Specialized turbo vado SL 4.0. Info on size to fit in shed

medindexer

Region
United Kingdom
I'm in the UK
Could someone who has a Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 tell how long this bike is from nose to tail (front of front of front tyre to rear of back tyre). It's to fit in a shed I have.
I will be getting a medium sized frame. I suppose there's some variation in this parameter depending on frame size so do please let me know if you have a S, M or Large frame.

I'd love to know what mileage you're getting if the terrain is not all flat or steep i.e. moderate ups and downs

Cheers

I don't have the bike so I can't measure, but the geometry and specs should allow a good estimate. Size M wheelbase is 1091mm, and the bike comes with 700x38c tires with a diameter of about 698mm* - add a half-diameter to the front and back of the wheelbase and the overall length would be about 1789mm

as far as mileage - that's entirely dependent on how much motor assist / power you use. The rider who just uses the motor to take the edge off of hills will get drastically more range than the rider who uses max assist/power all the time. On my Creo (same motor & battery), as a rider largely just taking the edge off of hills, I typically use 6-7% of battery capacity during my 12.5 mile 900ft elevation gain lunchtime ride route.

(*) 700c rims are 622mm diameter, plus two times the 38mm tire size (generally they're as thick as they are wide) for an overall diameter of 698mm

Last edited:
I don't have the bike so I can't measure, but the geometry and specs should allow a good estimate. Size M wheelbase is 1091mm, and the bike comes with 700x38c tires with a diameter of about 698mm* - add a half-diameter to the front and back of the wheelbase and the overall length would be about 1789mm

as far as mileage - that's entirely dependent on how much motor assist / power you use. The rider who just uses the motor to take the edge off of hills will get drastically more range than the rider who uses max assist/power all the time. On my Creo (same motor & battery), as a rider largely just taking the edge off of hills, I typically use 6-7% of battery capacity during my 12.5 mile 900ft elevation gain lunchtime ride route.

(*) 700c rims are 622mm diameter, plus two times the 38mm tire size (generally they're as thick as they are wide) for an overall diameter of 698mm
Thanks for that all. Looks like I'll just have enough space
The battery consumption sounds good, much better than I I expected. I will pedal well!
I'm choosing this bike v much on its lightness. I'm 72 and don't fancy coping with a heavyweight bike. I live in Edinburgh which has lots of good bike shops, but so many bikes seem too heavy
Cheers

It’s all about the hills. Hills drain the battery much quicker. If in Edinburgh you find you are climbing a lot of hills and struggling with the small low torque 35nm motor then look into swapping out the chainring for a smaller one. But if the hills aren’t too steep you should be fine. On very steep hills on Dartmoor I can get around 30+ miles with medium assist.

Back