Pace 500 battery hard to remove

timhickman

Region
USA
We have 2 Pace 500 step thru bikes. The battery is very hard to remove on both. I have to turn the key while smacking the side of the battery to get it started to come out. I take the batteries off to lower the weight to lift the bikes onto my Yakima HoldUp rack.
Any ideas to make the removal easier?

I had a similar issue with my Pace 500 and another post suggested dielectric grease which the guy at Autozone gave me a packet for free, had it on there a couple weeks and can get the battery out one handed without any real pressure at all, worked like a charm!

As suggested above, silicone grease might help. I use this product:

It's food grade so it cost a bit more. That way, I use it around the house for faucet repairs and other domestic water appliances. It works very well on my power tool batteries to make them easier to remove.

I had a similar issue with my Pace 500 and another post suggested dielectric grease which the guy at Autozone gave me a packet for free, had it on there a couple weeks and can get the battery out one handed without any real pressure at all, worked like a charm!
I have the same problem. Aventon told me to do what I was doing, smacking it on the side until it dislodged some. Tech support suggested using dielectric grease to prevent contact corrosion, but said nothing about making it easier to remove. I'd like to try the grease option. Could you reply how much grease you applied and where? No doubt I'll find that helpful.

I have the same problem. Aventon told me to do what I was doing, smacking it on the side until it dislodged some. Tech support suggested using dielectric grease to prevent contact corrosion, but said nothing about making it easier to remove. I'd like to try the grease option. Could you reply how much grease you applied and where? No doubt I'll find that helpful.
I put a very small drop to coat the connectors and inserted the battery, I wiped off the excess that came out with a q tip so a very small amount when all said and done. It’s been over a month now and it comes out super super easy compared to before i was wrestling it

Thank you for replying and for the instructions. I'll try it.
I put a very small drop to coat the connectors and inserted the battery, I wiped off the excess that came out with a q tip so a very small amount when all said and done. It’s been over a month now and it comes out super super easy compared to before i was wrestling it
I followed your instructions. Battery removing is much easier now. Thanks for the good advice.

I use my thumb to hold the key in the down position and grab hold of the lever with my other fingers while I smack it on the opposite side with my other hand. Works like a charm every time. Bike mechanic at Aventon dealer where I purchased the bike showed me how this was done as I was having a hard time getting the battery off. It’s actually a good thing that it’s tight and makes a solid connection. I suppose some people may have other issues, but this method is tried and true.

Back