ODO stopped at 9,999 miles ???

I would try the BUTTON RESET for the display. It is pretty clear that the DISPLAY only supports FOUR digits. One would hope the internal "counter" goes beyond 9,999 miles.
yeah … i mean, considering that one would have to intentionally code such a limit, assuming they store the mileage as a number…. more likely the limit is 2^16 or 2^32 or something, expressed as a floating point number.

Guys,
In the Specialized forum, there are several threads describing the experiences of owners of Turbo e-bikes who had to replace their e-bike motor. In each case, the ODO reported zero miles after the swap.

Certainly, the display of Eband is limited to four display digits. Now, my question is: Has @Eband ever got a software update for display from his Specialized LBS? Because I dare to doubt it.

I tried this but the word UPDATE did not display on the TCD.
starbeem: You determine whether your display needs update or not by Mission Control.

If you use the wireless TCD (SL e-bikes), you can update it yourself.
If that's the wired TCD-w display as Eband has it (Vado/Como), only the Specialized dealer can update it.

I have a 2020 Vado 3. Don't know wired or wireless. I do have the Mission Control. Has the option to update but the update option button will not appear to be pushed on the TCD. Tried 10 times. I did see "searching" at one point but no go.

I do look forward to seeing an answer to the 9999 limitation. Unless the display's numeric field can be expanded with software/update, it will be interesting to see if the internal is similar once he installs Mission Control and what then happens when 9999 is truly surpassed internally?

Someone asked if they has wired or wireless. Is the "computer unit" physically wired or does it merely have contact points on the unit and the holder to complete a circuit?

I have a hell of a time getting my presses of either the left or right button to register. Those buttons don't travel much and trying to reset the Trip Meter is trial and error with trying to get both buttons pressed at once.

physically wired
This. TCD-w is mandatory on Vado and Como. All other Specialized Turbo e-bikes come with the wireless TCD, which is only optional. (A historical matter).

I have a 2020 Vado 3. Don't know wired or wireless. I do have the Mission Control. Has the option to update but the update option button will not appear to be pushed on the TCD. Tried 10 times. I did see "searching" at one point but no go.
Starbeem: all Vados and Comos have TCD-w (wired). The wired display can only be updated by the Specialized LBS.

This. TCD-w is mandatory on Vado and Como. All other Specialized Turbo e-bikes come with the wireless TCD, which is only optional. (A historical matter).

Starbeem: all Vados and Comos have TCD-w (wired). The wired display can only be updated by the Specialized LBS.
And is the TCD itself attached directly with a wire to the bike or are there contact points on the unit and mount?

Now, my question is: Has @Eband ever got a software update for display from his Specialized LBS? Because I dare to doubt it.

Software update was my specific request when I took bike to LBS of purchase. Also inquired about simple way to determine the specific Ver.* (sftwe version) of the bikes since display OEM pages are different. E-Mailed Customer Service, waiting to hear back from LBS and/or SPZD C.S. ...

any helpful info appreciated, anecdotes, not so much...

thanx

Now, my question is: Has @Eband ever got a software update for display from his Specialized LBS? Because I dare to doubt it.

Software update was my specific request when I took bike to LBS of purchase. Also inquired about simple way to determine the specific Ver.* (sftwe version) of the bikes since display OEM pages are different. E-Mailed Customer Service, waiting to hear back from LBS and/or SPZD C.S. ...

thanx

Eband: If you used Mission Control, you would have known what parts of your Como needed software updates. Now, it would be fair to admit you learned about the very existence of Mission Control from me. I hope you appreciate the help we EBR Forum members try to provide to you.

thanx

Eband: Mission Control (when it is not being flaky) shows the current software version in one of its display screens. What is not available from Specialized is what is updated/changed by the software. It has software versions for the motor, display (not the TCD), the battery and for some the software version of the Range Extender battery. Each can be updated but unfortunately, only by the bike shop.

@Eband: There is still 185 (km) to go on my Vado to get past the value of 9999. However, I noticed the odometer of my Vado has the current figures written as:

98 15

Note the space between the 8 and 1. After two weekend rides of mine, I will be able how that works with my odometer.

QUOTE:
"( Now, my question is: Has @Eband ever got a software update for display from his Specialized LBS? Because I dare to doubt it.

Software update was my specific request when I took bike to LBS of purchase. Also inquired about simple way to determine the specific Ver.* (sftwe version) of the bikes since display OEM pages are different. E-Mailed Customer Service, waiting to hear back from LBS and/or SPZD C.S. ... )"

Update to ODO time-out:

Never received any response at all from request for info to Specialized Customer Service to my dismay.

LBS shop where I purchased the two COMO3.0's finally did the currrent Sftwe update to both . The Mileage ODO did display total accumulated miles and continues. No appreciable ridability changes are evident, no problems hopefully continue as well ...

hav e fun

1633278724060.png

October 3rd, 2021.

Now that you have a Roam you need to wean yourself from the now redundant Specialized TDU.
  • There's nothing called Specialized "TDU". TCU is the e-bike controller. TCD is the optional wireless removable handlebar display. TCD-w is a non-removable (wired) display.
  • My Vado is equipped with a Euro display version called TCD-w (L1e).
  • Removing a TCD-w (L1e) display from a 45 km/h Euro S-Pedelec will make the e-bike inoperable (it is a moped).
  • The L1e version of TCD-w shows the current speed on each of its five screens (it is a moped).
1633319494271.png

I have removed the optional TCD display from the bars of my Vado SL. It is because a Euro bike (and a 25 km/h e-bike is just a bike here) doesn't require any speedometer. I still keep the TCD in my drawer because a guest riding my Vado SL might want to see their ride parameters.

Last edited:
Back