Nireeka Prime 1.5kW high-power 37mph e-bike enters the ring

Well I just pulled the trigger on a M2S Scout for the wife . I still want that damn Nireeka Prime but now they pushed shipping date back to Dec !
I know. I've been researching the damn thing for the past two months and It seems just slightly too sketch for me to pull the trigger. Hopefully it'll attraction some attention and gain a reputation for being legit.
I have one on the way, in the Pearlized Red finish.
Can you let me know how that goes? I'm really getting frustrated with it. I mean, because of the delivery date, and some other factors, if they go cold turkey on me there's next to nothing I can do about it to get my money back, and they're pretty sketchy- but I love the design, and the supposed specs for the price it has.

There must be a few around because I've seen them YouTube being reviewed . I'm not worried too much about it being a ripoff I just dont like waiting for stuff . At my age and health I may be dead before it gets here . Seriously ..

I placed an order 2 days ago for a Nireeka Prime Black. Looks like these are built to order. Some buyers appear to have waited for as long as 7 months. Appears to be a good amount of sweat equity going into building these carbon frames.

I"m not expecting delivery before February.

A 10ah battery is a non starter. And though I am not a bike frame geometry nerd, it could be an eye trick of illusion what with the white color and the mono frame, but that chain stay seems to be very, very long compared to other more conventional bikes.

A 10ah battery is a non starter. And though I am not a bike frame geometry nerd, it could be an eye trick of illusion what with the white color and the mono frame, but that chain stay seems to be very, very long compared to other more conventional bikes.
Agree with all of the above about the drive chain. I was looking at the Prime not the Homie which you can get a 48V 17.5 AH Battery. That's about the same or close to competitors. That's too small of a battery on the Homie would be a deal breaker for me as well. They do appear to be standing by their product at least in word.

We have a lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects on bikes manufactured. Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg (260 lbs) total weight including the rider and equipment.

The hope for a bike...well any bike really is as the battery technology changes and improves we can replace the cells and improve mileage while keeping our existing bikes. We'll see how feasible that is in the future. Even proprietary batteries there are "battery techs" out there who can swap out the cells.

Agree with all of the above about the drive chain. I was looking at the Prime not the Homie which you can get a 48V 17.5 AH Battery. That's about the same or close to competitors. That's too small of a battery on the Homie would be a deal breaker for me as well. They do appear to be standing by their product at least in word.

We have a lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects on bikes manufactured. Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg (260 lbs) total weight including the rider and equipment.

The hope for a bike...well any bike really is as the battery technology changes and improves we can replace the cells and improve mileage while keeping our existing bikes. We'll see how feasible that is in the future. Even proprietary batteries there are "battery techs" out there who can swap out the cells.
Any updates on your Prime purchase ?

Progress is currently at 50% was hoping for February but we'll see.
I have my bike since September! It has a lot of issues with the first batch.. i've had a Broken motor (nothing to do with nireeka as it was a manufacturing problem) but also my derailler is out of allignment and it slips the higher gears a lot.. after different trips to the bike shop the issue still persists and nireeka tells me the bike shop did not allign it properly.. so i am now riding on lower gears (still very Nice to drive!) 30kph is very easy to achieve, my max speed was 55 with this bike and i have no sporty condition at all

If you like to know something about the nireeka you can just ask it here :)

I al not able to post any pictures?
So here is the link to my photos.

I have my bike since September! It has a lot of issues with the first batch.. i've had a Broken motor (nothing to do with nireeka as it was a manufacturing problem) but also my derailler is out of allignment and it slips the higher gears a lot.. after different trips to the bike shop the issue still persists and nireeka tells me the bike shop did not allign it properly.. so i am now riding on lower gears (still very Nice to drive!) 30kph is very easy to achieve, my max speed was 55 with this bike and i have no sporty condition at all
Congratulations on your new Nireeka ride! I posted one of your photos below. 😉

What size battery did you order (480Wh or 840Wh) and what is your average range? Does it have a throttle or pedal assist?

Did you get the initial crowdfunding offer on Indiegogo at the $1,999 sale price (marked down from the $3,999 MSRP)?

1613183218678.png

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new Nireeka ride! 😉

What size battery did you order (480Wh or 840Wh) and what is your average range? Does it have a throttle or pedal assist?

View attachment 78918
Thanks! I have the 840 wh battery with throttle but i don't use it as the battery drains too fast 😅

For range , i use this bike to commute every day to work (40 km - 25 miles)

With a assistance level of 1 and a average speed of 30 Kph (18 mph) i have about 55-65% left in the battery but the percentage is a estimate calculated at the curent usage (when i turn my bike off and on again sometimes it increases 2-5 percent)

at assistance level 3(constant) and 4(for a bridge) i arrive back home with 20-30 %

i had the nireeka homie. im glad i was able to unload it. while the price is on the lower spectrum if we are talking ebikes, there are too many uncertainties. i had my rear hub broken as the hub couldnt handle the power of the bike (i ordered the 1000w motor). while nireeka sent me replacement parts, i do believe that it will happen again as the rear wheel cant handle the power. i asked for a 500w motor as replacement. so far the guy i sold it to hasnt complained.

another issue is the company's inconsistencies. some buyers like me got our bikes. yet soooo many crowdfunders havent received their bike 3 years on. and if you go to the facebook page of owners/bakcers, you will find so many people not receiving refunds. you will also find people with issues such as derailleurs, hubs, battery, display problems.

i have yet to see a crowdfunded bike do well. ive been following the superstrata and even that is going through some rough patches, my advise... and i dont mean to sound arrogant or rich... coz im not... is to go for the branded e-bikes such as specialized, giant, trek, canyon and the like. trust me, the extra you spend will be worth it as you can ride your bikes more. i currently use the specialized turbo levo comp and it has not given me one single problem to deal with outside tuning the gears, i also recently got the Canyon Grail On and have been having a blast with it.

im not stopping anyone here from buying a nireeka... just another guy here giving a heads up. and this is coming from someone who received the bike.

Thanks! I have the 840 wh battery with throttle but i don't use it as the battery drains too fast 😅

For range , i use this bike to commute every day to work (40 km - 25 miles)

With a assistance level of 1 and a average speed of 30 Kph (18 mph) i have about 55-65% left in the battery but the percentage is a estimate calculated at the curent usage (when i turn my bike off and on again sometimes it increases 2-5 percent)

at assistance level 3(constant) and 4(for a bridge) i arrive back home with 20-30 %
Ashley any issues with the Nireeka so far? What are your thoughts 2 months in?

i had the nireeka homie. im glad i was able to unload it. while the price is on the lower spectrum if we are talking ebikes, there are too many uncertainties. i had my rear hub broken as the hub couldnt handle the power of the bike (i ordered the 1000w motor). while nireeka sent me replacement parts, i do believe that it will happen again as the rear wheel cant handle the power. i asked for a 500w motor as replacement. so far the guy i sold it to hasnt complained.

another issue is the company's inconsistencies. some buyers like me got our bikes. yet soooo many crowdfunders havent received their bike 3 years on. and if you go to the facebook page of owners/bakcers, you will find so many people not receiving refunds. you will also find people with issues such as derailleurs, hubs, battery, display problems.

i have yet to see a crowdfunded bike do well. ive been following the superstrata and even that is going through some rough patches, my advise... and i dont mean to sound arrogant or rich... coz im not... is to go for the branded e-bikes such as specialized, giant, trek, canyon and the like. trust me, the extra you spend will be worth it as you can ride your bikes more. i currently use the specialized turbo levo comp and it has not given me one single problem to deal with outside tuning the gears, i also recently got the Canyon Grail On and have been having a blast with it.

im not stopping anyone here from buying a nireeka... just another guy here giving a heads up. and this is coming from someone who received the bike.
Thanks for this, Brian.

I don't want to hijack this thread, which is about the Prime, but I was SO close to pulling the trigger on a Homie. What scared me away was the customer service, shipping and delivery issues you and others have mentioned plus I am on blood thinners, and I'm nervous about a CF frame with such an unusual design. It's probably bomb-proof, but the odds of dropping it at some bizarre angle and causing hidden damage seem higher just because the frame is so different.

The other thing was, it wasn't as lightweight as it seemed. In base configuration, it's still 48 pounds. I chose the middle road-- not a brand new company, not one of the big five, but a trusted name-- went with a Motobecane Ultra eAdventure, which is only one pound heavier, a bit underpowered, but has better stock parts.

I appreciate your chiming in, and I don't want to stop anyone from buying a Nireeka, either, but posts like yours are super helpful. Also very interesting that the crowd-funders seem to have gotten their bikes so much later than people who bought them full price, I thought I noticed that, too. No Indiegogo bikes for me, thanks.

I wish I could support companies like this, but it doesn't seem like a good investment at this time, particularly with so many shipping problems and problems in the delivery supply chain.

Thanks for this, Brian.

I don't want to hijack this thread, which is about the Prime, but I was SO close to pulling the trigger on a Homie. What scared me away was the customer service, shipping and delivery issues you and others have mentioned plus I am on blood thinners, and I'm nervous about a CF frame with such an unusual design. It's probably bomb-proof, but the odds of dropping it at some bizarre angle and causing hidden damage seem higher just because the frame is so different.

The other thing was, it wasn't as lightweight as it seemed. In base configuration, it's still 48 pounds. I chose the middle road-- not a brand new company, not one of the big five, but a trusted name-- went with a Motobecane Ultra eAdventure, which is only one pound heavier, a bit underpowered, but has better stock parts.

I appreciate your chiming in, and I don't want to stop anyone from buying a Nireeka, either, but posts like yours are super helpful. Also very interesting that the crowd-funders seem to have gotten their bikes so much later than people who bought them full price, I thought I noticed that, too. No Indiegogo bikes for me, thanks.

I wish I could support companies like this, but it doesn't seem like a good investment at this time, particularly with so many shipping problems and problems in the delivery supply chain.
you're welcome.

while my experience with the company was great - jack and mahrou from customer service took care of me - its hard to recommend given

1. complains from people who dont have their bikes yet
2. usual upstart problems like motor too powerful for its own good, derailleur issues
3. lack of response to people asking for refunds or their bikes.
4. they havent fulfilled their indiegogo but have yet introduced new products to sell

if everyone had the same experience as me, id recommend with the caveat that youll have to be the one who loves to tinker and fix your bike - think those auto lover who love their bmw e30s.

Doesnt revolve around sissies either , not saying you are one but you sound the part . lol
That remark is offensive. What the poster was saying is that under Federal law, discussed in another thread, an electric bike that reaches speeds of more than 20 miles an hour on throttle alone does not meet the Federal definition of an e bike. And such bikes cannot be legally sold in the US because they do not meet the safety standards for e bikes set by the Federal Consumer Product Safety Commission. You may say "so what ?" Do not be surprised if Feds confiscate these bikes at the port. They are not legal for sale in the US.

Ordered 2 years ago still no bike. Zero response from Nireeka when asking for a refund. Anyone reading this I would Stay away!

How is it going up inclines? Have you had any major problems since you last posted this comment?

Good luck getting a response from AshelyD. They haven't been here for almost a year and a half.

Back