New Version of Mission Control for non-Vado - V1.1.2

Douglas Ruby

Region
USA
City
Groton
A new version of the current (non-Vado) Mission Control App appeared on the Android Google Play store. I already found a bug in that it appears not to retain the metric/Imperial setting in the app.

New in 1.1.2:
- automatic ride recording
- ride export
- diagnostic report
- more languages
- improved smart control
Navigation might be unstable on some devices.
The app is prepared to use a new specialized backend database. Note: All users will be informed by email about the launch of the new backend database. If you don’t get an email and encounter problems logging in with your username, please visit www.specialized.com and check your account.

Thanks for sharing. I'll admit I tried Mission Control when I first got my bike but I haven't used it since. Do others use it (and for what)?

Since I have a Garmin Edge 1000, I don't use Mission Control for navigation. I use the diagnostic tools and the basic configuration for wheel size, emtric/imperial, and for setting default ECO level.

I'm logging all (most) trips using the mission control app connected to Strava. So far the only way to be sure I keep a reasonable track on the odometer. Also fun to see in Strava who I met on the morning ride. Installed the new version and did not notice any dramatic differences. Curious what the backend database might mean.

A new version of the current (non-Vado) Mission Control App appeared on the Android Google Play store. I already found a bug in that it appears not to retain the metric/Imperial setting in the app.

New in 1.1.2:
- automatic ride recording
- ride export
- diagnostic report
- more languages
- improved smart control
Navigation might be unstable on some devices.
The app is prepared to use a new specialized backend database. Note: All users will be informed by email about the launch of the new backend database. If you don’t get an email and encounter problems logging in with your username, please visit www.specialized.com and check your account.

I also encountered this problem...is there a fix in the works, to your knowledge?

My 2016 Turbo Levo FSR Mission Control has gone bonkers. Bluetooth sometimes doesn't hook up, but always says "pairing rejected by Specialized". Yesterday, the screen spontaneously showed a new format with Let's Ride only, and none of the other options. It can be scrolled to the right for various options, but no diagnostics, etc., and it was metric, not my imperial setting. It also showed, after a 17 km ride, an elevation gain of 647 meters. I live on the top of a hill, but that figure has to be wrong buy a factor of three. If it means elevation change, plus and minus, it's still off by a factor of two. Today, the app simply won't connect, or shuts down after a few seconds. Sometimes it displays this new format, and sometimes the traditional one. Also, if you now go to the Google Playstore on my Google Pixel smartphone, there is no app shown. So..how did I get it last year when I bought the bike. Perhaps it came through the ether. The rep told me that he thinks most customers use an IPhone interface. Since Android has an 88% world market share, you'd think that Specialized would pay attention?? Well, they are located in California. The [email protected] email, which used to respond to issues, no longer does. Probably overwhelmed with problems. The Specialized telephone service contact says you need to go to your dealer. My dealer, a locally owned sporting goods store, in business for 100 years, suddenly closed 2 months after I got my bike. I was directed there because they had bikes in stock. I learned from the forum, not Specialized, that battery and motor firmware updates are suggested, or required. They are not covered under warranty, and so....a $5500 e-bike and no warranty and no service. All the other nearby dealers have no special knowledge on e-bikes, and none have sold a Turbo Levo FSR. I did find a dealer, an hour's drive away that has the right parts for the firmware download, but no experience with a Turbo Levo FSR. No choice but to give it a try, and am wondering what the charge will be, and then I wonder if Mission Control will work. I wish I'd never heard of Specialized. That said, mechanically, and ride-wise, the bike is quite nice.

Back