ODO stopped at 9,999 miles ???

Eband

Our Como 3.0 (@2019) ran up to 9,999 Miles and ODO stopped. How can ODO be 'Reset' . Without ODO it's more difficult to gauge maintenance intervals.

LBS where purchased doesn't seem equipped to help ...

Thanx

EBand

Attachments

• IMG_2559.JPG
    IMG_2559.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 180
How many threads have been started?

What model display is used?

Maybe the display recognizes it's such a great accomplishment needs to keep it up there for awhile. 👍
I remember when my car was reaching 100,000 miles. I took a local street system home rather than the freeway. Then as it cleared 99,999 I photographed it and then again as it hit the 100,000!!! Slowly driving.....

Our Como 3.0 (@2019) ran up to 9,999 Miles and ODO stopped. How can ODO be 'Reset' . Without ODO it's more difficult to gauge maintenance intervals.

LBS where purchased doesn't seem equipped to help ...

Thanx

EBand
I am sorry but it seems like you are the first to run into this, and since your LBS isn't helping, you need to get this issue escalated to Specialized corporate.
Your LBS should have already started the process at the regional level, but you can email Specialized customer care yourself.
When I contacted them, they were not quick, but they were thorough. BTW some programmer is going to catch some H*ll over this. That's a beginner level mistake.

LBS had also not run into this ODO time-out before and said he would contact mfg. Asked simply if any program updates for our bikes from Specialized since purchase, also asked if there is a 'Ver #" (sftwe version) determinable and was not clear on his response.

What is 'early BLOKS' display?. Two bikes appear to have different software versions - the ODO display is different as in attached pics.

> 9,999 mile bike is two years old soon and 3500 mile bike is two years in spring 2022.

LBS didn't mention at purchase and I am not versed or using any 'Applications' related to the bikes like or phone apps mentioned in forum. Como 3.0 650B step thru's

thanks ...

At the end of this video for the bluetooth version, it shows a TCD factory reset by holding down both buttons for 10 seconds.
The odometer information is stored in the TCU, not in the display...

@Eband: Please connect to your Como with Specialized Mission Control app from your smartphone. The true ODO information is there (and ignore my BLOKS remark: you have the newer TCD-w display).

@tomjasz: Eband has the new display. Your link points to BLOKS info, which is irrelevant here.

At the end of this video for the bluetooth version, it shows a TCD factory reset by holding down both buttons for 10 seconds.

A good find, but really sad that you have to watch a video to make use of it...

Not to appear totally hapless but have had Zero problems with either bike so have not been back to LBS until ODO reset problem. I have E-Mailed customer svc. Ride - recharge - ride recharge - repeat...

What's the "TCU" - TCD-w?,

Is "Mission Control " App available as download from Specialized or LBS ? . LBS never mentioned any applicable 'Apps' for the Como's. Is the 'Mission control" universal to Specialized Sftwe? , How do I source it?

thanx

Last edited:
What's the "TCU" - TCD-w?,
TCU is for Turbo Control Unit, or the brain of your Specialized ebike. It holds all information about your Como. TCU can connect by Bluetooth and ANT+ with a number of devices.

TCD-w stands for Turbo Control Display (wired), or what you showed us on the photo. The display does not store any information. It only displays the info from the TCU, obtained by wire.

Mission Control is the most vital (and free) application of the Specialized Turbo system. You download onto smartphone from either App Store or Play Store.

Mission Control will connect to your Como via Bluetooth. It allows, among others, diagnosing your ebike (for instance, reading the ODO value), tuning your motor and many more.

Last edited:
the mission control app is available through the "app store" on your iPhone, or equivalent on android phone. search for "mission control." it's the red icon with the white "S," and once you install it, it can connect to your bike via bluetooth, allowing you to see what version of the software is installed, tune the boost settings, etc.

It may be the display of the data on the TCD is in error not the data from the TCU. I don't know if the op or the LBS tried connecting to Mission Control to see what that displays?

It may be the display of the data on the TCD is in error not the data from the TCU. I don't know if the op or the LBS tried connecting to Mission Control to see what that displays?
Allan, I'd like to see any TCD showing more than 9999 on the odo. In 300 km I might be able to report the outcome.

I would try the BUTTON RESET for the display. It is pretty clear that the DISPLAY only supports FOUR digits. One would hope the internal "counter" goes beyond 9,999 miles.

I would try the BUTTON RESET for the display. It is pretty clear that the DISPLAY only supports FOUR digits. One would hope the internal "counter" goes beyond 9,999 miles.
Reset the ODO on your car first :)
Do you get me?
(ODO is the property of the motor, not of the display).

Back