Nyon Upgrade in USA worked out of the box!

My web portal shows miles, My Nyon shows miles. The new Android app is in kilometers and, for the life of me, I can't seem to find where to change that over from metric to imperial

To install the 2.0.3 version apk file on android, do I first need to uninstall the 1.6.4 version? It is probably a stupid question, but I am a complete novice on the Android platform.

To install the 2.0.3 version apk file on android, do I first need to uninstall the 1.6.4 version? It is probably a stupid question, but I am a complete novice on the Android platform.
It will update the existing app. No need to uninstall it.

Here is a link to a download source for the latest Android apk file for bosch ebike connect app ver 2.0.3

https://m.apkpure.com/bosch-ebike-connect/com.bosch.ebike
I am not having much luck with the file in this link. After downloading it to my phone, I get a "parse error" when I try to install it. I have downloaded it and tried several times. I even tried downloading it with the computer then copying over to the phone. Either I am doing something wrong or the file is corrupt.

Edit: I think I figured out what is going on ... my phone is too old. They raised the requirements for the supported Android version, and my phone (not up-gradable) is below that version. It seems as though I will be shopping for a new phone before spring.

Last edited:
lol at the above conversation.
I finally got a response to my Bosch account.

Your user profile has been deactivated because you did not click on the activation link below.

Please click on the confirmation link below to reactivate your user profile.

So, I clicked and got a brand new account.
NONE of my previous data, rides or Nyon are in this account.
I was scrubbed away.
Thanks Bosch, I have another 1000 miles on my bike since I replaced the Intuvia with this Nyon.
All those Syncs have disappeared.

My web portal shows miles, My Nyon shows miles. The new Android app is in kilometers and, for the life of me, I can't seem to find where to change that over from metric to imperial
Have you found a solution - I have just upgraded and hit the same problem.
Also new app does not report average power watts in activity summary :-(

Have you found a solution - I have just upgraded and hit the same problem.
Also new app does not report average power watts in activity summary :-(
Average/peak power are one of the data options for either the custom ride or fitness screens.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I was unable to update the Ebike Connect app to the 2.0.3 version because my Android version was too old and not supported on 2.0.3, although the 1.6.4 version ran just fine. However, Bosch must have done something on the server end to disable the old version, as it started giving an error when I tried to log in … something to the effect that "the server is down for maintenance … try again later". So I bit the bullet and got a new smartphone with Android 8.0. I just completed the update on the Nyon and the phone app today. The update went without a hitch, but I had a heck of a time getting the Nyon to forget my old phone pairing and pair with my new phone. Both the Nyon and phone would say that the pairing was successful but when I would log into the app the Nyon and the phone would not respond to each other. When returning to the Nyon Bluetooth connection screen the pairing would no longer show (although it was still showing on the phone.) After several reboots of the Nyon and phone, several attempts to stop, restart and pair the Bluetooth on both devices, and many tries of logging out and logging back in on the app, I finally got it to stick. So hopefully I am good to go (as soon as spring comes so I can take my bike out again).

I am really weak in Android knowledge, so I must have been doing something wrong. I don't have a clue though about what I did wrong or what finally fixed it.

I am really weak in Android knowledge, so I must have been doing something wrong. I don't have a clue though about what I did wrong or what finally fixed it.
Congratulations on your persistence working it out. Good to hear you finally got it working. Hopefully you will get some breaks in the winter weather and can get out to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

8 GB Nyon with controller on eBay - $339 + $9 shipping, ships from California. I saw this on eBay today...not a bad price for the 8GB model with controller. If I hadn't already bought my 1 GB Nyon I would go for it. It is listed as Used condition, but never used. This is the same seller I bought my 1 GB Nyon from. He shipped quickly and everything was in new condition even though it was also listed as Used.

If you are considering an upgrade from the Intuvia to the Nyon, this is worth looking at IMO.

8 GB Nyon with controller on eBay - $339 + $9 shipping, ships from California. I saw this on eBay today...not a bad price for the 8GB model with controller. If I hadn't already bought my 1 GB Nyon I would go for it. It is listed as Used condition, but never used. This is the same seller I bought my 1 GB Nyon from. He shipped quickly and everything was in new condition even though it was also listed as Used.

If you are considering an upgrade from the Intuvia to the Nyon, this is worth looking at IMO.

Hmmmm, just got my second ebike. Raleigh Magnus iE which comes with the Purion display.
It won't get the cross country use my FullSeven gets so maybe the 1G version on the Raleigh and the 8G version on the FullSeven.
Y'all are damaging to my bank account.
lol
;)

I'm not sure that 8Gigs are necessary. On my 1G model I have all the maps of California downloaded to it and still have room.... other then that not sure where storage is an issue to be concerned about.

I'm not sure that 8Gigs are necessary. On my 1G model I have all the maps of California downloaded to it and still have room.... other then that not sure where storage is an issue to be concerned about.

I have Utah and New Mexico loaded on my 1G model and it's out of useful memory.
It won't handle another state and there are several I'd like to have available.

I had Washington and British Columbia on my 1gig. I deleted them for my trip to California and will be restoring them upon my return home. Not a big deal for a significant savings.

I have Utah and New Mexico loaded on my 1G model and it's out of useful memory.
It won't handle another state and there are several I'd like to have available.
You know that you can download the offline maps into your Bosch ebike connect app?
The Nyon will just get them from the phone when needed. And if you don't have them offline on your phone and you have reception for mobile data, it will even download the area you are rinding in while you are riding (if enabled in the app). No big deal, it will even work if there are no maps installed on the Nyon at all.
Even though I have two 8GB Nyon as spare, I am still using my almost 9 years old 1GB Nyon in the US and all over Germany with no problems.

Last edited:
Back