New NCM C7 Electric City Bike. Thoughts?

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
Just spotted the new NCM City Bike on the Leon Cycle web site.
Was super excited to see a city oriented narrow tire ebike but was quickly deflated by a couple things.

1) 36v??? Really? I was expecting 48v
2) 350w motor
3) The back rack is only good for side panniers, you can't throw anything on the rack as it's lower then the fender

I also think the price is a bit steep for a 36v basic bike and I think the cross bar should be slightly more "step-thru" as the big issue for me in the city is the stop&go nature of the riding and a lower crossbar makes it easier to stand at the stop lights.

Just spotted the new NCM City Bike on the Leon Cycle web site.
Was super excited to see a city oriented narrow tire ebike but was quickly deflated by a couple things.

1) 36v??? Really? I was expecting 48v
2) 350w motor
3) The back rack is only good for side panniers, you can't throw anything on the rack as it's lower then the fender

I also think the price is a bit steep for a 36v basic bike and I think the cross bar should be slightly more "step-thru" as the big issue for me in the city is the stop&go nature of the riding and a lower crossbar makes it easier to stand at the stop lights.
I would agree. I think the Milano or Milano+ would be a much better buy for a city bike:
48V, bigger battery
more powerful motor
step through
suspension front fork

I can't wait to get it - it is cheap, has a torque sensor, it is "light", it is fully equipped for the German regulations. It looks like a bike for cyclists. I'll put some Gravelkings on it and replace seat tube, saddle, handle bar with cheap chinese carbon parts. That will be a unique bike: below 20kg, strong enough to help on hills, torque sensor, 504Wh battery, "cheap", basically a BMC alpenchallenge city Al for half the price and I'm able to modify it to my liking, something i can't do with the BMC. I just hope they get the controller to work with the torque sensor as it is meant to (not easy, a lot of companies are still struggling to get it right).

Ive also been looking at this one as my daily commuter to work. I have a Giant but with the theft rate I dont want to lock it up all day out of my view. Ive been eyeing this and the C5... I have doubts about the C5 as Im a 220lb rider and have a few hills to and from the office. Im am concenred... being used to the mid drive will the DAS motor have enough power to assist on those hills.

Back