Ongoing issues with LMTD

Notably, a 500w Nominal/ 750w Peak can be juiced to pull another 10 - 20% - for a minute and a 750/ 1000w can be induced to pull 1200watts.
If you don't have time to read, I'll ask the forum communities and YouTube reviewers.
Lets start here: Anyone out there owning this motor seen it pull 1200watts? How about 1000watts? 950 maybe?
Lots of questions are being begged. Pretty obvious you can give a motor all it will take and create a "rating" but that's not 750watt nominal/ 1000watt motor.

Re: Will a 500 watt hub motor handle 1000 watts?

by wesnewell » Aug 31 2016 5:33am
I don't know about Hallomotor, but a 500W motor should not be the same as a 1000W motor. A 1000W rated motor can run 1000W under normal conditions 24/7. A 500W motor is only rated for 500W 24/7. That said, I've run over 3000W through a 500W dd motor for short periods of time without a problem. It will just burn up faster than a 1000W motor.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74403

MXUS says (1) the XF19C motor has 68nm of torque
(2) the XF19R and XF19 are the 750w/1000w 100nm torque Motors, but
(3) the 500w/ 750w XF19C motor has 68nm of torque, and;
(4) referencing the Model/ Serial Number I provided, MXUS says;
(5) "Yes. The cassette (the "C" version) motor, 500 watts 68nm torque".
(6) Nowhere, does MXUS advertise the XF19C (our bikes motor's) as "100nm torque".
I prefer to use an open forum. That way when "accidentally" misrepresented rating numbers are uncovered, the story cannot evolve into "that's what I meant" excuses and those of us that really do own these bikes can judge for themselves - regardless of racial slurs like genxrider is slinging in your defense.
I have read your post, but I find it difficult to understand because you add too much commentary to your replies, trying to be too witty. This is wasting your time and everyone else's. Your intentions are great, but your execution is not conducive to understanding.

I have been in communication with MXUS and discovered that they have several sales representatives with varying degrees of knowledge about their products. They admitted that they have a separate group, not listed on Alibaba, that handles OEM orders. Only the representatives within that group know the specifics of those orders.

Okay. So you're newbie at dealing w/ PRC companies, eh?
MXUS is handing you a bunch of bull. They change ads to say whatever.
My Lmt'd was advertised by Ride1Up as 100nm and 1000 watts. All the early Lmt'd machines were 100nm.
And, From R1U's ad: This generation now features a TORQUE sensor.
Built with higher-end components and a powerful 95nm geared motor for faster acceleration - not 68nm.
If you're bike came with the display that can be set for '31mph', you probably have one.
Newer displays are limited to 28mph
MXUS provided and I posted a letter that said R1U had exclusive rights to the XF19 'C' version - but I saw them for sale in the PRC, and they still are. To resolve the issue? They simply lie!
The new motors might be downgraded, detuned - probably because the bad axles were breaking.
Suggest you read (try this on ES) instead of demanding to be spoon fed and playing gotch'a w/ PRC BS info from profit bound BS'ers.
Sorry you don't like reading. Actually that's tough - for you. Dooms you to knowledge from people that want something from you.
My style may be laced with personal humor, but yours is insulting and full of bad information.
FI: You said: "Pretty obvious you can give a motor all it will take and create a "rating" but that's not 750watt nominal/ 1000watt motor". That's 100% WRONG 🥴. Motor is RPM limited. That cuts off the power - using an algorithm - based on RPM and Duration. Ie: synthesized.
FYI: Hell Yes I've seen bursts of over 1200watts on my display. Many times. Never at full charge. Always around 49 - 52v.
In fact, at full charge the motor is definitely less powerful.
48v charging table.jpg

Those facts tell the whole story. Extrapolate the wattage it's clear the motor is choking, so I'll call bullshit on that 'force-feeding' statement - from experience with this motor.
If you study (heavens forbid - READING !!!) the Grin motor simulator and grasp the curves, you can see hom much wattage various motors can/ will will take before RPM or heat will shut it down. They don't show an MXUS - last I checked - but hey it's a cheap motor with a bad shaft that destroys frames. Would you? If you sold MXUS kits, the return rate would bankrupt your company.
You said: "Nowhere, does MXUS advertise the XF19C (our bikes motor's) as "100nm torque".
So what? Use a program that shows internet 5 years ago and see for yourself.
Hell yes MXUS changed the numbers and letters to comply w/ current USA's Federal Rules.
My last word on that matter is my mid-drive w/ programming to lay down 100nm at the wheel feels so much more powerful, on a bike 14lbs heavier, one instantly realizes MXUS is full of it.
When you say: I prefer to use an open forum. That way when "accidentally" misrepresented rating numbers are uncovered, the story cannot evolve into "that's what I meant" excuses and those of us that really do own these bikes can judge for themselves - regardless of racial slurs like genxrider is slinging in your defense.
I invite you to PM other long-term owners. 90%, their bike broke and they junked it or it sits in the garage. The success story of people that keep asking the same question until they hear the answer they want.
Yes indeed. I encourage to create an open thread. For me it was just too weird coping with a bunch of geriatric, half senile never-was bi-cycle purists that become aggressive and nasty when throttles are even mentioned - and who broke 4 TS's in a row fixing them, when it was the damn JST connector and he was too brain dead to realize (obviously) he's shearing the wires on installation. And another old fart that had an LBS replace his TS thrice because they were all defective (he said). A founding member (was it Scrambler?) told him "Change your LBS".
WTF ??? I've no idea what Genxrider told you.
I've learned things from him. He's quite knowledgeable and builds beautiful, well thought out machines - that he beats the hell out of and makes better and better as they break.
Sounds as though you have issues with long term owners speaking facts you disagree with. I had no idea you were bad-mothing me on another forum. I'm sure you can find members that hate my guts.
Do you realize those whining, know-it-all, ham-handed clowns caused R1U to all together discontinue the Lmt'd's TS systems, then had the nerve to blame the company for using inferior parts ???
But I thank them and all crash dummies because I learned from their repetitive mistakes re: what not to do.
You say: This is wasting your time and everyone else's. Your intentions are great, but your execution is not conducive to understanding.
I'll keep that in mind, but bored with creating dry-to-the-bone legal briefs and motions for old clients that won't let me stay retired, here I indulge myself finding humor in 'stupid'. It beats 'anger' any day.
Thing is, if one already knows, why ask? Talk about wasting everyone's time.
Insisting the facts are what a seller in China says debunk the (very few) long term owner's experiences, is a classic appeal to authority fallacy.
Regardless, I hope you succeed - and post the information. We eat a lot of crow along the way, but if readers want perfect answers they should pray to God, not ask other people for help.
Aside from learning, I don't have any firm intention in mind, but as a user of others work I am obligated to post my understandings/ finding in return.
The feedback you're getting is your only reward.
My machines speak loudly for themselves. It's a record rife with destroying parts, turning frustrating weaknesses into strengths.
My FIRM belief is the MXUS motors are cheap and inferior, and MAC's are far better made. The answer will not change. Prove it wrong, please post it so others will know.
It's only an opinion and I wish it weren't true.
-
I have a Ride1Up series 1 Lmt'd w/ the early model (advertised at) 1000watt, 100nm w/ the XF 19C motor.
The bike will exceed 31mph.

20220101_143704[1].jpg
20201108_110345[1].jpg
20220624_171439[1].jpg

Not a lot of photo's of my last years improvements. Full titanium fasteners. New Judy Gold fork Magura MT5e's and MDR P Discs. Steel Surly Moliko bars. Domino Throttle. 100% upgraded wiring and sheathing. A few more Blue accent parts ....
20220926_105932[1].jpg
20220906_161820[1].jpg
20230718_151907[1].jpg

In the pursuit of excellence, I invite you to build a better Lmt'd. This was my test-bed for a titanium super-bike.

20230724_183131[1].jpg

And it worked to find the best parts.
So I have the '67 427 SCI Cobra. It's nice to ride on an occasional sunny weekend.
I'm not a big fan of 'alloy', the Lmt'd's geometry and it won't fit the fork on my must-have list.
100% over the 'hidden battery' thing, my taste is now Shark types.
I need a City, daily driver hub drive bike. So, considering the impossibility of recouping 30% of the $5000 investment in the R1U, I now have ($1700 + tax and shipping worth) most of the top-end parts on the ($1000 valued) Lmt'd I'll require. Building machines using legacy parts saved me a lot of time.
The MAC is the short-list motor I'm considering.
I should mention to you that since going over 30mph on a bike is not that fun, and it's the 10 - 25mph acceleration and cruise that counts - esp in city work - an 8t might be too long legged, w/ slower acceleration.
10t seems more appropriate.
Do you really want to go 56mph ???
20230902_190714[1].jpg
Be sure an post a photo of your display's results as evidence !!!
More for the MAC: This build will use fat-sized tires - 26 x 3.0 - 3.5 speedster types. 26" tires that fat sit taller than regular 3.3-4 x 27.5's.
The MAC comes in fat size, 197mm axles since around 2015.
I've detailed the reasons why a fat bike's ride is so vastly superior to twiggy size bicycle tires.
I'm not a purist, only forms fitting function apply. You find that an attempt at wit? It's a condition.
I wish someone would criticize my &%#$+@ builds. I might learn something !!!
That's why I entertain you🤣. I only learn from breaking stuff.

The Fn'F

Last edited:
Okay. So you're newbie at dealing w/ PRC companies, eh?
MXUS is handing you a bunch of bull. They change ads to say whatever.
My Lmt'd was advertised by Ride1Up as 100nm and 1000 watts. All the early Lmt'd machines were 100nm.
And, From R1U's ad: This generation now features a TORQUE sensor.
Built with higher-end components and a powerful 95nm geared motor for faster acceleration - not 68nm.
If you're bike came with the display that can be set for '31mph', you probably have one.
Newer displays are limited to 28mph
MXUS provided and I posted a letter that said R1U had exclusive rights to the XF19 'C' version - but I saw them for sale in the PRC, and they still are. To resolve the issue? They simply lie!
The new motors might be downgraded, detuned - probably because the bad axles were breaking.
Suggest you read (try this on ES) instead of demanding to be spoon fed and playing gotch'a w/ PRC BS info from profit bound BS'ers.
Sorry you don't like reading. Actually that's tough - for you. Dooms you to knowledge from people that want something from you.
My style may be laced with personal humor, but yours is insulting and full of bad information.
FI: You said: "Pretty obvious you can give a motor all it will take and create a "rating" but that's not 750watt nominal/ 1000watt motor". That's 100% WRONG 🥴. Motor is RPM limited. That cuts off the power - using an algorithm - based on RPM and Duration. Ie: synthesized.
FYI: Hell Yes I've seen bursts of over 1200watts on my display. Many times. Never at full charge. Always around 49 - 52v.
In fact, at full charge the motor is definitely less powerful.
View attachment 169681
Those facts tell the whole story. Extrapolate the wattage it's clear the motor is choking, so I'll call bullshit on that 'force-feeding' statement - from experience with this motor.
If you study (heavens forbid - READING !!!) the Grin motor simulator and grasp the curves, you can see hom much wattage various motors can/ will will take before RPM or heat will shut it down. They don't show an MXUS - last I checked - but hey it's a cheap motor with a bad shaft that destroys frames. Would you? If you sold MXUS kits, the return rate would bankrupt your company.
You said: "Nowhere, does MXUS advertise the XF19C (our bikes motor's) as "100nm torque".
So what? Use a program that shows internet 5 years ago and see for yourself.
Hell yes MXUS changed the numbers and letters to comply w/ current USA's Federal Rules.
My last word on that matter is my mid-drive w/ programming to lay down 100nm at the wheel feels so much more powerful, on a bike 14lbs heavier, one instantly realizes MXUS is full of it.
When you say: I prefer to use an open forum. That way when "accidentally" misrepresented rating numbers are uncovered, the story cannot evolve into "that's what I meant" excuses and those of us that really do own these bikes can judge for themselves - regardless of racial slurs like genxrider is slinging in your defense.
I invite you to PM other long-term owners. 90%, their bike broke and they junked it or it sits in the garage. The success story of people that keep asking the same question until they hear the answer they want.
Yes indeed. I encourage to create an open thread. For me it was just too weird coping with a bunch of geriatric, half senile never-was bi-cycle purists that become aggressive and nasty when throttles are even mentioned - and who broke 4 TS's in a row fixing them, when it was the damn JST connector and he was too brain dead to realize (obviously) he's shearing the wires on installation. And another old fart that had an LBS replace his TS thrice because they were all defective (he said). A founding member (was it Scrambler?) told him "Change your LBS".
WTF ??? I've no idea what Genxrider told you.
I've learned things from him. He's quite knowledgeable and builds beautiful, well thought out machines - that he beats the hell out of and makes better and better as they break.
Sounds as though you have issues with long term owners speaking facts you disagree with. I had no idea you were bad-mothing me on another forum. I'm sure you can find members that hate my guts.
Do you realize those whining, know-it-all, ham-handed clowns caused R1U to all together discontinue the Lmt'd's TS systems, then had the nerve to blame the company for using inferior parts ???
But I thank them and all crash dummies because I learned from their repetitive mistakes re: what not to do.
You say: This is wasting your time and everyone else's. Your intentions are great, but your execution is not conducive to understanding.
I'll keep that in mind, but bored with creating dry-to-the-bone legal briefs and motions for old clients that won't let me stay retired, here I indulge myself finding humor in 'stupid'. It beats 'anger' any day.
Thing is, if one already knows, why ask? Talk about wasting everyone's time.
Insisting the facts are what a seller in China says debunk the (very few) long term owner's experiences, is a classic appeal to authority fallacy.
Regardless, I hope you succeed - and post the information. We eat a lot of crow along the way, but if readers want perfect answers they should pray to God, not ask other people for help.
Aside from learning, I don't have any firm intention in mind, but as a user of others work I am obligated to post my understandings/ finding in return.
The feedback you're getting is your only reward.
My machines speak loudly for themselves. It's a record rife with destroying parts, turning frustrating weaknesses into strengths.
My FIRM belief is the MXUS motors are cheap and inferior, and MAC's are far better made. The answer will not change. Prove it wrong, please post it so others will know.
It's only an opinion and I wish it weren't true.
-
I have a Ride1Up series 1 Lmt'd w/ the early model (advertised at) 1000watt, 100nm w/ the XF 19C motor.
The bike will exceed 31mph.

View attachment 169698 View attachment 169696 View attachment 169697

Not a lot of photo's of my last years improvements. Full titanium fasteners. New Judy Gold fork Magura MT5e's and MDR P Discs. Steel Surly Moliko bars. Domino Throttle. 100% upgraded wiring and sheathing. A few more Blue accent parts ....
View attachment 169695 View attachment 169699 View attachment 169700

In the pursuit of excellence, I invite you to build a better Lmt'd. This was my test-bed for a titanium super-bike.

View attachment 169701
And it worked to find the best parts.
So I have the '67 427 SCI Cobra. It's nice to ride on an occasional sunny weekend.
I'm not a big fan of 'alloy', the Lmt'd's geometry and it won't fit the fork on my must-have list.
100% over the 'hidden battery' thing, my taste is now Shark types.
I need a City, daily driver hub drive bike. So, considering the impossibility of recouping 30% of the $5000 investment in the R1U, I now have ($1700 + tax and shipping worth) most of the top-end parts on the ($1000 valued) Lmt'd I'll require. Building machines using legacy parts saved me a lot of time.
The MAC is the short-list motor I'm considering.
I should mention to you that since going over 30mph on a bike is not that fun, and it's the 10 - 25mph acceleration and cruise that counts - esp in city work - an 8t might be too long legged, w/ slower acceleration.
10t seems more appropriate.
Do you really want to go 56mph ???
View attachment 169706 Be sure an post a photo of your display's results as evidence !!!
More for the MAC: This build will use fat-sized tires - 26 x 3.0 - 3.5 speedster types. 26" tires that fat sit taller than regular 3.3-4 x 27.5's.
The MAC comes in fat size, 197mm axles since around 2015.
I've detailed the reasons why a fat bike's ride is so vastly superior to twiggy size bicycle tires.
I'm not a purist, only forms fitting function apply. You find that an attempt at wit? It's a condition.
I wish someone would criticize my &%#$+@ builds. I might learn something !!!
That's why I entertain you🤣. I only learn from breaking stuff.

The Fn'F
Hey FnF, glad to see you're still causing a commotion on the R1U forum! But I hope you're wrong about the MXUS axle. So far I've got over 3000 miles on my 2022 cadence-sensor LMT'D. Max speed is 31 mph, which it can do easily but only when the battery's near full-charge. The MXUS motor really eats up the juice, so SOC has a big effect on the max speed in each level of assist. It's not the best ebike out there, but the light weight and nimble handling still puts a smile on my face every day. Be well, amigo!

Last edited:
Hey FnF, glad to see you're still causing a commotion on the R1U forum! But I hope you're wrong about the MXUS axle. So far I've got over 3000 miles on my 2015 cadence-sensor LMT'D. Max speed is 31 mph, which it can do easily but only when the battery's near full-charge. The MXUS motor really eats up the juice, so SOC has a big effect on the max speed in each level of assist. It's not the best ebike out there, but the light weight and nimble handling still puts a smile on my face every day. Be well, amigo!
FNF AKA Paul Wanker is a nut job, let really has issues, I'd leave it alone

Commotion? Somebody has to.
I was just thinking about you. Impressive. Tore the motor down and repaired.
Solutions that work !! Hope you post some photos on this or another thread. People like myself want to see what's a' een there.
I suspected your Higo meltdown was an aberration. Also, I think you have a 'hot' controller - meaning it put's out what it's rated at, or it may be the programming was altered with the 'cadence only' bikes. But (short of falling off a cliff) +31mph is Gen 1 motor/ controller, and in that Gen, so many controllers went south ... I strongly suspect water. Mine'll put out 1260watts on the display, but as you say that depends on the state of charge.
I 100% agree, the Lmt'd's light weight's (52lbs) a huge plus, it's a fun machine and a value - performance-wise.
I 'weight wienied' this one to under 49lbs. Best place to lose weight is the clunky pedals (go RaceFace) and dump the fork.
Mechanical 'expandability' options are reasonable.

I'll PM you another current Lmt'd owner you might like chatting with.
Give him a holler. I admire his technique. Break stuff and fix it, then do it again.
(You can see why we keep it private. Verified owners. No trolls that don't own any Ride1Up product, and who incredibly claim they've destroyed $$$thousands in GRIN products (because they don't work) and MAC motors).
Hit him up. He has some interesting info - w/ photo's of course - showing MXUS' axel effects - AKA: Sharp, hardened steel meets soft Aluminum alloy. He's a (hard riding) very skillful member that took the torque arms to the extreme, and shows the results.
You have a micrometer. Measure the MXUS axle at various intervals from the end to the housing.
Mine tapers.
Fn'F

Back