Pannier for Vado

Let them serve well! I'm using the Bike-Packed with Inserts on any of my long rides, sometimes two of them. (The other pannier is filled in with the Ortlieb Ultimate Camera insert if I want to take the DSLR camera with me). One remark: After each couple of hundred of miles, tighten the screws for the hooks' mounts (the ones that hold the thing to the fabric). These can loosen because of road vibrations.

Hi all.
Sorry to revive an old thread - I have been reading this with interest, and thought better to keep all discussion in one resource rather than make a new thread.
I'm looking to buy something for my 2020 Vado 4.0 so I can carry a spotting scope, my idea being to the scope in a pannier - maybe some other bits and pieces on a pannier on the other side - and strap the tripod on top of the rack.
I'd ideally like to keep an pannier 'universal' so I can use on other bikes, and the Ortlieb panniers shown here look very good.
Do people think Ortlieb would work for this? The scope is about 2kg, and size is just under 40cm.
Hopefully good for birdwatching around my home :)

I think Ortlieb Bike-Packer could do but can make measurements of different Ortlieb panniers on the coming Monday only. OK for you?

Many thanks Stefan, that would be really great. The scope itself is only 10cm wide, so ideally looking for panniers which are as slim as I can get away with, to minimise the added drag and bulk I would put on the bike. So finding a pannier that would snugly accept such a scope would be great :) That 10cm already includes the protective cover for the scope, so it is already protected from knocks.

Thanks Extreme1, great to know those fit well, and that you're happy with them. Hopefully I can narrow down the most suitable for me and the scope.

@Senninha, some battery of mine is of the size of your scope so I only hope I wouldn't forget making the measurement. Will you send me a reminder to private message on Monday?

Here's my 2020 Vado 5.0 with both the Racktime trunk bag and panniers, both work great! You can mount them together too, remove the 4 bolts from both bags and mount the top bag to the top of the pannier set.
Thanks Brandon for this tip. I needed more space on a recent ride so I was able to mount the Racktime Talis bag on the Vida panniers as you described. Worked well.
I am leaving it as is for now. 👌👍🙏

Attachments

• FB534D27-B5E0-4E53-A66A-A61C06DFB586.jpeg
    FB534D27-B5E0-4E53-A66A-A61C06DFB586.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Here's my 2020 Vado 5.0 with both the Racktime trunk bag and panniers, both work great! You can mount them together too, remove the 4 bolts from both bags and mount the top bag to the top of the pannier set.

Attachments

• FF56FB8B-2F51-49FB-90D8-56C5C59CDBCA.jpeg
    FF56FB8B-2F51-49FB-90D8-56C5C59CDBCA.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 133
I would like to find a set of Racktime Mia panniers in gray for my Vado so I could use it for trips to the grocery store. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be sold out of the Mia panniers, so that idea is on hold for a while.

Back