Orbea Gain Ant+ Compatible Computers Question

CO Climber

I have been researching GPS bike computers that have Ant+ compatibility that will communicate with my Gain and my Di2.

No success thus far regarding my specific questions below.

I'm trying to find out the following about an Ant+ GPS computer:
- Di2: will it display my gear choice and battery power and will I be able to use the "hidden" buttons on top of the brake levers to scroll through the computer's screens?
- X35 System: will it display remaining battery power in percentage, show mileage and speed? (Without having to add another Ant+ sensor.)
- Will I require a third party software application?

To keep this thread uncluttered, please only reply with actual knowledge and experience, not opinion and conjecture - thank you! (Yes, I know that in theory, Ant+ branded devices are supposed to communicate with one another.)

Hallo!
I have an orbea gain M10i 2020.
I also have a garmin edge 1030.
-Di2: Yes, through bluetooth or ant1 they are pared and I can see the gears, battery and I can go through the screens with the hidden buttons on top of the levers. But you have to buy the wireless module and the cable. You can see instructions here.
-X35 system: if you have a 2020 model and not a 2019, you can see the battery power in percentage, the rest kilometers or miles. But I think you can not see the speed. You can also change the level of the motor, but you have to press two times on + or -.
-for the Garmin you don't need any third party application.
The only thing you have to do, is to read the manual for the di2, because it is a little bit tricky.
For the x35 you only have to search for sensors through the Garmin. It will found the bike and it will add a screen for all these infos. I think all the latest garmin models have the ability to do that. Not the edge 500, 510, 810, 1000. Maybe the edge 520, 820, but the latest garmin computers can do that. You will have to look for ebike compatibility.

Last edited:
Hallo!
I have an orbea gain M10i 2020.
I also have a garmin edge 1030.
-Di2: Yes, through bluetooth or ant1 they are pared and I can see the gears, battery and I can go through the screens with the hidden buttons on top of the levers. But you have to buy the wireless module and the cable. You can see instructions here.
-X35 system: if you have a 2020 model and not a 2019, you can see the battery power in percentage, the rest kilometers or miles. But I think you can not see the speed. You can also change the level of the motor, but you have to press two times on + or -.
-for the Garmin you don't need any third party application.
The only thing you have to do, is to read the manual for the di2, because it is a little bit tricky.
For the x35 you only have to search for sensors through the Garmin. It will found the bike and it will add a screen for all these infos. I think all the latest garmin models have the ability to do that. Not the edge 500, 510, 810, 1000. Maybe the edge 520, 820, but the latest garmin computers can do that. You will have to look for ebike compatibility.

I have the same experience with my 530 and M20i 2020 with D-Fly unit added. @Kostas, you mention you can change the level of the motor, is that on the touchscreen of your 1030? What field did you add that allows you to do this? My current level of assistance can be shown on the garmin, but interestingly for lowest level it shows 2, for medium level it shows 4, and for highest level it shows 7. Is that the same for you?

@CO Climber, if your Gain is a 2020 model you already have Ant+ built in and a Garmin will easily read it along with the Di2 once you install the D-Fly unit. If you're 2019, you can add Ant+ to it, Orbea sells the kit (it's discussed somewhere in this forum).

ordered the ant+ dongle upgrade for my 2019 M20I direct orbea arrived in less than a week plugged in and paired right up with my Garmin520+ .power level, battey charge % and speed show up on a data page but I can't change assist level from there I have to go to status to change assist.I haven't ordered the wireless module for the DI2 which I plan to do .Would like to be able to change assist with the remote buttons under the hoods.

ordered the ant+ dongle upgrade for my 2019 M20I direct orbea arrived in less than a week plugged in and paired right up with my Garmin520+ .power level, battey charge % and speed show up on a data page but I can't change assist level from there I have to go to status to change assist.I haven't ordered the wireless module for the DI2 which I plan to do .Would like to be able to change assist with the remote buttons under the hoods.
If you can figure out a way to change assist with the hood buttons please let me know, I've tried to find a way but setup for the buttons would only allow specific functions. Would really be cool though.

I have an Orbea Gain M20i 2021. I was able to easily connect to my Garmin 830. You go to add sensors and select e-bike. One of the data screens is set up for e-bike and displays battery levels and allows you on the Garmin 830 to switch modes via touch screen. One annoying issue which keeps happening during my rides is the Garmin 830 displays an e-bike battery low alert. The battery is not low but somehow gets a signal that its low. It takes maybe 3-4 times to clear the message. I have finally just stopped using the Garmin in the e-bike mode as it gets very annoying and not providing any value with that warning. Any others experiencing something similar?

ordered the ant+ dongle upgrade for my 2019 M20I direct orbea arrived in less than a week plugged in and paired right up with my Garmin520+ .power level, battey charge % and speed show up on a data page but I can't change assist level from there I have to go to status to change assist. I haven't ordered the wireless module for the DI2 which I plan to do .Would like to be able to change assist with the remote buttons under the hoods.
can you talk me through how you got your 520+ to show the data page? When I go to sensors, add sensor and scroll down the list the option for "ebike" isn't there.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if my Garmin 520 is not compatible...
If it isn't I'd like to know which Garmin is actually compatible and will show all the info from the bike?
I have got the ebike data field from jancapek installed and working but it just shows battery and mode

can you talk me through how you got your 520+ to show the data page? When I go to sensors, add sensor and scroll down the list the option for "ebike" isn't there.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if my Garmin 520 is not compatible...
If it isn't I'd like to know which Garmin is actually compatible and will show all the info from the bike?
I have got the ebike data field from jancapek installed and working but it just shows battery and mode
not near my bike and garmin but when I get home in a few days I'll post what I did

I had a 2019 m20 and added the dongle for ant+. A 530 whould connect and show bike data, with either a 830 or a 1030 you could change the motor power level.

Back