New Rover

Chopperbill

Just received my Black Friday Rad Rover today and got it assembled. Better quality than I anticipated. Haven’t got it charged up and never turned a wheel, but have my 11t freewheel on the way. Short supply on them and the dealers are really taking advantage of it. The $300 I saved pays for few accessories. Got the Rad fenders, high dollar but very sturdy.
PS. GREAT FORUM!

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to ebiking!

It has been a little over 2 years and +6000 miles between my his/her 2016 Radrovers. The rovers were going to be a quick dip into the ebike world and I we would eventually purchase something else a few years down the road. I've enjoyed the rovers so much over the years and it checked so many boxes. Not even looking for another type of ebike as a replacement. We just added a Radcity Step-Thru for my wife because the rover was a touch too large for her.

Congrats on the new Rover. That was a great "Black Friday Deal". Did you get the 2018 or a 2019?

Just received my Black Friday Rad Rover today and got it assembled. Better quality than I anticipated. Haven’t got it charged up and never turned a wheel, but have my 11t freewheel on the way. Short supply on them and the dealers are really taking advantage of it. The $300 I saved pays for few accessories. Got the Rad fenders, high dollar but very sturdy.
PS. GREAT FORUM!
Hi, may I ask where you purchased your 11t freewheel. I've had trouble locating one? Best regards.

I got the last one on Amazon. A 11-30, no 11-34 found any where. Had to pay $40 for when other sizes are as low as $15! Now that Rad and Juice are selling the new bikes with 11x34s I bet there are getting all they make. They will probably catch up at the manufacturing end in time. By the way that sprocket makes a huge difference. Good luck.
Check my post in General Discussion for a problem I encountered installing it.

Hi, may I ask where you purchased your 11t freewheel. I've had trouble locating one? Best regards.

I would check with Rad also because they usually keep replacement parts in stock. They might have the new 2019 7 speed 11-34 at a cheaper price. They will also have the tool already cut in half to remove the old 14-34 gears from the rear hub. I had to purchase a dremel tool set and cut the cassette lockring removal tool in two.

I would check with Rad also because they usually keep replacement parts in stock. They might have the new 2019 7 speed 11-34 at a cheaper price. They will also have the tool already cut in half to remove the old 14-34 gears from the rear hub. I had to purchase a dremel tool set and cut the cassette lockring removal tool in two.

They told me they won't be offering any of the 2019 parts for current owners. That includes the freewheel and wired rear light, sadly.

This is the first time I saw a reference that the tool had to be cut in half. Saw lots of videos but can’t remember seeing that. I saw a post that it took longer to remove the wheel than it was to do the flywheel. Man, I gotta do more reading..:D

Back