New to EBR, waiting on ebike (anyone from NYC?)

jkchang82

Hey all - Just wanted to stop by and say hello. My name is Jason and I'm a newcomer to this world.
I've seen ebikes but just recently consider buying one after seeing all the Super 73 promos. I did not get one of those though since I'm in NYC and there's no way I'll be able to lock that up and not have it get stolen.

After doing some research, I ended up purchasing the E-Lux Sierra folding fat tire bike although there weren't much on it on the internet. I considered that as well as the RadMini, Veego Fat Tire, Sondors Fold X, and VoltBike Mariner (amongst many more) but some of the features that I really liked were the motor, included fender, rear rack and hidden battery design. Although the model is new, it also seemed like E-Lux had a good reputation behind their cruisers and they really seem to be behind their product.

After asking the shop a bunch of questions, one of their co-owners called me directly to answer all the questions so talk about customer care.

Anyways, that's all for now. See you guys around!

Hey man! Glad the folks at E-Lux were treating you right, they seemed like great folks when I met them for reviews in SoCal last year. I've got a couple more in the works soon. The folding fat bike looks sweet! I'd love to hear your thoughts once it arrives.

As for meetups, I'm not sure what's going on in NYC but I think there are some critical mass type of rides and fun night rides happening occasionally. I like to visit Greenpath electric bikes and Propel in Brooklyn. There's also NYCeWheels in Manhattan, maybe they'd know of some rides or have social events to promote their shops? There's a guy named Mark Sparx riding around town too, I've met with him on a couple of occasions and shot some videos:

He is also riding a fat tire bike, fun guy to talk to with lots of experience riding around the city!

Hope this helps, thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself. I hope the bike arrives in great shape and you enjoy riding it. Perhaps we will cross paths in the city someday ;)

Video says a lot. They're still grabbing bikes. That little folder in the back must have been carrying six pizzas. Bet they were taken away too. Be careful with your new ride.
contraband.jpg

Video says a lot. They're still grabbing bikes. That little folder in the back must have been carrying six pizzas. Bet they were taken away too. Be careful with your new ride.
View attachment 22087

Thanks. That's my biggest fear but hoping the hidden battery helps a little bit, and I'll just have to make sure to follow all laws.

Hey man! Glad the folks at E-Lux were treating you right, they seemed like great folks when I met them for reviews in SoCal last year. I've got a couple more in the works soon. The folding fat bike looks sweet! I'd love to hear your thoughts once it arrives.

As for meetups, I'm not sure what's going on in NYC but I think there are some critical mass type of rides and fun night rides happening occasionally. I like to visit Greenpath electric bikes and Propel in Brooklyn. There's also NYCeWheels in Manhattan, maybe they'd know of some rides or have social events to promote their shops? There's a guy named Mark Sparx riding around town too, I've met with him on a couple of occasions and shot some videos:

He is also riding a fat tire bike, fun guy to talk to with lots of experience riding around the city!

Hope this helps, thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself. I hope the bike arrives in great shape and you enjoy riding it. Perhaps we will cross paths in the city someday ;)

That's pretty cool. I did see the 2nd video with Mark already. Maybe I will cross paths since I am planning to ride to Brooklyn from Queens.

I also discovered Second Stroke Moped in Maspeth (I'm located in Queens). I'm hoping they can provide some servicing and become my 'local' shop. We'll see.

Are you located in NY? You're always in a new city so I couldn't tell.

Back