The pedal assist levels are based on speed so it's full power assist up to whatever speed that pedal assist number is assigned to. At least I know now that it's working as intended.

I should have asked if all Lectric bikes are that way but I forgot to. I suspect it's not all because the XP Lite has a different motor and controller setup than other Lectric bikes. I'm thinking it was a cost saving measure and I'm okay with that because it's a great bike to get around town.

I should have asked if all Lectric bikes are that way but I forgot to. I suspect it's not all because the XP Lite has a different motor and controller setup than other Lectric bikes. I'm thinking it was a cost saving measure and I'm okay with that because it's a great bike to get around town.
I have an XP 2.0 and If I’m understanding your explanation correctly, I believe the 2.0 PAS works the same way. When I’m in PAS2, it keeps me at about 12 mph while pedaling. If I pedal faster than 12 mph it cuts off. This is my first ebike and I’ve only had it a couple weeks so I’m still in learning mode.

I just got off the phone with Lectric. Their customer service is really good. I got the "Press 1 for..." and I'm thinking oh great this is going to be a long wait with some terrible hold music. Nope like a minute later a real person answered the phone!

He said it was just how the bike is and there's not way to vary or reduce the power. The pedal assist levels are based on speed so it's full power assist up to whatever speed that pedal assist number is assigned to. At least I know now that it's working as intended.

I've since moved on from my XP1... and with that I have gone from a PAS system based on SPEED...to one based on POWER, and I must say with a power based PAS system, wow what a difference. You get to set the power levels to whatever you want for each PAS level (as apposed to a speed based PAS system which gives you no way to set anything...the speed is what it is). When I had my XP1, I didn't know anything else and it served me well as my first eBike.

I've since moved on from my XP1... and with that I have gone from a PAS system based on SPEED...to one based on POWER, and I must say with a power based PAS system, wow what a difference. You get to set the power levels to whatever you want for each PAS level (as apposed to a speed based PAS system which gives you no way to set anything...the speed is what it is). When I had my XP1, I didn't know anything else and it served me well as my first eBike.
What bike did you get? How do you know if you're shopping for an e-bike what type is has because I've never seen it mentioned in specs. I've never even seen it mentioned in a review video and I've watched more than I can count.

I think it's an okay system if you're just looking for a bike as transportation. If you're looking for exercise or more efficiency it's not so great.

Back