Noise from Motor ( video )

Bobby

Hi guys,

I'm still riding my 2016 Voltbike Yukon . Maybe only 4-5000 kms on it, but have now noticed a metallic ' clanging' noise coming from the rear wheel when the motor is engaged , either with throttle alone or when pedaling,

Anybody have an idea what might be causing this? I'm almost about ready to pull the trigger and send back the motor to Voltbike for a full core replacement . I don't have a stand or tools to inspect the motor myself unfortunately :-(

thanks for any help!

Hi guys,

I'm still riding my 2016 Voltbike Yukon . Maybe only 4-5000 kms on it, but have now noticed a metallic ' clanging' noise coming from the rear wheel when the motor is engaged , either with throttle alone or when pedaling,

Anybody have an idea what might be causing this? I'm almost about ready to pull the trigger and send back the motor to Voltbike for a full core replacement . I don't have a stand or tools to inspect the motor myself unfortunately :-(

thanks for any help!
Think of getting A) a new bike or B) and new hub-drive wheel of the same voltage. Five years is a good run and the technology has improved. The reason I mentioned option A is that other things such as the battery will soon start to fail and it may not be a wise investment to put more money into this bike.

Lol, clearly the video format wasn't allowed (.mov) Anyway, yeah I think I'll try to get a new motor replacement before I give up on this magnificent tank of a bike. Lukily I have a spare battery too, so ( for now ) I've still got a couple years left of fun with it.
Thanks for the response!

Sounds like a plan. If the guts can be swapped out then it is not too difficult.

Hi guys,

thanks for any help!
Hmm. I have a similar problem. Will listen more carefully for clang but being quite deaf a lot of clicks and squeaks go right by me. My motor makes a grinding noise.

Hmm. I have a similar problem. Will listen more carefully for clang but being quite deaf a lot of clicks and squeaks go right by me. My motor makes a grinding noise.
Sounds like your hub motor's gears could be missing a few teeth! Mine was in bits! Amazed I even got around on it until I replaced the entire thing.

Back