Nireeka Prime 1.5kW high-power 37mph e-bike enters the ring

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley

nireeka prime e-bike

The bike’s carbon monocoque frame is certainly a unique head-turner. And while it doesn’t offer suspension, it at least rides on 4-inch fat tires that should add some comfort back in to the ride. The Prime’s mid-drive motor is capable of propelling the bike up to 37.5mph (60 km/h), according to the company. And while the bike is described as “lightweight,” it still weighs in at 57lb (26 kg). Though to be fair, with heavy parts like that big motor and dual fat tires, I would have expected the bike to be even heavier. The motor alone weighs over 11lb (5.3 kg), to put that into perspective.

Oddly enough, the Nireeka Prime features a smaller 160mm disc brake rotor on the front with a larger 180mm disc brake rotor on the rear. Generally the front disc is larger because more braking force is applied to the front wheel of a bicycle or motorcycle. Nireeka does offer the option to upgrade to larger 203mm discs. And the brakes are Shimano hydraulics, so they should give strong braking performance either way. But larger discs, of course, give better braking power and also help prevent the brakes from overheating on long descents.

The Nireeka Prime comes with a 48V 10Ah battery, but its 480Wh total capacity is less than impressive for a bike of this size and power level. Fortunately, there’s a battery upgrade option for an 840Wh battery. That’s the minimum I’d want on a bike like this, though pedal assist does help e-bikes get away with less battery capacity. Speaking of pedal assist, that appears to be the only option. Nireeka makes no mention of a throttle, and it is not visible in any product shots, despite a throttle being a common option with this powerful motor.

The company rates the Nireeka Prime for 31 miles (51km) of range with the standard battery pack, a figure that is only possible when using pedal assist. Upgrading to the larger battery should help the bike achieve up to 50 miles (80km) of range, according to Nireeka. The company is currently crowdfunding the bike on Indiegogo, where it is collecting $100 deposits toward the $1,999 sale price (marked down from a supposed $3,999 MSRP).

And while Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns of course require a bit of due diligence and faith on the part of backers, this isn’t Nireeka’s first rodeo. The company previously crowdfunded and delivered their first electric bicycle, the Homie, a couple years ago. So this isn’t a pop-up company.

nireeka prime e-bike

Left: Nireeka Homie; Right: Nireeka Prime

They collected $1.8 million from 4,500 backers and delivered bikes to over 50 countries. That doesn’t necessarily mean that your deposit is safe, but it might make some feel a bit better knowing the company has a proven track record and ability to deliver.

Nice looking bike. Universal size seems optimized for shorter people. Closer to $2650 after minimum upgrades.

$1999 bike
$349 shipping
$199 upgrade battery
$99 203mm rotors

Less critical upgrades:
$99 front suspension
$200 CF handlebar, seatpost, headset
$20 smart tail light
$69 quick charger
$69 pearlized color
$89 display (I'd probably opt for eggrider instead)

for 2k is great value, not sure what to use it for , it has no rear rack , can it take one ?
w/o a rack is not very usefull

for 2k is great value, not sure what to use it for , it has no rear rack , can it take one ?
w/o a rack is not very useful

Looks like it could take a Seatpost or Seatstay mounted rack... without a problem. ;)

Did this bike ever come to be ? If so , I want one . Where can I buy it ?
Did you read the linked article? ... according to their website: ;)
Hello awesome backers!
It's been a month since the last update and more than half of the bikes already shipped and some of the backers already have their bikes for a week or so now.
We already finished painting all the matte black frames and all the bikes have been shipped. The remaining bikes are still in the painting stage and all the red and white frames should be done in the next two weeks, no matter what your order number is. We had a slight delay in the supply chain due to the pandemic so it caused a delay in our assembly line. Our team is working seamlessly to avoid any further delay by sourcing the parts from different channels while maintaining the same quality.

Things like this will get the whole ebike business in trouble, this is actually a low power Electric Motorcycle-Have we got to the point we are reinventing the wheel? some of these sub 30 mph ebikes are going to start rolling in the casualties one day, what then? Will we have to go "underground"? I admit this is a sweet design-Will there ever be a class 4 bike?

Things like this will get the whole ebike business in trouble, this is actually a low power Electric Motorcycle-Have we got to the point we are reinventing the wheel? some of these sub 30 mph ebikes are going to start rolling in the casualties one day, what then? Will we have to go "underground"? I admit this is a sweet design-Will there ever be a class 4 bike?
What do you think the garage builders are building with the 72 v systems and 6K motors ? You dont have to buy one , stay with your step thru 250 watt hub motor bikes .

I just talked to them and the bike wouldnt get to me before Feb . Seeing that I'm 71 and in not so great health I may not be alive when it gets here so I'll pass . lol

apparently tactfulness escapes you( not saying that you are rude) the low power motorcycle in question is closer to a moped with probably vestigial pedals, the world has its share( more than enough) of bullies and cheaters. If You tube is an indication of how people act( not the majority thankfully) Somebody zooming down a walking trail with people pets and kids at 34 mph there is no place for such actions'
I think its a wonderful piece of kit, thing is why cant we have a legal class 4?

Did you read the linked article? ... according to their website: ;)
Hello awesome backers!
It's been a month since the last update and more than half of the bikes already shipped and some of the backers already have their bikes for a week or so now.
We already finished painting all the matte black frames and all the bikes have been shipped. The remaining bikes are still in the painting stage and all the red and white frames should be done in the next two weeks, no matter what your order number is. We had a slight delay in the supply chain due to the pandemic so it caused a delay in our assembly line. Our team is working seamlessly to avoid any further delay by sourcing the parts from different channels while maintaining the same quality.

I have one on the way, in the Pearlized Red finish.

Can I get one? I found out Mopeds are vehicle tax free here and I can probably slip this machine in under the radar in a lot of places, I just ordered the tags for me wifes SUV and was hit with a $46 fuel efficient fee, thats right VA now charges you extra to drive a fuel efficient vehicle, the charge for EVS is $80 + we take one step forward and 2 steps back around here.
I always thought this was a good looking machine and you say "Red Pearl?" that is fantastic,I usually default to white , but I am a lover of "Red Pearl' one of my trucks was this color. Another question can this bike be outfitted with a rack?

I talked to them about buying one . Apparently they take your money and then build it and when it's done they ship it and you get it 5-6 weeks later . I'm not big on giving people money to finance their company so I declined .
I then went to Ariel Riders about the Class D and they sell theirs by the batch so if I pay for it now I can expect them to send it out (maybe) on the 14th of Dec . Hmm , does anyone keep bikes in stock ? Info is pretty sketchy about them and I would like to see videos of these on and off the trails in mountainous terrain before I go any further . At least they are in the US and thats a plus paying for something in advance especially by Paypal .

Yes I am all over the board with types of e-bikes I have and like but I have the money to buy them so why not ?

Right on, after I learned something about my "Motherly" state yesterday I would really like to get one,I could fly under the radar with this bike and I really like the looks of this machine,I wouldn't expect it to be a EMTB, after a little contemplation I realized there is another thing I could do with a bike of this power and one of the Guys said you could get it in Cherry Pearl and CP is one of my favorite vehicle colors One of my trucks was this color Another thing was for the accouterments this bike was among the best at the price point and I will be looking at the Ariel's, the Full suspension fat tire mini is on my list because it overperforms and flies under the radar( wished I had a bit more money) for now one of the Leon or EUNORAU bikes will probably be my next purchase.

Right on, after I learned something about my "Motherly" state yesterday I would really like to get one,I could fly under the radar with this bike and I really like the looks of this machine,I wouldn't expect it to be a EMTB, after a little contemplation I realized there is another thing I could do with a bike of this power and one of the Guys said you could get it in Cherry Pearl and CP is one of my favorite vehicle colors One of my trucks was this color Another thing was for the accouterments this bike was among the best at the price point and I will be looking at the Ariel's, the Full suspension fat tire mini is on my list because it overperforms and flies under the radar( wished I had a bit more money) for now one of the Leon or EUNORAU bikes will probably be my next purchase.

I have two Eunorau bikes , they are pretty good once I figured out I was the dumb a$$ that needed to learn a little about e-bikes ! I have the AWD fattie which is now a Frankenstein with a bbshd and 24" wheels so my short ass can get on it . Now I have a complete 2wd system to peddle on egay or CL . My wife has the City model , its a step thru and works quite well .
As far as the Ariel I have since found a company that makes a bike like that with more powerful motors for around the same price . If I'm not careful I may end up with a whole garage full of these useless toys ! lol
Check this one out ! https://electric-e-bicycles.com/pro...0-watt-dual-motor-electric-bike-for-2-riders/

Last edited:
Well I just pulled the trigger on a M2S Scout for the wife . I still want that damn Nireeka Prime but now they pushed shipping date back to Dec !

Back