Ocean Current Owners

MisterBritcom

Not much info on this forum about the Ocean Current. I just bought my wife one and I'm curious about other people's experiences.
How many miles have you accumulated? Any problems? Tips to get the best performance?

Not much info on this forum about the Ocean Current. I just bought my wife one and I'm curious about other people's experiences.
How many miles have you accumulated? Any problems? Tips to get the best performance?
It's hard to tell how many miles you have on an ocean current as they have no LCD, an option that me and everyone else was promised, one of the reasons I bought mine, and it never happened. My frame is obsolete as I can't even bring it up to date with the better controller because of the frame. Nothing was ever done about this and I have had a ticket on this for a year and nothing was ever done about it, thank you very much. Every time I bad mouth juiced Bikes about it I get banned from this forum so I pretty much gave up but every now and then I think about it and it really pisses me off but such is life. I better shut up or i'll get banned again. Needless to say, I'm not real fond of the way juiced does business but I don't think Tora likes me anyway so no biggie.

Bought one for my wife and myself last October (17). The experience has been great. One shipping issue. Missing top plastic handlebar post, may have dropped out during shipping. Juice send out the missing part as soon as I notified them.

Miles are estimated at ~400. Screenshot 2018-08-13 at 10.16.52 AM.png I like the analog speedo.
Maintenance has been very minor tighten cables and screws. No failed parts or workmanship errors.

As a cruiser style bike it is used on bike rail trails and some road travel. I occasionally use it to do a store or run an errand. This bike is used mostly for exercise and fun. The bikes are equipped with the 12.8 battery upgrade which is plenty for our use. I did a 25 mile ride at higher speeds in level 3 and sport mode which brought the battery light down to three lights. Battery life should be many years since they are not cycled charged frequently. No need to buy a expensive charger.

Trail riding speeds vary. If they are busy 8-12 mph is the norm slowing down further with walkers. Off times with no traffic safe speeds are 18 mph average. Slow speeds are at eco or 1 assist mode. higher speeds are at 3 assist mode typically sport mode steep hills or 24+ mph. Of course distance and speed vary and dependant on what you need most. the bike is a good balance for its design and intended use.

Some accessories for improvement.

Bike rack for my bike only.Screenshot 2018-08-13 at 10.48.03 AM.png plus pannier.
Speedo above and one for my wife's bike.Screenshot 2018-08-13 at 10.50.14 AM.png
Locks on both. Screenshot 2018-08-13 at 10.52.10 AM.png Has a cable insert to secure to rack.
Car bike rack for both. (maybe another post)

Performance, the bike does what it is designed for. The torque sensor and software in the controller works flawlessly. I follow the CCS guys in this forum for idea's and information, but they typically use their bikes for heavy/higher mileage city, commuting, and road riding.

Bought one for my wife and myself last October (17). The experience has been great. One shipping issue. Missing top plastic handlebar post, may have dropped out during shipping. Juice send out the missing part as soon as I notified them.

Miles are estimated at ~400. View attachment 24560 I like the analog speedo.
Maintenance has been very minor tighten cables and screws. No failed parts or workmanship errors.

As a cruiser style bike it is used on bike rail trails and some road travel. I occasionally use it to do a store or run an errand. This bike is used mostly for exercise and fun. The bikes are equipped with the 12.8 battery upgrade which is plenty for our use. I did a 25 mile ride at higher speeds in level 3 and sport mode which brought the battery light down to three lights. Battery life should be many years since they are not cycled charged frequently. No need to buy a expensive charger.

Trail riding speeds vary. If they are busy 8-12 mph is the norm slowing down further with walkers. Off times with no traffic safe speeds are 18 mph average. Slow speeds are at eco or 1 assist mode. higher speeds are at 3 assist mode typically sport mode steep hills or 24+ mph. Of course distance and speed vary and dependant on what you need most. the bike is a good balance for its design and intended use.

Some accessories for improvement.

Bike rack for my bike only.View attachment 24562 plus pannier.
Speedo above and one for my wife's bike.View attachment 24563
Locks on both. View attachment 24564 Has a cable insert to secure to rack.
Car bike rack for both. (maybe another post)

Performance, the bike does what it is designed for. The torque sensor and software in the controller works flawlessly. I follow the CCS guys in this forum for idea's and information, but they typically use their bikes for heavy/higher mileage city, commuting, and road riding.
Thanks for sharing pics and experiences. These bikes are very good looking, especially the step-through compared to other step-through ebikes.

Have one in the olive green - looks great. Overall I'm quite pleased. Probably about 100 - 200 miles total riding. Battery life is great and the power is more than adequate. Shipped quickly and no problems with packaging or assembly. Fun for casual riding. Works well on hard pack beach sand. Lot's of compliments on the look. Almost no one knows it's an e-bike.

A few critiques:

1. cruiser style isn't the best handling bike - but that's a style issue rather than anything specific to Juiced
2. decals on the side are cheap and not well applied.
3. paint on tube under the battery is thin and not well applied. you don't see it when the battery is in.
4. battery still difficult to seat into the frame but getting better at it.
5. seat post relatively short so no opportunity for me to add suspension post.
6. handle bars curve back so far that hands don't naturally sit on them - again, more of a cruiser thing.

If you are looking for a cruiser style it's a good deal.

Mine came with several loose spokes and the brakes were a bugger to get adjusted. Also the handlebar slipped easily in the stem.
Once sorted out though, it's a blast to ride. The fat tires and long, thin handlebar absorb road irregularities well. Lots of traction in corners. Peppy motor, comfortable seat.
Brake adjustment gets easier after bedding in the pads.

My brakes needed considerable adjustment as well, still haven't gotten them exactly right. Have had the handle bar issue as well.

I mostly use this for bobbing around at the beach including riding the hard pack by the water. Perfect for this use.

Funny seeing these recent comments about the brakes just after getting my oceancurrent. Working on my brakes now and holy cow these are a pain. Really wish it came with their 3d printed adjustment tool which is sold out, I cannot seem get these things aligned without it or a better pair of pliers.

Funny seeing these recent comments about the brakes just after getting my oceancurrent. Working on my brakes now and holy cow these are a pain. Really wish it came with their 3d printed adjustment tool which is sold out, I cannot seem get these things aligned without it or a better pair of pliers.
Barely loosen the 2 Allen heads that hold the caliper to the bike frame, pull the corresponding brake lever and tighten the Allen heads back up, adjust your cable and your done.

Got it all sorted, not as bad as I thought it would be but did have to remove them entirely to adjust since there wasn't enough space between the pads to begin with. Had a great maiden voyage, this is lot of bike for the price. Did anyone ever find out if they can get a light wired into this bike? There's an unused plug tucked into the frame that seems like it could be used for one. I assume its proprietary but Juiced has a light that they sell on their site. Its sold out so I figure I'll hold off asking their support until its back in stock, wonder if anyone here successfully used it for something though.

Got it all sorted, not as bad as I thought it would be but did have to remove them entirely to adjust since there wasn't enough space between the pads to begin with. Had a great maiden voyage, this is lot of bike for the price. Did anyone ever find out if they can get a light wired into this bike? There's an unused plug tucked into the frame that seems like it could be used for one. I assume its proprietary but Juiced has a light that they sell on their site. Its sold out so I figure I'll hold off asking their support until its back in stock, wonder if anyone here successfully used it for something though.
I hooked up my CCS headlight to the unused plug and it works.
We ordered the 10w 1050 lumen headlight from juiced about a month ago, it showed to be in stock at the time, but still hasn't shipped. It's a good light, and plugs right in, but frankly, I haven't had good luck ordering accessories from this seller. It took me six weeks to get a set of tires.
I hate to cut the wires to use an aftermarket light, but it's an option.

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased two Ocean Current’s for the wife and I and couldn’t be more thrilled! This is a very well designed bike. My first experience with a e-bike was around 2002 when I purchased a 250watt twist throttle bike from Walmart. My wife would tow our children on bike rides and it worked well. Fast forward to today and what a difference!

Pedal assist with torque sensor is fantastic and the peppy motor just has to be ridden to appreciate. The bike is super comfortable to ride and I’m very happy with the quality components used for the money paid. My son has taken over my bike and has a grin every time he flies by me:) I’m 48 and looking for a more relaxed ride and I found it. I sold both my other bikes once I did I a long ride on the Ocean Current. My neighbors have all ridden the bike and are floored how smooth, comfortable and good looking the bike is.

Well done Tora Harris! You have found the right balance between quality and affordability. Please don’t get rid of the Ocean Current. I’m now in love with the relaxed riding style. I have never ridden this much in a week of ownership!

Nicholas

Attachments

• 8DE99286-6572-40E6-8A8C-1AB2C821AD27.jpeg
    8DE99286-6572-40E6-8A8C-1AB2C821AD27.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 552
Back