Newbie Question on Car Transport - How? Dedicated E-Bike Car Racks?

you might be onto something there with the dirt bike racks, and looks like most of them have ramps which would be nice

if anyone is using that i would like to see how you tie the bike down on it

I'm more than happy with my Thule EuroClassic 928 G6 LED

It gets used mainly for when traveling from the UK to Switzerland, and I have every confidence in it.

Capture.JPG

The OTT locks are fitted due to an overnight stop in France. Having said that, after seeing the carnage of bikes scattered on Autobahn's on two separate occasions, when cycles have fallen from racks, I always lock the bikes to the rack, and the rack to the towbar.

I have the Thule Easy Fold 9032 and absolutely love it.
I carry two e-bikes (Optibike and Easy Motion) weighing over 100 lbs. combined.

The clamps are fully adjustable (and removable), they're lockable w/key, and I've found them to be extremely sturdy and secure without damaging our bikes..
I especially like how easy the rack attaches to the 2" receiver, and how easy the bikes install and remove from this rack.

I've driven up rough logging roads in the Cascades and it has held up through all the washboard and potholes.

I'm in awe at the engineering that must have gone into it's design every time I use it.

eddie i have not seen any thule racks like that in the US, how old is that one?
Europe has different requirements for racks - they must have electric connections to satisfy their safety laws.
The U.S. version of the rack does not require this, so they're not available here as I understand it.

Back