Orbea Gain D50 2019 X35, 4000km, losing power

bikergrove

Region
United Kingdom
I've been using my Gain for commuting over the last two years, clocking up around 4000km.

In the last month, I've noticed that the power assistance isn't as powerful as it used to be. There's very little DIY info out there on how to diagnose these bikes, does anyone know where to get started trying to determine which part might need servicing or replacement?

I've taken a screenshot of the Mahle app when the bike is at speed, incase anything jumps out:

IMG_2965.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

I've been using my Gain for commuting over the last two years, clocking up around 4000km.

In the last month, I've noticed that the power assistance isn't as powerful as it used to be. There's very little DIY info out there on how to diagnose these bikes, does anyone know where to get started trying to determine which part might need servicing or replacement?

I've taken a screenshot of the Mahle app when the bike is at speed, incase anything jumps out:

View attachment 140991

Many thanks in advance!
Hello bikergrove!
Looking at the screenshot I see that the battery has relatively few charge and discharge cycles. Which would make me think that the lack of power that you have noticed is not due to battery aging. An additional test of battery health is to fully charge it and note the no-load voltage reading. It should be around 42.1 volts.
best regards Antonio

Back