Specialized 3.0 Vado IGH - I'm tiny but I like the feel of an M

felinousforma

Region
Europe
City
Finland
As the title says - I'm pretty damn small. 151 cm, so around 5'0 - inseam around 25''? This means I *really* should be an S. However the dealers are sold out for months, and I found an M today at a store and got the step-through in M. I test-rode a Tero (the only S they had in the store) and it just felt small. I tried the Vado (non mid step) in the M and I had the seat about 1inch from the lowest setting and it felt good. I rode comfortably in it, I tend to like riding more upright. I also like the feel of the bigger bike, more stable and more height?

However I am SO far from the recommendations I am just feeling the dread, 3700euro is a lot of money for me - and I'd like to hear some thoughts about whether an M would be fine, or would be a terrible terrible mistake.

Thank you :)

also - does anyone know if I would be able to put a frame-supported child seat on a Vado? it only seems to suggest the rack-supported ones but I prefer the frame!

If you are comfortable with the height of the saddle, the difference in reach to the handlebars is only a couple of centimeters longer on the medium so could possibly be adjusted with a shorter stem and/or a handlebar style that sweeps back a bit if you find it an issue on longer rides.
Unless you already have a child seat you are trying to put on, I’d really recommend finding a MIK one that is compatible with the rack. The the fender and rear light are integrated with the rear rack so if you have to remove it to make a seat work, it will be a challenge. Someone else might have a recommendation of a universal rack they have found to work well.

As the title says - I'm pretty damn small. 151 cm, so around 5'0 - inseam around 25''? This means I *really* should be an S. However the dealers are sold out for months, and I found an M today at a store and got the step-through in M. I test-rode a Tero (the only S they had in the store) and it just felt small. I tried the Vado (non mid step) in the M and I had the seat about 1inch from the lowest setting and it felt good. I rode comfortably in it, I tend to like riding more upright. I also like the feel of the bigger bike, more stable and more height?

However I am SO far from the recommendations I am just feeling the dread, 3700euro is a lot of money for me - and I'd like to hear some thoughts about whether an M would be fine, or would be a terrible terrible mistake.

Thank you :)

also - does anyone know if I would be able to put a frame-supported child seat on a Vado? it only seems to suggest the rack-supported ones but I prefer the frame!
Go with what you feel comfortable with and confident to ride - if a bigger size feels right then it probably is! Especially if you want to sit more upright. I agree with TiCruiser - go with a MIL compatible seat to fit on the rack

As others have said if it it feels good go for it. I presume you LBS has a 30 day return window in case you change your mind?

I went through this with a turbo como - the S seemed right (according to the bike shop manager), but I was leery of being too close (reach). I found a shop with the medium. The seat on both were as low as they could go, so that was no longer a factor. I went with the medium and am very happy. It does not seem too big, but I am 5'6" so I don't know what you can draw from my experience. Can you ride the medium around a little?

Back