New models for 2020 Aventon Level & Sinch

Dewey

Region
USA
City
Arlington, Virginia
BRAIN are reporting Aventon are offering two new ebike models, the Level (Class 3) and Sinch (Class 2, fat folder), available from February. Source: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/new...ll-release-two-new-e-bike-models#.XhipE0dKiUk

pob5_k9g.png

4pkr2e9q.jpeg

Available February 12 Aventon informs me. I was on the cusp of buying the Aventon 500 (and buying after-market racks/fenders), but now I'll wait a couple weeks to get the specs on this new model. The Level will have the larger battery (14A) that Aventon has for sale as an optional replacement for the 500 (at $600, it is $200 more than the smaller battery replacement). Plus it will also have fenders and racks. No other info is available that I can find. The photo shows it with the thin seat; hope they keep the cushy one (says this 58 year old...). The bike will retail for $1599, $200 more than the Aventon.

The new Level model should be a top seller for Aventon given how quickly the Ride1Up 700 (same motor & battery ah, different tires) diamond frame sold out. Aventon are going to have to watch Ride1Up who are selling their Reention Rhino 14ah battery pack for $429. The announcement in BRAIN was a little confusing because it mentioned a new Aventon ebike dealer in Washington, DC, but when I contacted Aventon customer service they said there wasn't one and our nearest Aventon dealer is in Philadelphia. In-person shop support is the unique selling point for buying an Aventon over a Ride1Up mail order bike, so I hope they move quickly on widening their dealer network.

Last edited:
The new Level model should be a top seller for Aventon given how quickly the Ride1Up 700 (same motor & battery, different tires) diamond frame sold out. Aventon are going to have to watch Ride1Up closely as they're selling the same Reention Rhino 14ah battery pack for $429. The announcement in BRAIN was a little confusing because it mentioned a new Aventon ebike dealer in Washington, DC, but when I contacted Aventon customer service they said there wasn't one and our nearest Aventon dealer is in Philadelphia but in-person shop support is the unique selling point for buying an Aventon over a Ride1Up mail order bike so I hope they move quickly on widening their dealer network.
The Aventon LEVEL will have a better quality brand name suspension fork, (not generic) also 3 frame sizes (not one size fits all), and of course a fast growing dealer network in addition to the option of buying on line direct for consumers not near a dealer. Spokes are better too, as is the rim construction. Other nuances make the two a bit more different than most people are able to discern from the few photos. First blush they look nearly identical. That's just the nature of this ebike space and competition.

Cadence or torque sensor, Ride up is cadence ...
Cadence. Torque sensing is still rare on hub drive motors. Surface 604 has perfected it over several years now, and Juiced added it after they did, but is still having reliability and tuning issues. Figure a ~ $2000 price range hub drive ebike is where you will see torque sensing that actually works and is reliable.

Cadence. Torque sensing is still rare on hub drive motors. Surface 604 has perfected it over several years now, and Juiced added it after they did, but is still having reliability and tuning issues. Figure a ~ $2000 price range hub drive ebike is where you will see torque sensing that actually works and is reliable.
Igo is another brand, that has been around since 2006, and this year for the first time, they are incorporating torque sensing across multiple hub drive models. And their models with that feature are in the low $2000 to mid $2500 price range. Those models are due to be ready for shipping in the next 60 days. Of course mid drives like Bosch, Yamaha, Brose, etc have all along had some form of torque sensing which is more important/critical to include on a mid drive due to potential for excessive chain wear (I.e. you have human power and motor power all being transmitted to rear gears via the chain). But cost to build mid drives and their sell prices are quite a bit higher than hub drives, everything else on the bike being equal.
Usually that's hard to find (apples to apples on components but different drive types) , as when they add mid drives they almost always add in higher end bike components. Like buying a car when they know you want a sun roof, they package that with gobs of other stuff you may or may not want. The only mid drive (big name brand mid drive - Bosch) ebike I know of with low end components is the Batch commuter. They were initially at $1999, but bumping it back up over $2100 this month. Its all sort of comical watching what these OEMs do. Fairly predictable too on changes they might make year to year. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a hub kind of guy, looking for a 2nd or 3rd bike for a spare which would be a value purchase. torque sensor is a deal breaker, one of many. I keep watching new bikes for bargain

Looks like great additions to the Aventon product line ... the Level and the Sinch. It looks like both have integrated batteries, which I think looks good and has the benefit of "stealth". I'm not a fan of the fat folders, but that Sinch looks awesome, one of the sleekest 20 inch bikes I've seen. Makes the RadMini look really, really dated. I think the Level may regain some ground lost to the Ride1up bikes, especially if they change their throttle to work from a standstill, and reduce the accel at PAS level 1. Like Mike said, I think they have a real differentiator with their dealer network, and it seems to be expanding to more locations. Many suppliers are upping the ante, and Rad (a big player in the value market) is beginning to look a bit long in the tooth.

Last edited:
IMO, battery integration on Level is not stealthier or more elegant than on Pace.
On Sinch it looks better, as usual with this type of frame.
RAD have been lacking something in esthetics department for as long as I remember. Too bad, it's a feature-rich bike at affordable price. Heavy, though.

Thanks for the photos. Is there anyone out there who can discern the maker of the new fork on the Level? I'm eager to learn the specifics of this model.

Thanks for the photos. Is there anyone out there who can discern the maker of the new fork on the Level? I'm eager to learn the specifics of this model.
Mobie A32 SR Suntour Suspension Fork. I'll have these ebikes at my shop early this coming week. Aventon shipping them here to prep for me to bring to the CABDA Midwest Show on Feb 12.
Its definitely a better quality suspension than the generic no name on the R1Up 700 Series.

in the notes it states the Level can be set to 32 mph in the settings menu...
for off road use, nice...

Minor assembling a LEVEL tomorrow. (Unboxed today, but was just too busy all day.) The build quality and paint finish is absolutely amazing. Looks like an ebike that should be much higher priced than it is. It was very well packaged and protected, and prior Aventon buyers who had to assemble your Paces, will be pleased to learn this Level, is mostly assembled when it arrives. Just a hunch, but this will likely be more popular than the Pace's, which sold better than any other brand I've carried by a factor of 4 to 1.

Back