New Tires for Juiced CCS2

I really don't get why people don't like the stock kenda tires. I put ~3500 miles on the stock rear tire before it needed replacement, and my original front is over 6500 miles and looks good for at least another 4-5000. They roll well, have great traction both dry and wet, and seem to have great puncture resistance considering I've only had 2 flats. FWIW, I put a Continental Contact Plus tire on the rear as a replacement and have been very happy with it as well, (it does seem to be wearing a bit better than the stock Kenda as I expect to get another 1000 mi or so). It is comparable to the Schwalbe Marathon Plus but half the price.
Also I picked up a new pair of the stock Kenda's from a member on this site for $20 for the pair.

I really don't get why people don't like the stock kenda tires. I put ~3500 miles on the stock rear tire before it needed replacement, and my original front is over 6500 miles and looks good for at least another 4-5000. They roll well, have great traction both dry and wet, and seem to have great puncture resistance considering I've only had 2 flats. FWIW, I put a Continental Contact Plus tire on the rear as a replacement and have been very happy with it as well, (it does seem to be wearing a bit better than the stock Kenda as I expect to get another 1000 mi or so). It is comparable to the Schwalbe Marathon Plus but half the price.
Also I picked up a new pair of the stock Kenda's from a member on this site for $20 for the pair.
Thanks, the reason I would change is I dont want to get a flat. Changing a tire is something I want to avoid if possible.

I have the same Continentals on one of my bikes and agree, as good as the Marathon Plus at half the price. They actually came on my BionX powered Elby but I'll put them on my other bikes as the Matathons wear out.

Kenda is good but not exceptional. I was thinking same until I tested ebikes with schwalbe. Hard to explain why but it has much better handling.

After I got a lot of wear on my rear I moved the stock Kenda from the front to the rear. I couldn't find the Kenda's from the on-line shops I buy from so I bought Schwalbe Marathon's in a 38 mm size and put one on the front. When the other stock Kenda wears out I'll put the other Schwalbe on the rear.

I've tried a few tires in my quest for less flats. Continental Top Contact II, Schwalbe Marathon Supreme, and Schwalbe Energizer Plus Tour. I got a flat within a week with the Energizer Plus Tour. I'm now on the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. It's only been a week on the Marathon Plus so can't say how puncture proof they really are.

Last edited:
Schwalbe Marathon Almotion 28x2.0. Very impressed with the ride quality at reasonable pressures. It has very good rolling resistance and I’ve had one flat in 10k miles. It was a drywall screw that probably would’ve gotten through a Marathon Plus.

I liked the Kendra stock tires and rode them until the cords were showing. I could not find the same Kenda tires so I bought Schwalbe Marathon tires and I like them. I could not find them on the internet but the local bike store did. Here is everything written on the sidewalls:

Schwalbe Marathon
EBike Ready 50 km
Performance Line GreenGuard
for crotched rims only
tube type
28x1.75
33B
47-622
45-70 PSI

Back