Part for Allant 8s

benjamintiger12

Hey guys,

does anyone have a clue where I could order this part? It has something to do with the front axel I believe. Wheel is very wobbly and not safe to ride without!

I’m so sorry
ECDDCA27-DD35-4168-A6BC-FDD23AAF248D.jpeg
A80B5A53-38EF-4981-8E68-B614C27E7D62.jpeg

My best guess is to call your Trek dealer and tell them they messed up when they put it together. They may have some in their parts bin or they may need to order one from Trek. I sure wouldn’t ride it as it looks like the wheel already came off once already. It also looks like the inner threads are damaged...maybe even cross-threaded.
62F15AE3-5DF5-49F8-AD60-570019DE2C9C.jpeg

Last edited:
My best guess is to call your Trek dealer and tell them they messed up when they put it together. They may have some in their parts bin or they may need to order one from Trek. I sure wouldn’t ride it as it looks like the wheel already came off once already. It also looks like the inner threads are damaged...maybe even cross-threaded.View attachment 73295
Oh yikes, yeah I’ll contact them and hopefully they do. I’ll be riding my other one in the mean time. I guess if it comes down to it I might have to get a new fork :(

Oh yikes, yeah I’ll contact them and hopefully they do. I’ll be riding my other one in the mean time. I guess if it comes down to it I might have to get a new fork :(
I would imagine they can just clean the threads vs a whole new fork. Did you ever remove that wheel? Those nuts need to be pretty snug and, hopefully, torqued properly.

Nope! I fell on bike a couple times however.
How did it come loose from you falling off the bike?

Did you crash?

Did you remove the wheel yourself and re-installed the nut and cross threaded it?
Because the threading inside seems damaged too not sure how that would happen in a crash but maybe you can elaborate how you fell off the bike?

No offense but sounds like we’re not hearing the whole story here.

In any case don’t ride it until you get the bolt replaced and installed professionally as it’s not safe to ride in that condition.

Last edited:

Did you crash?

Did you remove the wheel yourself and re-installed the nut and cross threaded it?
Because the threading inside seems damaged too not sure how that would happen in a crash but maybe you can elaborate how you fell off the bike?

In any case don’t ride it until you get the bolt replaced and installed professionally as it’s not safe to ride in that condition.
I wasn’t gonna pursue that line of questioning, but...

Did you crash?

I wasn’t gonna pursue that line of questioning, but..
Never removed the wheel before! If you knew me you would understand. I didn’t even know what the part missing was called. We have changed the back wheel however to add a ball mount for a burley trailer. But never have I touched the front wheel. I slid in the rain once on uneven ground and fell to one side of the bike. I’m not sure either how that might have caused the cross threading though.

Oh I’m so dumb just reread. For me falling off is the same as crashing. I was phrasing it wrong sorry.

Last edited:
Never removed the wheel before! If you knew me you would understand. I didn’t even know what the part missing was called. We have changed the back wheel however to add a ball mount for a burley trailer. But never have I touched the front wheel. I slid in the rain once on uneven ground and fell to one side of the bike. I’m not sure either how that might have caused the cross threading though.

Oh I’m so dumb just reread. For me falling off is the same as crashing. I was phrasing it wrong sorry.
As I said before, I wonder if the shop who assembled your +8s messed up as that nut shouldn’t have come off if it was assembled correctly.

Is it possible someone was trying to steal the wheel and that happened? I have no clue
As I said before, I wonder if the shop who assembled your +8s messed up as that nut shouldn’t have come off if it was assembled correctly
As I said before, I wonder if the shop who assembled your +8s messed up as that nut shouldn’t have come off if it was assembled correctly.
Certainly a possibility. I’m definitely willing to take responsibility but does seem like a weird thing to happen from just a crash. I will let you guys know as soon as I have more information tomorrow. I’m going to take the bike by the shop and see what they can do

I would definitely recommend that you not ride it in that state until you get the nut replaced. If the thru-axle pops out, it could end badly.

Like Dallant said it’s then the shop that messed up. Shouldn’t have come off from a minor crash.

Great news. It probably was not torqued down to the correct tightness. I believe the correct torque value is on the left side of the through axle where the hex wrench is inserted. The torque value is written on it at 10nM

Next step is to find an auto touch up paint kit in as close a color as you can and touch up the paint that got scratched in the crash. If you want to get really particular a little canister of clearcoat touch up over the top and it all disappears.

So it was an easy fix. It actually wasn’t missing a nut it just needed to be tighten on one side. How that happened? I have no idea. Bike is great again!
Remembering this thread I checked my bike this afternoon. I have an allant8s also same bike as you. You’re definitely missing a part in there. Have no idea what happened whether it’s from your crash, theft attempt ( do you lock your bike from the front wheel? ) or a failed self service attempt but in any case I think that you’re bike is still unsafe to ride atm. Compare my photos I took of both sides of front fork and you can see that you are missing a grommet/washer.
34B80505-1DF6-4766-B95F-7E0D6B97E7A8.jpeg
65E9C167-6BDB-4158-9AAA-87B8C6BCF4EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Remembering this thread I checked my bike this afternoon. I have an allant8s also same bike as you. You’re definitely missing a part in there. Have no idea what happened whether it’s from your crash, theft attempt ( do you lock your bike from the front wheel? ) or a failed self service attempt but in any case I think that you’re bike is still unsafe to ride atm. Compare my photos I took of both sides of front fork and you can see that you are missing a grommet/washer.
View attachment 73471View attachment 73472
I think what you are seeing as a grommet or washer is in fact a rim cast in as part of a one piece thru bolt head. I assume you are talking about the left or brake side of the thru bolt. You can see that outer rim very clearly in the first photo by the OP. There is no washer that I can identify on the right side. If I am missing something, please explain.

Back