OMG Am I losing it?

Life is changing. No more wrenching, battery repairs/build, and selling off shop tools. Moments away from a radpower step through. I’ve officially lost it…
I found the radrover step-through v.enjoyable during a test drive a year ago; any elitist prejudices were erased.
“Lick my decals off,baby.”

Life is changing. No more wrenching, battery repairs/build, and selling off shop tools. Moments away from a radpower step through. I’ve officially lost it…
Enjoy. Everyday is Saturday … decompress … de-stress …delight !!

Last edited:
Why not. I hit 70 in a few weeks. I learned a lot building 4 bikes and a lot of lith packs. I love LFP tech, might do that. But I bought a Lectric XP (2.0 Step thru. Love the step through). Early November. In a lot of ways, it is what ebikes should be. Totally personal. It's the basic bike, the basic motor, some reasonable battery.

The Chinese are everywhere, very assertive. I play a version of Hearts on my tablet and I get endless ads for new ebike companies. Most have got to be Chinese. This is inevitable. You can't just take their parts and their labor and wrap it in some US corporate marketing campaign. Not forever. Seems like things will be pretty dicey for a while.

Hang in there...

You weren't losing it until you decided to buy an ebike, given you already a few in the stable, unless they all broke.

What's happened Tom?
The maladies one should learn at a young age and those falls, contusions, broken bones and arthritis have caught up. Stroke meds create bruises and prolific bleeding even from the smallest cuts and bumps.
But maybe the bigger reason is my losing interest.
Customer service has also worn me out. I have lost my sense of humor with the one bike experts.
You weren't losing it until you decided to buy an ebike, given you already a few in the stable, unless they all broke.

Yeah, I actually have enough in parts and motors to do a build. I bought a step through but the Mrs snagged it. Maybe I'll just find a Townie step through. So far only weird colors. KHS, I have had 3 of their bikes. Actually one each of the 3 flat-foot models, but they've really dumbed down the quality. A lower price, but uber-cheap components.
I dislike my Marin Hybrid frame. A scratch build, but an awful riding position.

I figure if I buy a Radrover I can be an expert too!
Sadly the pedaling without assistance days are gone. PAS at least keeps my legs moving. Throttle cuz I wear out and some rides would end with calling for a ride. Better to motor home.

Hint that keeps me sane regarding what day it is. Sunday is the day with the thick newspaper......

Embrace the change Tom, don't despair about it. Simplifying life a bit can be really liberating and enjoyable.

After 20+ yrs. of messing about with motor assist, first e kit a Currie Drive w/24v SLA battery in 2000, and a bunch of ICE kits (never a China Girl) of various failings and up til now all DIY I am feeling about the same Tom.

I am signing up for my first "manufactured" complete bike of any sort assist or not but it is a Bafang motor so I am not getting rid of my tools nor my DIY mentality. Extra bonus bs because it is a Luna product!

I hope you get a gold watch!

Embrace the change Tom, don't despair about it. Simplifying life a bit can be really liberating and enjoyable.
If I hadn’t had so much fun…
I’d do it all again. But some days the price I pay for all those adventures is pain. I’m a mr natural and gave up on all pain meds. Making some days just plain awful. But it beats s dirt nap!

If I hadn’t had so much fun…
I’d do it all again. But some days the price I pay for all those adventures is pain. I’m a mr natural and gave up on all pain meds. Making some days just plain awful. But it beats s dirt nap!
Ah, some pain hurts so good,I used to like it when the hi-tensile barb wire would wrap my legs and draw blood( Do not worry Friend you have many days yet to see the sunrise!)

I'm
185 days 19 hours 05 minutes 09 seconds to retirement. But who's counting?
I didn't really plan on my exact retirement. The opportunity presented itself, and I jumped on it in a matter of just a couple days. I do remember pretty clearly though, there was a realization that if I lost the job I had, at my age, the chances of getting another anything like it were slim to none. Old IT guys are generally viewed as expensive when upper management is younger.

Anyway, the effort it took to keep my head down and my mouth shut, while still maintaining a degree of productivity, was quite a struggle. Not something I would wish on anyone.... -Al

Back