No braze on your forks, but want to use Salsa Everything cages or the like? Here is another option.

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
The Old Man Mountain Axle Pack is unlike any cargo mount we’ve seen before. It adds a three-pack of mount to forks without eyelets, including suspension forks! Find photos, specs, and all the essential details here…

There are an amazing number of products out there that do exactly this, and there are also quite plausible DIY solutions and hacks that can do the job just fine.

When I'm not using the downtube range extender battery, I made this water bottle cage adapter that fits on the battery mount:

IMG_1203a.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg

For the current type of riding I do I really don’t care for front suspension. I don’t bomb down single track and fire roads like I used to back when I was younger. IMO, I personally find it much more practical to have a rigid fork with multiple braze-ons. One reason why I swapped out the suspension fork the bike came with for a suspension corrected rigid fork.
I’m pretty sure it has to do with marketing, why almost all mountain and ‘adventure’ type bikes come with front suspension.

My opinion has been that with the common availability of suspension seat posts and suspension stems the remaining justification for suspension forks and full suspension really is only for riding janky terrain. If most or nearly all of your riding is on roads, even atrocious unpaved roads, you don't really need the extra weight, cost, and maintenance.

Back