Ordered 60 volt chameleon

colgary7

Got it from Home shopping Channel , But have to admit reading some of these posts kinda scary, sounds like getting it to go more than 32 kph is going to be challenging , I have a bike licence and ins but was hopping for some duel usage my 15 year old daughter could use it as an e bike and I would be able to use more of its performance ,wondering if thats really practical ,it is marketed as a 40 mph capable ?

Watching the video and looking at where the pedals are...what is known in bike-speak as the Q factor... I would be inclined to say it would be nearly impossible to ride that as a bicycle, electric or otherwise, especially since it weighs 200 lbs. In other words, it is an electric scooter, not an e-bike.

Got it from Home shopping Channel , But have to admit reading some of these posts kinda scary, sounds like getting it to go more than 32 kph is going to be challenging , I have a bike licence and ins but was hopping for some duel usage my 15 year old daughter could use it as an e bike and I would be able to use more of its performance ,wondering if thats really practical ,it is marketed as a 40 mph capable ?
I got the "top of the line " chameleon putting it on it's center stand and using it's drive app mine reads 62 kph
but that is without a weight load, so if you have good air pressure in your tires and don't weight that much you can probably expect
to hit low 50's kph
the speedo is useless as it pins 32 kph but mine over time would show 35 kph's there are 3 speed settings the lowest gets you to the
legal limit while the other 2 I can't really tell the difference between them, surprisingly I mostly travel at the lowest setting
The good thing is it doesn't look like a fast scooter not like some of the newer café racer styles out there so maybe law enforcement won't
pay much attention to you
The pedals are for show only but if you turn to sharply they will clip the ground
One tip first thing go to the dollar store and buy some Velcro strips use them to hold the rubber mat battery cover in place otherwise
if you take your feet off the mat it will blow right off

Back