New York continues confusion

I rode past three police cars here in Plattsburgh and they never even gave me a glance. They have better things to do.

Pretty funny! It shows how change happens unevenly, in a zig-zagging pattern with stops and lurches forward and backsliding and sudden improvement, etc.! I think this is true in all areas of society and culture, but this is a very obvious one to all of us!

We had a bike unit when I was there, department still does. No question the cops will love them. It was a sought after assignment. Ebikes are a natural for this. I see this as a positive step to push along final legal acceptance in NY, Albany being the (hilly) state capital.

The manager at my LBS (mostly Trek) told me last summer about 3 different police agencies in our area that were either buying bikes or testing bikes. He/we felt this was a coming wave in e-bike sales (commercial uses led by police and govt agencies).

One thing I have noticed in New York state is that the police and judges will not bother E-Bikers. It is our DMV that is pushing to keep E-bikes off the street. They seem to be the only ones that are saying anything. If I am wrong please correct me on this. They did it with the segway and now they are pushing against E-bikes.

Back