Nitro 48v battery on Neo 36v bikes.

Power me and 86 and still kicking. The perfect solution for you would be a speed hack.
You keep the range and top speed you have now when you want this. Then youbchoose higher top speed and lower range when you want this.
I use high top speed when I commute and long range when I use the bike for work out.
Maybe the best part of speed hacking is more torque.
It is just so much fun to take the bike to a city and out accelerate everyone.

Even though it is almost two years I got the bike The speed hack does that I still dayly getvthecsame adrenalinecrush that I got the day I picked up the bike from thecdealer :).
And how do you do this speed hack?

Peter, have you noticed any difference with the LCD display using the Nitro battery on a Neo bike? Everything works, functions, the same on the display?

Peter, have you noticed any difference with the LCD display using the Nitro battery on a Neo bike? Everything works, functions, the same on the display?

Yep. Everything is the same on the display. Only difference is higher numbers when you read the LCD display :).

Is it because it is 48v that it will give a speed boost? I am looking here: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) and they have an option called "48 volt Neo" - Will this work?

Edit: In case someone is like me and looking for possible retailers, these I have found so far:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
http://shop.scooteretti.com/products/easy-motion-battery
http://propelbikes.com

please post more if you find any.. I am unable to find any european retailers

Last edited:
Is it because it is 48v that it will give a speed boost? I am looking here: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) and they have an option called "48 volt Neo" - Will this work?

Edit: In case someone is like me and looking for possible retailers, these I have found so far:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
http://shop.scooteretti.com/products/easy-motion-battery
http://propelbikes.com

please post more if you find any.. I am unable to find any european retailers

Yes. The battery you are linking to is the right one. And OMG it is cheap in the US. Almost half the price compared to EU. Remember you also need a new charger.

Yes more V gives more power.
With my booster pack/speed hack I cycle with 54v which gives an amazing acceleration. To my memory the difference in acceleration between Neo battery and Nitro battery is not that big.

If you want a european dealer send me a PM. I know one :).

OK, Peter - Sent you a PM.

I got in touch with a representative from motostrano.com, and he did not think a 48v battery would make any difference. But I think maybe they would never admit it.. maybe?

OK, Peter - Sent you a PM.

I got in touch with a representative from motostrano.com, and he did not think a 48v battery would make any difference. But I think maybe they would never admit it.. maybe?

Who do you believe most. A representative who thinks something or a real world BH Neo owner who knows something :).
It works. Proved by a least 5 BH owners. I have also seen videos on youtube.

Of course I want to believe :) I think I will give it a go and report back.

Do you have any links to the youtube video for demonstration?

Last edited:
Interesting.....I rode a Nitro Cross and compared with my Neo Carbon. The difference was negligible. Certainly not enough to warrant spending money.

Got notified by the post office that my battery has arrived.. So I am going to try this out tonight. If I have not posted anything by tomorrow, I have died in a battery explosion incident..
If you don't hear from me, please tell my wife.. she did indeed look fat in that dress.

God bless.

Got notified by the post office that my battery has arrived.. So I am going to try this out tonight. If I have not posted anything by tomorrow, I have died in a battery explosion incident..
If you don't hear from me, please tell my wife.. she did indeed look fat in that dress.

God bless.
Make sure to get a top speed via GPS verification for us and a comparison between that and your other battery. I'll be waiting for you next post!

Ok, I will make a more extensive report later. I went to the post office and received my package. Had to pay a hefty toll/tax fee, oh well :-/
I replaced the battery then and there. An immediate difference was the sound from the motor. I could hear it worked harder or "gave more" or how to describe it.
And the speed, yes. Definitely an improvement. No placebo effect.I couldn't try to max it on the roads from the post office to my house, there are too many bumps and turns. No good flat asphalt.

Immediate con: The sound from the charger. Here is a clip where you can listen to an example:

Here is a picture:
WP_20150626_18_40_59_LQ.jpg

Last edited:
I tested a few Easy Motion bikes yesterday and was impressed with them overall. I wonder when the "straight" 48v Nitro batteries will be available for the recent EMotion bikes with the straight down tubes? I know that there is a 2015 Nitro Race available outside of the US with the straight down tube and battery.

No idea if these will be backwards compatible with 2015 EVO models, but the 2016 EVO models (which will get announced in September and roll out between late Jan and March) will have 48v batteries.

I tested a few Easy Motion bikes yesterday and was impressed with them overall. I wonder when the "straight" 48v Nitro batteries will be available for the recent EMotion bikes with the straight down tubes? I know that there is a 2015 Nitro Race available outside of the US with the straight down tube and battery.

There are several models with 48V system for the 2016 year.

That's great news! Are we expecting that the Nitro Race will be available in the US at some point?

That's great news! Are we expecting that the Nitro Race will be available in the US at some point?

Perhaps next year but it is not clear. They should announce the 2016 models by September this year (Interbike 2015) and we will have an answer by then.

Ok, I will make a more extensive report later. I went to the post office and received my package. Had to pay a hefty toll/tax fee, oh well :-/
I replaced the battery then and there. An immediate difference was the sound from the motor. I could hear it worked harder or "gave more" or how to describe it.
And the speed, yes. Definitely an improvement. No placebo effect.I couldn't try to max it on the roads from the post office to my house, there are too many bumps and turns. No good flat asphalt.

Immediate con: The sound from the charger. Here is a clip where you can listen to an example:

Here is a picture:
View attachment 3523

54V chargers do have inbuilt fan and make noise.
Also, from Warranty perspective, I wouldn't suggest a 350W motor at higher voltages for long periods of time. 500W motor is suited for that.

There are no plans to offer 48v batteries for any of our EVO bikes. If we decide to produce additional 48v models in the EVO form factor, then yes. I would also agree with Lenny on attempting to run a standards 350w motor with a 48v power source, not recommended.

Back