New old guy...

Took it to ebike shop, bad motor.I asked if they had use for it, didn't even make an offer. Now I have an $830 pedal bike.😮‍💨

If it's under warranty, Ecotric will send you parts to install. You email their support line and provide a video of what doesn't work.

I used to own that model along with other ebikes. The thing is basically very simple. Motor. Control nox, Battery, WIres in between.It's most often a loose connector. Motors go bad is when the owners rode them too hard uphill and melted them,
On mine, just for fun, I changed out all of the above, motor, controller, and battery. Then I put it back to stick and gave it to a family member.
What's the problem.?

If it's under warranty, Ecotric will send you parts to install. You email their support line and provide a video of what doesn't work.

I used to own that model along with other ebikes. The thing is basically very simple. Motor. Control nox, Battery, WIres in between.It's most often a loose connector. Motors go bad is when the owners rode them too hard uphill and melted them,
On mine, just for fun, I changed out all of the above, motor, controller, and battery. Then I put it back to stick and gave it to a family member.
What's the problem.?

Warranty expired. In 30 months maybe rode 10 miles total on level pavement. I figured if a reputable shop didn't think they could make $$$ money off of it, it wasn't worth it to me.

pretty much the same issues I had with E- BikeKit I installed on a mtb commuter years ago, they have a very good reputation for this type of item. I knew what i was getting into, I was an electrician in the Navy and those skills are necessary with any made in China ebike components. The loose wire Cable connections were quite a problem, they would pull apart partially and arc/burn the pins and fry the controller. I was pretty aggressive with electrical tape wrapped around each plug. hub motors overheat and fail frequently, mine was not too bad as it had a geared hub motor. I gave it to my neighbor. reputable bike brands with mid drive motors from Yamaha, Bosch etc are reliable if you are willing to spend around $3000.00. Can you warranty the parts put it back together ? so sorry you are disappointed, hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:
Not interested in pedaling, looking at 2000w fat tire scooters, can use golfing also. Around $2000.

Well, 30 months is not bad. Give it to the neighbors kids, let them buy a motor for $175 and learn about wrenching and electricity.

fat tires can be much fun. There's lots of ebikes out there, and a new ebike you like will be worth every $ ya spend on it! go big or stay on the porch!
what makes me smile
IMG-2038.jpg

pretty much the same issues I had with E- BikeKit I installed on a mtb commuter years ago, they have a very good reputation for this type of item. I knew what i was getting into, I was an electrician in the Navy and those skills are necessary with any made in China ebike components. The loose wire Cable connections were quite a problem, they would pull apart partially and arc/burn the pins and fry the controller. I was pretty aggressive with electrical tape wrapped around each plug. hub motors overheat and fail frequently, mine was not too bad as it had a geared hub motor. I gave it to my neighbor. reputable bike brands with mid drive motors from Yamaha, Bosch etc are reliable if you are willing to spend around $3000.00. Can you warranty the parts put it back together ? so sorry you are disappointed, hope it all works out for you.
That’s silly. I can build a bike with top of the line sustainable components for $2000.

Back