New Stromer flagship ST2022

Petropoliskhan

Region
Europe
City
Brussels
Hello Friends,
Here are some pictures of the Stromer st2022
This concept bike was unveiled at the closed Stromer Universe 2021 event in Genk, Belgium. A couple of weeks later it was presented at the IAA Mobility show in Germany. These are screen captures of a video posted to YT by Emobilist 4
months ago. Apparently there's a new motor too but it's details are kept secret under a very strict NDA signed by the dealers who were allowed to see it in Genk. A 1400Wh battery will also be featured on the new model.
Other new gadget may also be the works.
ST2022-1.jpgST2022-2.jpgST2022-1.jpgST2022-2.jpgST2022-3.jpgST2022-5.jpgST2022-6.jpgST2022-7.jpgST2022-8.jpgST2022-9.jpg
Base price should be around 13000€.
As usual the suspension fork and upside down suspension fork will be offered as options.

Apparently there's a new motor too

I don't make much words as I already wrote a lot here: https://www.stromerforum.ch/showthread.php?tid=3334

I can't believe in a new motor as long the "Faktor 4" rules are valid in the EU. The current motors power is already cut uphill due to these (useless and annoying) EU bureaucracy. Even at 45 km/h, the motor is so strong that I ride it with limited settings (sensor 50 on {3}, snow on {2} and all in on {S} mode).

Interesting work from Stromer.
With a 1.4 kWh battery, Pinion, and DD-hub motor, the bike weight increases but also the range would be quite enormous.
A relevant video can be seen here.

The competition is increasing also !

Attachments

• 3B5543DD-ADEE-4F96-ADB2-24C258FD21C9.png
    3B5543DD-ADEE-4F96-ADB2-24C258FD21C9.png
    455 KB · Views: 300
  • 9EE0FED0-3F98-40D9-B647-8AFB216A06A6.png
    9EE0FED0-3F98-40D9-B647-8AFB216A06A6.png
    729.1 KB · Views: 305
Not a fan of the gargantuan down tube.
I agree! Stretching the definition of sporty. Better characterized as porky/ chunky/ truck like etc…
And that god awful bling gold color 🤮.
I am very curious about the motor/ drivetrain innovations they’re working on…

I agree! Stretching the definition of sporty. Better characterized as porky/ chunky/ truck like etc…

Agree with you on the chunky appearance.
I think 1kW is a decent amount of energy and should offer 75 miles of range.
Once a bike crosses approx 30kgs of weight, it loses agility and acquires motorcycle-like quality. I think there is a sweet spot for power and weight that most riders intuitively understand.

They probably had a lot of customers in Europe who were buying another 983WH battery for two grand and they realized : let's just make one big battery anda bigger ebike.
But I do appreciate the innovation here , because you are a rider who travels with two extra batteries it's a hassle to keep changing them and charge them on the road. This one it's prob. a 48X29AH So technically with a powerful and heavy charger it could be charged at 15 Amps , ~ 0.5C . They , Stromer should bring that type of charger on the market !

Seeing it in person it my look different and not that big ; personally I like some aspects of it but I totally dislike the price...allthough it will rapidly go down in price after 4-5years. I know several St2 S models that were sold for less then 4.5k from 10k orig. St5's in mint cond. from 2018/2019 are 6k-7.5k now depending on the seller.

Also, is the shifting system better than the DI2 ? I am not familiar with that shifting they put on it, but I know Di2 very well from my road bike.

That new battery will huge.
I heard that it will feature new generation 21700 cells larger and more energy dense. Hopefully they will offer this tech in a smaller, more compact, lighter package. Better compromise I think.
Unless I am mistaken you’ve spoken about possibly integrating this tech in your battery for the upcoming Zen bikes.

Last edited:
I wonder, does the ST2022 have a USB port? My 2016 ST-2 has a USB port that I use to power my phone. This way, I can use google maps on long rides.

Back