NuVinci H|Sync retrofit Bosch PerformanceLine CX

Lestola

Have any of you bought NuVinci hub and H|Sync gear shifter from aftermarket and fitted it to own eBike?

I have ongoing project to retrofit NuVinci system to my bike and to Bosch performanceline CX..

I have ordered following parts:
-NuVinci N380 hub
-NuVinci H|Sync shifter module
-20T Sprocket
-Sprocket sensor
-Hub sensor
-cable from H|Sync to Bosch motor
-Intuvia display kit (I have purion installed ATM)

I have to order following parts soon:
-29” rim
-36 spokes
-Y-Cable that contains Bosch Can Bus socket

Is there anyone thinking same kind of project? :) Is there anyone who has done it?

Questions that I have in my mind:
-Does NuVinci cadence option appear to Intuvia display automatically when I plug in Can Bus or do I have to go to dealer to to enable it?
-Is there anything else (missing parts or something) that I haven’t noticed....

Comments please! :)

I don't have any experience doing this but, for what it's worth, I asked my LBS about replacing the Shimano 8-speed internal hub on my 2018 Gazelle Arroyo (Bosch Performance Line motor) with a regular Nuvinci hub (no H|Sync) and they said it'd be extremely time consuming with lots of complications to work through. They didn't go into much detail, but it has something to do with the Bosch motor being programmed to work with a specific gear system and gear range.

I don't have any experience doing this but, for what it's worth, I asked my LBS about replacing the Shimano 8-speed internal hub on my 2018 Gazelle Arroyo (Bosch Performance Line motor) with a regular Nuvinci hub (no H|Sync) and they said it'd be extremely time consuming with lots of complications to work through. They didn't go into much detail, but it has something to do with the Bosch motor being programmed to work with a specific gear system and gear range.

Ok.. thanks for information.. :) I have to talk with my eBike dealer about this issue.. I’ll report here when I get more information about it! :) It’s true that there are some gear adjustments.. my dealer mentioned about it last time I visited there (I went there to update my purion). I have to ask what kind of settings there are for gears..

Last edited:
Ok.. thanks for information.. :) I have to talk with my eBike dealer about this issue.. I’ll report here when I get more information about it! :) It’s true that there are some gear adjustments.. my dealer mentioned about it last time I visited there (I went there to update my purion). I have to ask what kind of settings there are for gears..
Good luck and let us know how it goes! I've come to really enjoy the Nuvinci hub. Hope you can get yours up and running soon!

Back