Playing with Mission Control makes it feel like a new bike

So I did 12 miles with the Smart Control activated with parameters. The minute I took off it was in supercharged turbo mode with no ability to use the handlebar control to lower a speed or 2, it was at max.
So, I chose to do the entire ride with no power, did it, returned with 100% left.
Will keep playing.

Question , when you change the power and support settings in mission control do you need to have mission control running every time you ride for it to stay ? or does it revert back to default settings if you do not have the app running
I generally use my Garmin when I ride so don't always turn on the app
Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer

I don't know, as I never used it prior to yesterday the 1st and only ever time.
However, I'd assume that prior to any start of a ride that the user should designate a 'mode', etc.

For GuruUno, as far as I know if you engage Smart Control you let go of managing assist levels yourself until you turn it off. Once you turn Smart Control off, things go back to normal with Mission Control and you can adjust assist levels with the handle bar controls..

For Uncle Willy, when you change assist levels in Mission Control those stay with the bike every time you turn it on and off, until you change them again.

Question , when you change the power and support settings in mission control do you need to have mission control running every time you ride for it to stay ? or does it revert back to default settings if you do not have the app running
I generally use my Garmin when I ride so don't always turn on the app
Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer
When you turn on the bike it will maintain the settings it had when it was last turned off. You don't even have to activate MC.

One thing to know about Smart Control - "Climb Response" is a value (0, 75, 150 ft) that you tell the computer you want it to wait before giving you "hill" assist. In other words, set to 75ft, it will ignore elevation gains that don't climb above 75 feet, and keep the assist as if you were riding flat. Around where I live, I have some shorter, steep hills so I set it to 0 ft, which then (theoretically) will start assisting "more" the minute it detects a gain in elevation. Conversely, set to 150 and you will have to gain quite a lot continuously until it begins to give more assist.

One thing to know about Smart Control - "Climb Response" is a value (0, 75, 150 ft) that you tell the computer you want it to wait before giving you "hill" assist. In other words, set to 75ft, it will ignore elevation gains that don't climb above 75 feet, and keep the assist as if you were riding flat. Around where I live, I have some shorter, steep hills so I set it to 0 ft, which then (theoretically) will start assisting "more" the minute it detects a gain in elevation. Conversely, set to 150 and you will have to gain quite a lot continuously until it begins to give more assist.
Thanks for the clarification. I recall that I knew this, but not until you reminded me. I wish “Climb Response” had finer granularity. The trail I usually ride and long shallow grades, 3 or 4 degrees over a half mile to a mile. You may only gain 50’, but even if you do hit 75’ it takes so long that you don’t notice the lack of additional assistance. Since you can boost assist manually as long as Turbo is at default and you’re not already at 100% you can get the extra assist at any time. Then if you hit the minus button you revert to Smart Control.

Not as elegant, but it works.

Another instance of Specialized’s needing more work on their software. Wish they read and engaged on these threads so we could have more influence on their development plans.

Another instance of Specialized’s needing more work on their software.
If you complain on Specialized, Mission Control or Smart Control, buy a Giant :D Should I elaborate on this? Probably not.

In my opinion, Specialized TCD-W with Mission Control/Smart Control is one of the best solutions found in the market today. Sure, we all have our expectations set high. So high, we are not even aware how perfect e-bike we're riding...

Of course, Mission Control was made with the Turbo Levo in mind because it is not only the Specialized flagship e-bike, not only was it the first e-bike with the TCU unit but also needs of advanced mountain biking greatly surpass what we need in a commuter e-bike. Like, you need to engage the motor instantly when you stamped on the pedal: that is the "survive or not" in the MTB world. Therefore, there is a setting equivalent to Giant's "Zero Cadence" feature available to Levo owners. Or, additional settings for MTB-ers who prefer "spinning" to "mashing" (increased support for high-cadence, low torque riders). We all would like to have same features for Vado but it is hard to have it all. The SL owners get even less features in MC...

I don't believe that the Garmin connects to your bike in such a way that it can get at that data, plus there's no accommodation for recording e-bike-specific data. My Vado uses ANT+ to broadcast cadence, speed, and rider power that my Garmin taps into, but that's about it.

BLEvo and Mission Control will give you that data, but it's not saved in your activity file or uploaded to Strava AFAIK.
http://ebikeapp.jancapek.cz/ offers an app that will record battery charge usage and assist modes if you donate to become a premium member. The free version only allows the garmin to add a display for battery % and assist mode. The battery % does not account for a range extender but otherwise I find it is preferable to just automatically have this data recorded rather than having to run mission control and remember start/end battery pct.

What about it did not work?

I have a 2020 Vado 4.0 as well. The issue I had was that it wrongly reported the battery capacity. It think it saw it as a 400wh battery instead of 500wh. I reported this to BLEvo and they released a new version that has fixed this.
I thought BLEvo didn't work well with Vado 4.0 2020. I agree with you. BLEVo is a great app for our Vados. I like listening to the application while I ride dictating, range, speed, ETC. Also, I like the 1% increments settings BLEvo VS. 5% MC.and the numerous in-depth stats given for rides in BLEvo.

Back