Ortlieb Panniers on Supercharger Rack

Damn, i just ordered a Racktime adapter! Has anyone tried a Racktime trunk on the Supercharger?

I have two Vaude trunk bags that came built with the Racktime adaptor. Well I guess one trunk bag because I gave one away. They fit fine (were ordered from Europe). And I just ordered and received some Racktime panniers (from Bike24 Germany) that fit very well. My bike is the Charger GX but I assume its the same rack. I'm also assuming that from the fit of the Racktime panniers that their locking trunk box would also be a quality item that fits well.

Some pics of the Racktime panniers on the Charger GX are here:

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...r-gx-hs-rohloff-chronicles.24062/#post-153931

My blue Supercharger with the red panniers gives a horrible color combination. Looks like something that a clown would ride.

Damm, have a blue supercharger coming in 3 weeks and came here to check what panniers work.
Since I saw at least one other with red panniers I thought the combo was acceptable.

A different shade of blue sure isn’t esthetically better ! So need to keep on searching. I’m not great in color combos.

Damm, have a blue supercharger coming in 3 weeks and came here to check what panniers work.
Since I saw at least one other with red panniers I thought the combo was acceptable.

A different shade of blue sure isn’t esthetically better ! So need to keep on searching. I’m not great in color combos.

Some manufacturers will do custom color choices for your bike bags.

One reason I am not an Ortlieb fan is that I've noticed that the plastic mounting "hardware" tends to fail spectacularly when you are carrying heavy or riding on a bumpy road. I've ran into many members of the Ortlieb tribe who have resorted to cable ties, duct tape, &c in order to keep on riding.

LOL if You think it's OK, go for it. For me, it's an eye soaring combination.
But hey, I'm not the one suffering, they are not in the field of vision while looking over the handlebar ;)

The grey Supercharger would have been a more neutral choice and easier to match anything to. But I thought it would look dull.

For a blue bicycle I think white, black, grey, blue, purple would look okay.

Where I live visibility is important. Yellow is visible but makes it look like an Ikea Bike. Red is the next best thing. Will see

Agreed, I'm cycling in a lot of traffic and wear a high-viz jacket, my helmet is not black as most seem to be but bright orange. Still I'd prefer another combination than red-on-blue. The curry yellow bike had been a lot easier to combine with visible color panniers like red or yellow. Ah well..

I have two Vaude trunk bags that came built with the Racktime adaptor. Well I guess one trunk bag because I gave one away. They fit fine (were ordered from Europe). And I just ordered and received some Racktime panniers (from Bike24 Germany) that fit very well. My bike is the Charger GX but I assume its the same rack. I'm also assuming that from the fit of the Racktime panniers that their locking trunk box would also be a quality item that fits well.

Some pics of the Racktime panniers on the Charger GX are here:

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...r-gx-hs-rohloff-chronicles.24062/#post-153931
The rack on the Supercharger is indeed HIK and similar to Racktime but not exactly.
The Racktime lugs fit in but the spacing between them length wise is not the same, you have to be able to adjust this.

Some manufacturers will do custom color choices for your bike bags.

One reason I am not an Ortlieb fan is that I've noticed that the plastic mounting "hardware" tends to fail spectacularly when you are carrying heavy or riding on a bumpy road. I've ran into many members of the Ortlieb tribe who have resorted to cable ties, duct tape, &c in order to keep on riding.
Any other brands/models of bags you'd recommend that will fit the supercharger rack?

Same here. Supercharger arrived at dealer this week. 11 weeks after Ordening. I live in Belgium.

I have Vaude in my current bike which I will keep, and my office bag fits in it perfectly.

So thinking of Ortlieb or Vaude. Whichever rattles less. Or something else that can be rollled up, is big, water tight. I USD this for grocery shopping and replacing other short car drives. Time to decide, i plan to use it to buy groceries Saturday.

Any other brands/models of bags you'd recommend that will fit the supercharger rack?

I should make clear that I have a Charger, not a Supercharger and do not know if the rack is different. From the photos it looks the same but I cannot know that for sure.

With the Swift Panniers, I had to use a cable tie loop between the seat stay and the rack to give the bottom hook a place to grab. Other than that I think any of the Swift Panniers would work perfectly on this rack. The only caveat is that these panniers use a beefy aluminum hook to grab onto the rack which will likely scratch the paint on the rack -- so consider taping the rack where the hooks will ride.

I suspect but do not know that most Arkel Panniers would work fine, but you'd also probably need to do the cable tie hack to have a place for the bottom hook. Arkel Dry-Lites should work fine because they don't use hooks, just velcro (I also think they are a nice pannier design).

I also suspect that the North Street Panniers will also work. Again, probably with the cable tie hack.

What I'd suggest is intercepting some bicycle tourists and try on their panniers. That will tell give you far better information than I can possibly give you.

Back