New to EBR with the purchase of Supercharger2 GT + HS

AleksR

Hi all,

just wanted to introduce myself. I live in San Francisco and wanted to won e-bike since 10 years ago when I first tried e-bikes riding around French villages in the Southern France. I usually walk to work and cover around 8-10 miles walking a day. But living in the Bay area, I realized that there is so much that I cant easily reach just by walking. I made a plunge and 4 days ago received my Supercharger 2 from Newwheel store in San Francisco. It was a toss up between Porsche Taycan or ebike. Ebike won :). The first day I rode it 35 miles around San Francisco. The next day I rode it for 57 miles to my parents in southern peninsula. Today I went north to San Rafael and stopped for refreshing at McNears beach. It was a beautiful 50 mile bike ride. Full of bikers and so many beautiful vistas. I do like my ebike but dread the issues such as how do I remove the front tire (tried without success), what if I get a flat tire, etc. I hate fixing mechanical issues. My goal would be one day to take the bike and ride across Africa.

Tire replacement is one of the easiest repairs you can do. You just need the right tools for the job.

Just carry a tire lever tool, spare tube, and multi tool, and a portable pump. Watch a YouTube video.

BIKEHAND Bike Bicycle Tire Lever Cycling Repair Tool Spoon - Install Difficult Wire Bead and Stubborn Tires - Tire Bead Jack Changing Mounting Seating Tools

Crankbrothers M19 Multi-Tool + Case
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VYB4QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ozU5EbR7SBV72

PRO BIKE TOOL Bike Pump with Gauge Fits Presta and Schrader - Accurate Inflation - Mini Bicycle Tire Pump for Road, Mountain and BMX Bikes, High Pressure 100 PSI, Includes Mount Kit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XLGKU14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3AU5EbPZ0JW2A

You can also get Tannus Armor installed on your tires for puncture protection. Make sure you get the right size for your tires.

Tannus Armour Bundle 2 Pack No-Flat Bicycle Tire Inserts, Puncture Proof Bike Tube Protector, Stops Flats from Thorns and Goatheads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085947NFT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.BU5EbZ5E1JVA

Tire replacement is one of the easiest repairs you can do. You just need the right tools for the job.

Just carry a tire lever tool, spare tube, and multi tool, and a portable pump. Watch a YouTube video.

BIKEHAND Bike Bicycle Tire Lever Cycling Repair Tool Spoon - Install Difficult Wire Bead and Stubborn Tires - Tire Bead Jack Changing Mounting Seating Tools

PRO BIKE TOOL Bike Pump with Gauge Fits Presta and Schrader - Accurate Inflation - Mini Bicycle Tire Pump for Road, Mountain and BMX Bikes, High Pressure 100 PSI, Includes Mount Kit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XLGKU14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3AU5EbPZ0JW2A

You can also get Tannus Armor installed on your tires for puncture protection. Make sure you get the right size for your tires.

Tannus Armour Bundle 2 Pack No-Flat Bicycle Tire Inserts, Puncture Proof Bike Tube Protector, Stops Flats from Thorns and Goatheads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085947NFT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.BU5EbZ5E1JVA

thank you for above. Much appreciated. Looking forward to learning more!

thank you for above. Much appreciated. Looking forward to learning more!
Bicycle maintenance is a skill like any other. As Buyanbee said, Youtube is a wonderful resource for showing you how to complete maintenance. Motivation, patience, a willingness to not get upset when you make a mistake, a desire to learn and decent tools and you can become a competent home mechanic. Everyone starts out know nothing. Knowledge doesn’t miracle its way into our heads. We acquire it through effort. I taught myself motorcycle maintenance through necessity. As a young man I foolishly bought a late 70’s Moto Guzzi. Nothing forces you to learn quicker than those old Italian bikes.

Bicycle maintenance is a skill like any other. As Buyanbee said, Youtube is a wonderful resource for showing you how to complete maintenance. Motivation, patience, a willingness to not get upset when you make a mistake, a desire to learn and decent tools and you can become a competent home mechanic. Everyone starts out know nothing. Knowledge doesn’t miracle its way into our heads. We acquire it through effort. I taught myself motorcycle maintenance through necessity. As a young man I foolishly bought a late 70’s Moto Guzzi. Nothing forces you to learn quicker than those old Italian bikes.
Well, I walked into my garage the next day and guess what, after riding for 150 miles my rear tire was flat!! Time to acquire those skills fast 😄

Proof positive that you were meant to develop home bike mechanic skills. It really is your time to shine. you know it makes sense!!

Hi all,

just wanted to introduce myself. I live in San Francisco and wanted to won e-bike since 10 years ago when I first tried e-bikes riding around French villages in the Southern France. I usually walk to work and cover around 8-10 miles walking a day. But living in the Bay area, I realized that there is so much that I cant easily reach just by walking. I made a plunge and 4 days ago received my Supercharger 2 from Newwheel store in San Francisco. It was a toss up between Porsche Taycan or ebike. Ebike won :). The first day I rode it 35 miles around San Francisco. The next day I rode it for 57 miles to my parents in southern peninsula. Today I went north to San Rafael and stopped for refreshing at McNears beach. It was a beautiful 50 mile bike ride. Full of bikers and so many beautiful vistas. I do like my ebike but dread the issues such as how do I remove the front tire (tried without success), what if I get a flat tire, etc. I hate fixing mechanical issues. My goal would be one day to take the bike and ride across Africa.
HI, Hope you are enjoying your bike , i have the 2019 supercharger GX , i note your concern re: wheel removal , they are quite easy to remove , but if in doubt or just having a few problems your dealer could give you a crash course on the basics , which with this bike it is so easy to maintain , food for thought re: punctures i have the Moto x road tyres as i do a lot of road touring and fitted some tannus armour inserts in with the tubes which has double protected them from punctures , really bomb proof now, also make sure you protect your rear pannier rack , i had a major problem with mine with the ortlieb panniers rubbing the paint of , however i think the 2020 bike may have a better paint job , i did a post on EBR re: that issue with some photos to show folks the wear points , a point on your wheels , i stuck some pitlock security skewers in them and one on the seat post, again your local dealer should fit them for you if in doubt ....cheers

For rims i have Alexrims MD40's, you have Rodi Tryp35's, if they are anything like the MD40's then i'd suggest a trip to the dealer to get the tire off.
This is the single hardest thing on the Supercharger that i've found is to get these tires off, easy putting on.
There's a definite trick to it with a bit/fair amount of force (depending on your strength) but best to learn this trick from the mechanic.
And if you have a SR Suntour fork then get to know & remember how the quick release works.

For rims i have Alexrims MD40's, you have Rodi Tryp35's, if they are anything like the MD40's then i'd suggest a trip to the dealer to get the tire off.
This is the single hardest thing on the Supercharger that i've found is to get these tires off, easy putting on.
There's a definite trick to it with a bit/fair amount of force (depending on your strength) but best to learn this trick from the mechanic.
And if you have a SR Suntour fork then get to know & remember how the quick release works.
Totally agree on that score , i used a hair dryer to really warm the tyres up, as it was winter and cold garage when i put the tannus armour inserts in , trick was to put the base of the wheel against a wall .

Totally agree on that score , i used a hair dryer to really warm the tyres up, as it was winter and cold garage when i put the tannus armour inserts in , trick was to put the base of the wheel against a wall .
I use my shoes plus hands & try not to scratch axles & rims on the ground in the process.
SuperMotoX was the worst for me, Marathon Plus MTB 57-584 second, never tried the R&M Rock Razor, Smart Sam the easiest.
Curious as to what's inside the triangle of your Supercharger's frame?

I use my shoes plus hands & try not to scratch axles & rims on the ground in the process.
SuperMotoX was the worst for me, Marathon Plus MTB 57-584 second, never tried the R&M Rock Razor, Smart Sam the easiest.
Curious as to what's inside the triangle of your Supercharger's frame?
i use the two attachment points to mount a pod which holds my cook set and gas canisters

Back