Nitro 48v battery on Neo 36v bikes.

Personally, it's not worth the risk to put a 48v Nitro battery into a 36v NEO bike for the reasons Ravi stated. Go with a 12ah battery, unless you need extra torque and speed. If you want to put a 48v Nitro battery in a NEO just remember you know own a "kit" bike w/o a warranty. For some that's fine, but for most it's too much risk. Take that from someone who has been modding motorcycles, cars and other toys for over 30 years. It's a heap of fun, but you do so often with considerable risk ($$$ and safety). Just because something appears to work, doesn't mean it will stand the test of time.

What I have to often remind folks is that we are talking about bicycles here. If you can't get up a hill w/o more effort than whats needed on one of our bikes, it might be time for a motorcycle or scooter. Having measured a 730w continuous output at full boost on our "350w" motor, I'd say by most folks standards, that's pretty decent. Maybe that's why I have outclimbed a Specialized Turbo, Lapierre Bosch mid-drive mountain bike, Currie E3 Peak, and Stromer Elite on our 650b Jumper and with more comfort. Anyway, everyone has to find what works best for them.

Will technology improve, absolutely! Will battery capacity and motor efficiency also improve, certainly. When that happens I hope to be the first in line. In the meanwhile, there are some great choices our there, so find (or build) the best bike for you...and enjoy the ride seeing as today is all we have!

Peace.
Well put brother. While anything is possible to a point it always good to remember you go it alone with modifications. If you have the financial wherewithal and time to experiment more power too you. I will keep an envious eye watching. I am reminded of my days experimenting with dino burning motorcycles and a well equipped shop and tons of time to fill after my wife passed. I took my perfectly good new Vstar 1100 and proceeded to tear it to pieces in search of a tire burning sleeper/cruiser. Of course compromise was out of the question. I needed at least 100 plus HP and rock solid reliability. After countless hours in the shop hand working every conceivable piece, scouring the aftermarket for parts, bugging my machinist friends endlessly, and custom configuration of the brain I finally achieved 120 hp on the dyno. Needless to say I probably spent three times the cost of the orginal machine not counting my time. 135 mph no problem go west and set the cruise. Ever see a shaft drive bike tear up a spoked rear assembly...not pretty, road rash optional. Not to mention a maximum of 20K mile rebuild of the gearbox required (why did they put that sucker in the crankcase) and never knew you could twist a driveshaft or destroy knuckles. Anyway love my baby and still going after getting close to 200k. Looks nice in the shop and still get the wild hair once in awhile like to blow the socks off the kids. But seriously I dabble with some conversions and have a 48v 1000w 40mph screamer that is taking up space next to it. What do I grab when I want to ride though. Neo Jet with fenders, rack and a handlebar mounted bottle cage, or my Stromer Sport with Big Apples. I'm used but not used up still like to push the edge on occasion, but seriously how practical is a dragster? Stock machines perform adequate for this old gray hair and are improving daily without all the personal sacrifice doing the R&D on your own involves. To those of you willing to push the envelope my hats off, for now I'll sit in the stands, but sure would give my eyetooth for an invite to the pits or a test ride now and then. Enjoy and keep those tires smoking....

There has been a lot of questions about this in different threads so will start a new one to have all info in one thread.

Will try to answer all your questions about 48v Nitro battery on 36v bikes.

Yes. You can put a Nitro battery on any BH Neo 2013-2014 model. Thats it. No need to swap controllers or rear wheel. Top speed on euro bikes increase 10 kmh. An Australien has a Nitro battery on his Cross. I have a friend with a Nitro. Borrowed his battery for a few days. Tried it on my 2014 Race and 2013 Jumper. No problems. Just higher top speed but lower range. My range in boost mode is 80 km with my 12 amp 36v battery on the Race. With Nitro battery the range drops to 50 km.

I have heard of no issues with a Nitro battery on a 36v bike but of course it will affect your warranty.

Yes you can fit a Nitro battery to a Cross.

In my EU country a Nitro battery is 1000 dollars. The you have to add a new charger also.

To 86 and still kicking. I would seriously consider a Nitro battery for your bike. Its a 100 percent match. Both in colors and in the frame. I know you have made a lot of custom changes to your bike. Then you keep this instead of investing in a new bike. One thing to consider though is the danger of increased speed. In my country 5 people have died on ebikes in the last two years. All above 80 years old.

Peter, do you think there is a chance of damaging the 350 Watt motor of a Neo Cross by using a 48 v Nitro battery, not immediately, but in the long term?

When will BH make a 12A 48V battery. Range is dismal on the Nitro line and a 12 or even 14a battery will help.

I have used a booster battery on my 250w euro bike for more than half a year and more than 1000 kms. I still have the same range and top speed as when the bike was new The booster battery makes the bike have more than 48v.
Two or three Australiens use a 48v battery on a 36v bike. I have heard of no troubles.

I tried the 48v battery on my neo carbon. Yeah, it works. I was getting assist up to at least 26 mph. Now to order the battery! : )

Intersting. I thought it would be faster on a 350w bike. I have tried it on a 250w bike and got the same topspeed as you.

Intersting. I thought it would be faster on a 350w bike. I have tried it on a 250w bike and got the same topspeed as you.
UPDATE. I just received my 48V Nitro Battery. It will do about 24MPH (Shhh don't tell) in throttle only mode. And it seems to assist up to 30+mph.
I may have to find some more robust tires for this thing. 30MPH is very fast on a bicycle!

UPDATE. I just received my 48V Nitro Battery. It will do about 24MPH (Shhh don't tell) in throttle only mode. And it seems to assist up to 30+mph.
I may have to find some more robust tires for this thing. 30MPH is very fast on a bicycle!

Yes. I knew. That is really cool numbers.
Now you have a bike that is just as fast as the Nitro models. Congrats :).

Speed would be so much fun, but massively increased range is my personal holy grail, which is not what a greater voltage will achieve.

To 86 and Still Kicking, Did you ultimately purchase a 48V battery and try it on your Neo Carbon?
No I did not. I was unsure of reliability and range. Can anyone tell me what a 48V battery will do for range on the Neo Carbon? I considered buying a Nitro but the difference in power between the nominal 350/500W motors is very small and the 9A battery reduces range. Could not see the value proposition in the Nitro especially given that they did not apply EVO engineering upgrades to the Nitro line.

I may HAVE to do this. Let's know if you have any issues

Power me and 86 and still kicking. The perfect solution for you would be a speed hack.
You keep the range and top speed you have now when you want this. Then youbchoose higher top speed and lower range when you want this.
I use high top speed when I commute and long range when I use the bike for work out.
Maybe the best part of speed hacking is more torque.
It is just so much fun to take the bike to a city and out accelerate everyone.

Even though it is almost two years I got the bike The speed hack does that I still dayly getvthecsame adrenalinecrush that I got the day I picked up the bike from thecdealer :).

On a euro Neo Race My Range is just above 80 km with the normal battery.
With the Nitro battery my range is around 50 km in boost mode

Not sure a Neo 48V battery would fit in an EVO street, unless the Neo battery is straight, not the old curved type.

Back