OK- it is official: the used bike market is INSANE

both I bet they are both selling like hotcakes. but the people who bought them will go back to their old ways.
I think they will go back to their traditional commuting ways, but there will be lifestyle changes. I bought an ebike this year after only being on a bike a handful of times in the last couple decades. Holy cow have things changed! Now there are trails everywhere with breweries, restaurants, etc. that have patios backing up to the trails. Two new ampetheaters accessible by trail, and more and more bike lanes going in as my city gets more bike friendly. I’ll continue to use the bike for recreation even post Covid, and who knows, with enough bike lanes on streets I may even do at least some commuting. I will go back to old ways in some regards, but not in all regards.

Timpo I am so with you in spirit and my grocery store is about a mile away, but by the time I take out my Kryptonite Ulock, and hitch ole Sport up to the bike rack, I could make 2 round trips in my gas guzzling SUV. Plus my Rockbros bag on the back rack of my Sport will hold maybe 3 beers...

Same. Most of my trips to the grocery are for bulky items like drinks so the Sport would be too much effort over my PHEV.

I think standard bikes will see a more normal used market since those are lower priced, more widely used, and can be brought up to usable condition whereas there are more questions about eBikes and their higher price points.

yeah, it is interesting how people perceive motor vehicles take no effort compare to ebikes.

Imagine you need to get something really quick from your local grocery store that's only 1 mile away from home.

Most people would rather get into a big V8 powered SUVs and go to the local grocery store.

To me, the effort to drive an SUV, waste gas on a V8 engine 8 passenger vehicle, and when you arrive at the store, find a parking lot, and slowly park there, etc... that just takes too much stress for me.

I'd rather hop on a ebike and go.
Ebikes provide easy hop and go option.

I would dearly love to be part of the "hop & go" crowd. Unfortunately, it isn't going to happen where I live now. To get to the nearest grocery store, it's a mile down a steeply sloped private road and then 6 miles on a major high speed highway with narrow shoulders. The return trip is worse since the slope of the private road is too much for my bike, even in granny gear with turbo boost.

Ahh to be a flatlander! :rolleyes:

My wife's early 90ish Tange Concorde Mirage sold for $50 Cdn more than the asking price of $350. The local buyer who purchased it was quite pleased when he took delivery of it. We had another buyer who was willing to pay the asking price and to have the bike shipped to Quebec four provinces away at his cost.

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_1033129.jpg
    IMG_20200709_1033129.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20200709_1033320.jpg
    IMG_20200709_1033320.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20200709_1033576.jpg
    IMG_20200709_1033576.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20200709_1035042.jpg
    IMG_20200709_1035042.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 267
My wife's early 90ish Tange Concorde Mirage sold for $50 Cdn more than the asking price of $350. The local buyer who purchased it was quite pleased when he took delivery of it
We had another buyer who was willing to pay the asking price and to have the bike shipped to Quebec four provinces away at his cost.
Very clean... looks brand new! ;)

Yep. Nice pictures really matter if you are buying or selling anything used. You did well.

Back